Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone had a nosejob? How do you find a good surgeon?

Silver Member

Default Has anyone had a nosejob? How do you find a good surgeon?

I am currently researching rhinoplasty and I am nervous about how to locate the best surgeon in my area. Does anyone have any experience with this or know of a solid way to lacate a surgeon that specializes in rhinoplasty. I would appreciate the assistance.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Re: Has anyone had a nosejob? How do you find a good surgeon?

I had a nosejob a couple years ago. In my area, there are tons of ads for plastic surgeons, so I got a lot of leads from those. I also found tons of names online. All plastic surgeons do nosejobs, but to be safe, look for a FACIAL plastic surgeon. And make sure he's board certified in plastic surgery, of course. Nose jobs are said to be the most difficult type of plastic surgery, so you want someone who specializes in it. Also check out your state's board of medical examiners website to see if he's had any disciplinary action taken against him. Other than that, it's just a matter of going on several consultations to see who you fit with best. Sometimes you just don't feel comfortable with a certain person and you won't know until you talk to them in person. My doctor looked totally creepy in his picture, but is a sweetheart in person. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

SVZ

also make the distinction between a cosmetic and a plastic surgeon.

you're dentist can call himself a cosmetic surgeon, only a plastic surgeon is certified.

Bronze Member

I had one a year ago...mine was an ear, nose, and throat doctor. I found him because I was also having surgery done on my sinus'. I liked him because my nose now just looks regular, not like plastic surgery nose-jobey(if thats such a word). I would be weary of using a doctor that advertises, using the logic that a good doctor doesn't have to advertise. I'd ask around for recommendations by word of mouth in your area, and ask to see pictures of their work. Good luck!

jen
    Bronze Member

I had one a year ago too, I went to 3 surgeons and ended up goin to the one I was most comfortable talking with.. he was also part of some plastic surgeon assosciation which gave him huge credibility. Before my decision I was shown pictures of previous successful jobs hed done which also made me confident in him... and he was a bit of a hottie wif english accent too which was a bonus , http://www.cosmeticsurgerynz.com/

Silver Member

Thanks guys for all of your advice. I looked up cosmetic surgeons (thanks SVZ for the distinction, I never knew that) and there is only one in my area that specializes in Rhinoplasty, I am in the Boston area. I have to say this is not a place where nose jobs are common, I actually never knew a single person that ever had any type of procedure done, so it is difficult to ask around, that is why I am so nervous. I also have concerns about paying for the procedure, my credit is poor.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

hey will you show us pics Rambie? I would love to see how this turns out for you! I've always wanted one as well and have done a lot of research and the one thing everyone says besides make sure that they're a board certified plastic surgeon and to look at other people they've done is to not skimp on the price! Remember this is your face and if you want the best job by the best qualified then you're going to have to pay, I learned the hard way not to skimp on myself when i tried to relax my hair myself at home w/ a $5 relaxer instead of seeing a professional (who would've told me I was crazy and not done it to me), but anyways, remember that this is permanant so choose wisely and good luck, i'm so happy/nervous for you and please show us pics!!!!

Silver Member

Sure alice, I am still doing research, but I will keep you guys updated for sure! Another thing I see you are from Lost Angeles, I live in the Northeast people jsut don't get nose jobs here, so that only makes it harder to find a good surgeon, I can't ask around, or hear about good surgeons through word of mouth. I have never known anyone who even got plastic surgery. But being in LA I bet you know plenty! Thanks for the support babe!

Is it true they use cocaine for nose jobs? I had a nurse tell me a few years ago that they did. Can any of you tell me if this was so in your cases?

That's wild! C-R-A-Z-Y!

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by Rambie
    Thanks guys for all of your advice. I looked up cosmetic surgeons (thanks SVZ for the distinction, I never knew that) and there is only one in my area that specializes in Rhinoplasty, I am in the Boston area. I have to say this is not a place where nose jobs are common, I actually never knew a single person that ever had any type of procedure done, so it is difficult to ask around, that is why I am so nervous. I also have concerns about paying for the procedure, my credit is poor.
    rambie you want a plastic surgeon not a cosmetic surgeon.

a cosmetic surgeon can be anyone with a dr.'s license - a dentist or a psychiatrist even.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny
    Is it true they use cocaine for nose jobs? I had a nurse tell me a few years ago that they did. Can any of you tell me if this was so in your cases?
    Well, lots of anesthetics are in the "caine" family, which are related to cocaine. This includes novocaine and lidocaine, which are commonly used for dental work too. I doubt cocaine would ever be used these days, but maybe in the past, who knows? And usually it is the epinephrine mixed in with the anesthetic that slows the bleeding, not the anesthetic itself.

Bronze Member

i looked online, compared, did checkups on her schooling and her certifications, and i wound up with a perfect dr for me.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Rambie have you made any plans yet????
    update!

i don't know if you already had it done but just in case...i had a rhino/septoplasty going on 2.5 years ago. my doc was fantastic. bc of where i live there were only 2 facial plastic surgeons but i did my research. my doc was confident and well recommended. i didn't see any other patients he did but everyone in his office was looking really good which made me feel confident. it didn't even hurt after! i thought i'd be in crazy pain but i def wasn't and didn't even take any of my pain medication. the only bad part was waking up from the anesthetic but after it wore off everything was good. i had an open procedure bc of having to have the septoplasty too. my septum still isn't perfect but it's much closer to perfect. the nose still looks very much like mine but just more aesthetically nice. i am so glad i did it and i count my lucky stars every time i look in the mirror.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information