Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lumineers - Has anyone had these done?

Default Lumineers - Has anyone had these done?

I am very interested in getting Lumineers. I know they are fairly expensive, but better than regular veneers. Has anyone here ever had them done? If you don't mind me asking...How expensive? Was the procedure uncomfortable? Was it worth it? etc.

I haven't had them done... although they seem like a MUCH better alternative than full on veneers. My friend was considering them, though she hasn't gone through with them yet. Maybe in the future when I want my little space gone between my two front teeth I will consider them! They seem harmless all in all if you want a perfect smile and have a little extra money to spend. Why not?

waiting for the Madam to return with the whip

Why not? If you can afford about $1,000-$1,400 per tooth, I say go for it.
    Though because of the price many just get the teeth visible done, not all of them.
    I wish I could afford it.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

I've had the Zoom whitening treatment and that worked well, but you have to keep it up yourself with the bleaching trays.

Zoom whitening really helps with the teeth stains.

I guess if someone had wine stained teeth, Zoom whitening would really be a godsend.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

^ Almost on the same level as boxed wine

ugh,wine breath.
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Fortunately white wine doesn't stain and that is what I mostly drink.

What has a stain remover got to do with Lumineers? The OP was asking about Lumineers.

LisaLucy - a friend of mine had great teeth (veneers not nec Lumineers) but she said that she wasn't allowed to bit stuff (e.g. bite into apples, etc). I don't know if this is common across all the range.
    Free Charmed.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by stylejunkiex View Post
    Zoom whitening really helps with the teeth stains.
    Maybe this poster knows. I didn't get the Zoom treatment to remove stains anyway, just wanted a general whitening. Back OT: My husband had veneers and he couldn't eat apples, corn on the cob etc. Now that he has implants, he can eat anything he wants.

ETA: Are Lumineers the Right Porcelain Veneers for You?
    Last edited by gogodancer; August 28th, 2008 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gogodancer View Post
    Maybe this poster knows. I didn't get the Zoom treatment to remove stains anyway, just wanted a general whitening. Back OT: My husband had veneers and he couldn't eat apples, corn on the cob etc. Now that he has implants, he can eat anything he wants.

ETA: Are Lumineers the Right Porcelain Veneers for You?
    Thanks gogdancer and Novice. I appreciate everyone's advice. Wine stains and whitening are not really the problem. I'm just feeling some strain from getting a little older (I'll be 39 this year), and I just want to overhaul a little bit. I haven't decided exactly how, but I've always wanted perfect teeth. What exactly is the process and price for implants? I am exploring all sorts of dental options right now. I appreciate all input.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Implants are painful and expensive, but they are the best thing you can do if you have really bad or missing teeth. If you're just looking for an "overhaul," they're probably too extreme. Dental Implants

Elite Member

My 4 top front teeth are veneers and I eat corn on the cob. I slice my apples anyway, so I can't speak to that, but I have never felt weird about biting into things. I probably wouldn't bite hard candy, though.

Before the veneers I had bonding on my 2 front teeth, and I did break off a piece once when I absentmindedly bit on a pen.

My main problem with veneers is the dreams I have about losing them! I don't understand why they have to remove so much tooth before they put them on. I look like a toothless hag without them!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I ws reading up on the lumineers and that's part of what makes them different they don't take out so much of your own tooth. LUMINEERS Difference | Lumineers.com I would get them if I could afford them and I needed them; I just need to have my wisdom tooth out before it fucks up my straight teeth.

Wow, I just saw some pictures of what they do to your teeth for regular veneers; JFC that is scarier than being in nail chop shop and they go crazy with the dremmel thingy.
    Last edited by Just Kill Me; September 4th, 2008 at 05:48 PM.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information