• Layers

20 22.47%
  • One layer

7 7.87%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair Length

Default Hair Length

I have had my hair down to the middle of my back all the way to basically a buzz cut and I like it best when its to my shoulders and one length. What about you?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Default Re: Hair Length

WEll right now my hair sucks ass b/c of a relaxing accident I did to myself and have talked about ad nauseum on here, but its grown to about an inch away from my shoulders ( I have a long neck damnit! ) but the problem is is that its super thin so my hair looks shorter than it is and the part that used to be blonde is now a burnt crispy like substance similar to straw but more maliable, but my roots are kicking ass and growing in strong and dark!...only a couple more years and Ill have some normal hair! I refuse to cut any off except a little trimming by my own hands cause i've been traumatized and am afraid that it won't grow back and I don't trust hair "professionals" people anyway or their wicked wicked ways!

I personally prefer long hair and had it grown to almost the middle of my back when I did this to myself so i went from long hair to a short shaggy mop top in a 24 hour period

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Mine is a little longer than shoulder length but I have lots of layers so it actually looks shorter. I personally like short hair styles cus you can use different styling products to mold your hair different ways easier. With long hair you have to like blow dry it, use straightening or curling irons etc etc, quite time consuming esp since my hair is strangely wavy, it's like neither straight nor curly but just somewhere in between and unmanageable. I used an over the counter hair relaxer b4 and my hair was only straight for 2 days and went back to being wavy. So I decided to perm my own hair then at least my hair would be curly or properly wavy like it should. My perm has gone away now so it's wavy in a very limpy kind of way.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom
    I have had my hair down to the middle of my back all the way to basically a buzz cut and I like it best when its to my shoulders and one length. What about you?
    ME TOO!

I've had the boy cut of the early 90's and pokka straight hair all one length down to my waist.

Right now it varies any where from below the chin to my shoulders in length and with bangs. - The bangs are a more recent addition and I like them more than I thought I would.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

My hair is past my shoulders but I have it layered because I'm afraid all one length would make me look old, as I'm not a teenybop anymore. I'm really enjoying it, and would like it to get even longer.

My hair is a bit past my shoulders, and I'm letting it grow until it gets to mid-back. After having about 8 million different hairstyles, I've finally realized my hair looks best when it's long.

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy
    I go anywhere from mid-back to a #6 clipper cut wedge. I get sick of long hair and cut it short, keep it short for a year or 2 then decide to grow it out. Once long I vow never to cut it again but then repeat the whole process within a few years.
    Im a chronic "grow it long/oh cut it all off" person. I have done that for years. I actually had grown my hair out in 2004 and in March 2005 I got a bug up my ass and went and got it cut all off, the lady had to shave the back of my neck it was that short. My husband was not a fan but he never said a word I just tell. I have not gotten my hair cut since then except to trim my bangs but thank the Lord my hair grows at amazing speed.

I do this too. My last impulse cut I went from halfway down my back to the clippers set at a 3 for the sides and back, and then spiked the hair on the top. It was cute and my boyfriend actually loved it, but I missed being able to put my hair in a ponytail. It's getting longer now, it's almost to the bottom of my neck, but is pretty much a grown out boycut right now. When I get more length I'll even it out.

Mine's the longest it's been in about five years, and now the BF is trying to get me to cut it off, to like Cameron Diaz short. I'm a big scaredy cat, and I have been really burned by stylists before, so I said no way.

I have long hair that stops about half way down my back. When I was little I was really short (obviously, because I was little) but I was really short, I'm still quite short now, I've always been short... Anyway I'm rambling, what was my point... Oh yeah, my hair.

So, when I was little, about 5 or 6 my hair was right down past my bum and I adored it. It was my pride and joy. Until one day my mum let her sister, a practicing hairdresser attack me with her inexperienced scissors and I was left looking like a half boy half girl mutant. I cried for weeks. What I wouldn't have give for a weave!!!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

That'd be cute Tiki!

My hair is about an inch and a half long. I have had my hair this short for about 10 years now. I have tried to let it grow out several times, but just can't! It takes me less than 5 minutes to throw some pomade in it, tousle it and walk out the door! Befor I cut it (after a bitter break up with a man who begged me never to cut my hair) it was just below my shoulder blades with a spiral perm-I went to shoulders, then chin then to short short buzzed in back in about 3 months...and the rest, as they say, is history!
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

I have curly curly hair that's been past my waist and so short i looked like a brunette annie.

I finally figured out last year that layers look best (as long as they aren't too short) with shoulder-lenght-ish hair. My hair curls up anyway, so it always looks much shorter then it is.

Mine is long and straight with bangs. It's basically the same hair style I've had my whole life. Sometimes, I'll get long layers cut into it, just to change it up a little.

mine is real long, about halfway down my back and it grows so quick. i had my roots touched up on the 21st of december and my roots are now up to near an inch long!! i have a few shoulder length layers in there for volume as its real straight, and i have a side sweeping fringe just past my eyes!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information