Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you wear glasses?

Bronze Member

Default Do you wear glasses?

I've started getting my glasses online. I bought a pair online about 6 months ago just to see what they would be like, and they were great. The best part is they are so cheap Im in the UK and the last glasses I got from an opticians cost me over 200. I just got prescription sunglasses from the USA for 11 - same ones in UK 60+. They came in less than a week as well.

where from online? I want cheap glasses!!

I've got to get some new ones soon, I had two pairs and I trashed the nice ones when I fell off my bike- I've got nasty ones now which slide down my nose all the time and piss me off no end!

Yup. I wear contacts and glasses. Luckily, here in Australia, my medicare covers both and I didn't have to pay anything for either, my contacts cost $160 and the glasses were $199 so I was lucky.
    ssabmud

contacts and glasses. two-week disposable contacts (i take them out daily though, the kind you can sleep in freak me out). mostly contacts but on the occasional days with no meetings when i'm just in the office i wear glasses. i wear them at home too to give my eyes a rest from the contacts and i even got a pair of prescription sunglasses made so i can go out in summer without contacts (great for days you want to go swimming, etc).

cheap online glasses sound great! my current glasses were ridiculously expensive (no frames, bendy, extra thin lenses, designer, etc... they had better last years!) so i'd definitely be interested. it would have to be frames that i've seen in stores and tried on, to make sure they look right.
    still, i'm kind of skeptical. nothing beats having an optician that makes sure they fit right and straightens/adjusts them to your face. maybe for an extra cheapo pair or sunglasses or something but i don't think i'd go the online route for glasses i'd wear very often.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

i wear contacts, considering lasik

I've worn glasses for about 6 years now, and I just recently got myself a new pair in April. To be honest, I'd much rather have contacts. But I've had a few eye problems in the past and because of that, I haven't been able to try contacts at all, which is frustrating. I'm getting sick of glasses.

i wear glasses and have done so since God was a baby. i've got insurance, but still have to pay a bit, i go to Walmart.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by grilka View Post
    Zenni Optical - Complete prescription eyeglasses from $8.00 This is the place where I got the sunnies from (USA)
    I've bought 2 pairs of prescription eyeglasses from here for $43 a piece. Look and work great.

I saved a shitload of money especially since I've been doing natural vision training in the quest for perfect natural eyesight and my prescription keeps improving (down to 20/50 from 20/300).

Ugh, at 45, I finally need them.

I'll be making an appointment in the next couple weeks for my first pair. I can no longer see fine print close up.

At this age, do contacts work, or just stick with glasses??

~~OK, first person to say "they don't make bi-focal contacts" gets a smack!

^^^^
    actually i am pretty sure they do.
    and i don't see why you shouldn't at least try contacts. unless you have dry eyes or something you shouldn't have any problem
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I have a question:
    I recently got a new pair of glasses that are slightly different in the lenses (my eyes are changing a little every few years). Up until now I've had the transition lenses but this time I got the normal clear kind. And everytime I put them on things dont QUITE look right. I dunno if I'm adjusting from them being transition, or if I'm delusional or if they are actually wrong and I need to get them adjust...so...my question really is...help?

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    actually i am pretty sure they do.
    and i don't see why you shouldn't at least try contacts. unless you have dry eyes or something you shouldn't have any problem
    I may try contacts, since I've never worn glasses, and at this age, I might struggle to adjust to them! I don't have any eye issues, dry, etc., so maybe the contacts would be a good idea.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^ the office person can sometimes help you try them on

Hit By Ban Bus!
    Cyberland fan club, smelling the desperation

Worn glasses since I was 5 and now mostly wear lenses unless my eyes are sore or I'm flying. It's so nice now that you can get a strong prescription in a pair of glasses without having to wear the Coke bottle heavy lenses.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information