Thread: What do Aussies really think about Nad's hair waxers?

Gold Member

Default What do Aussies really think about Nad's hair waxers?

Hi all,

OK, this has been a burning question on my mind for a long time.

There is a hair-removal product called Nad's that claims to be made by some rich woman in Australia who even shills the shit with her daughters on TV late at night (although I haven't seen the ads in a long time--probably because they've already achieved their objective of selling a billion bucketloads).

Is this green wax really used by Aussie's everywhere or is that just a marketing ploy? I bought the stuff at local drugstore in TX but the eyebrow stuff works much better than pube removal which is much too goopy.

Thoughts?

Thanks, peeps!

Gold Member

I have my lower legs and underarms waxed at the beauty therapist, but did go through a phase where I waxed my legs at home.

I always found Nad's too goopy, but I was probably not applying it properly.

The best at-home waxing product I found was a pre-waxed strip system from (I think) Nair, which may or may not be another Australian company, I don't remember anymore.

In the end, it's cheaper and easier and more effective to get the beautician to do it.

I'm afraid I'm not much help in regards to eyebrow and pubic waxing: I don't wax, shave or pluck in either of those areas. My eyebrows don't need it (I got lucky: they naturally have a vry nice shape to them, and the one time I got them waxed, they almost disappeared because I don't have enough of them to wax or pluck off! ), and I don't feel the need to rip out my pubic hair, even though the bit that grows near the back annoys me sometimes.

A*O

It's disgusting gloop and unless you use it perfectly it just doesn't work. A triumph of clever advertising over cheap product. I haven't seen an advert for ages but I think they try to sell it as more "environmentally friendly" (?) because you remove the wax using washable fabric strips. So how much does it cost on power and product to wash the damn things then, eh?

Need and eyebrow wax? Go to a salon. They do a better job and it shouldn't be expensive. Ditto pube wax. Legs? Get a good sharp disposable razor and do them in the shower once or twice a week. Ditto armpits.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I bought the Nads eyebrow wand and I've found it to be really messy and awkward to use.

My brother dared my other brother to Nad's his ass. And he did. And he took pics. He's a nut, lol.

I've never used it.

I just shave. If I need to wax something, I get a salon to do it.

I've used both Nads and Nair. Nair has more cream based products, and I prefer it over Nads.

Nads sells an eyebrow wax, it comes in a container like a clickable lipstick pen, and you also receive a few wax strips. If you have blond hair (which is almost always thinner than black or dark hair) these will work well for you.

Nads also has these XXX waxes - I haven't dared go near them as I have heard shiteous reviews.

Some of my girlfriends love Nads, and reckon it's far cheaper than going to a salon. I suppose it can't hurt to try it, most stuff is under or around $10.00
    ssabmud

Just the name of the product alone makes me laugh. I have blond hair and so my eyebrows are light and I can do them myself.

Other regions - just go to a salon and get it done. Much easier.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

i totally feel like a 12-year-old right now. i can't stop laughing at the name of it.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Thread Information