Thread: How much does Botox cost?

Default How much does Botox cost?

I already searched and did not find what I'm seeking.

This is a poll of sorts.

For anyone who had Botox or knows someone who did, I'm curious of your location and the price.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

smf

i ask this awhile ago heres the thread

Botox, Restylane, Juvederm

^Yay, fanks!
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Elite Member

I live just outside of NYC. I do forehead and crow's feet for about $800. It lasts 4 months for me and really takes 10 years off!

^ Have you experienced any migration of the Botox, so that you get a droopy eyelid?

Given your location and both areas you're getting done, I don't think that's bad price.

Elite Member

No, never any problems (knock wood) in the 6 years I've been using it... But I go to a 'real' Plastic Surgeon to have it done not one of those places in the mall where they sell makeup. Also, after I had been doing it a while, not only do you unlearn the mannerism that caused the wrinkles, but the little muscle atrophies. So I dont necessarily do the forehead every time. The crowsfeet need to be done everytime. I gave you the average $ between the two types of visits.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Also, after I had been doing it a while, not only do you unlearn the mannerism that caused the wrinkles, but the little muscle atrophies. So I dont necessarily do the forehead every time.
    Heh, makes sense, though I had never considered that this effect would occur over time - money saver lol.

No, never any problems (knock wood) in the 6 years I've been using it... But I go to a 'real' Plastic Surgeon to have it done not one of those places in the mall where they sell makeup. Also, after I had been doing it a while, not only do you unlearn the mannerism that caused the wrinkles, but the little muscle atrophies. So I dont necessarily do the forehead every time. The crowsfeet need to be done everytime. I gave you the average $ between the two types of visits.
    Doesn't that hurt a lot??
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Not at all if they smear you up in numbing cream and you sit for 20 minutes. Without it, it does indeed feel like someone sticking needles in your skin. Far worse is filler in the lips. As you get older, the fat in your lips goes away leaving you with disappearing lips. This would be where i insert the caveat of dont do Lisa Rinna and company to your lips! Just a little restylane to give back what father time took away from mother nature! Again, numbing cream is your friend!

^Any reason why you chose Restylane as your filler?

Are you doing only the top lip?

I think Juvederm and Captique are now being used for lips.

Elite Member

Actually, after doing the lips once temporarily with one of the restylane type fillers, I was so happy with the result that I did it permanently (on the light side as you can always add more)with liquid silicone the second time . Restylane etc lasts up to one year for this type of thing. What I do not recommend, which IMO looks terrible across the board is the Gortex implant. This is basically a 'flat shoelace' run through the upper lip...just awful. And to answer the earlier question, it was mostly my upper lip that I had refilled, just a little in the lower lip (more on one side than the other as none of us are perfectly symetrical). But in my personal situation, I had very little upper lip to speak of. And, as I was at the PS this morning for botox, I enquired as to the 'average'. According to the NYC Doc, the Dr 90210 types put in about 100 units of botox 'to start' distributed around the face. I had forehead and crows feet and dimple done today which was 86 units which came to $1,000. ETA: 86 units sounds like a lot but it is 2 TINY syringes worth, maybe 2 cc.

^ What do you mean dimple? Like a dimple in your cheek?

I have a dimple in each cheek, I don't like them on me, but I didn't think I could get rid of them. Then again, I don't think I am bothered enough to do something about them.

I love dimples on guys! And my daughter has my dimples and I absolutely love them on her!

What I do not recommend, which IMO looks terrible across the board is the Gortex implant.
    There have been a fair number of rejections as well, including for procedures where the implant was used in nose jobs and was rejected there.

And, as I was at the PS this morning for botox, I enquired as to the 'average'. According to the NYC Doc, the Dr 90210 types put in about 100 units of botox 'to start' distributed around the face.
    To start? I can't imagine Virginia Madsen would look as good (and largely undetectable) as she has if her doc was that aggressive.

Virginia Madsen: My Botox Confession - Virginia Madsen : People.com

I had forehead and crows feet and dimple done today which was 86 units which came to $1,000. ETA: 86 units sounds like a lot but it is 2 TINY syringes worth, maybe 2 cc.
    Sounds like your doc was conservative since that amount covered all those areas. Doesn't sound like he thought he was just starting the amount he would do. That's the kind of approach I want.

Thank you for sharing this info. I'm trying to get a sense of the norms involved both in injection amounts and cost.

Elite Member

Well here's the thing...the 'prophylactic' aspects of botox...ie that it prevents the wrinkles from getting worse (true I might add) is the part the 90210s use to justify 100+ units in the 20 somethings (running to stay in place). In the NYC area and hollywood I would imagine...botox is pretty much considered to be the same as dying your hair or bleaching your teeth. Cant speak about VM.

Thread Information