Thread: Chic hairstyles for work

Default Chic hairstyles for work

I want one but I have no idea how to do it. I have long hair, and I just pull it back in a low ponytail for work. I know there are more chic ways to wear my hair out of my face but I don't know how to do it. I'm a hairstyling neophyte.

What do you ladies out there do for your hair for work, and how do you do it? I need some ideas and instruction on how to do something easy and simple that looks 'done'.

Hit By Ban Bus!

try a loose bun?

Just to get an idea: do you have bangs?

Quote Originally Posted by suhani View Post
    try a loose bun?
    Yeah, I do that sometimes but it always just looks so haphazard. I see girls on the street who have their hair pulled back and it looks so 'done.' Like they tease the front of their hair for volume, or do these cool but simple up-dos. I don't have any idea how to do that stuff.

I think I'm actually 'doing' my hair when I take the time to make a part, rather than just brushing it back.

Quote Originally Posted by mtlebay View Post
    Just to get an idea: do you have bangs?
    No, they break my forehead out something fierce. I do have layers.

Try this: Leave front sections free. Part in middle for that. Take mid section & put in a high pony tail. Wrap strand around the holder,so it dissapears. Take side portions & softly pull back,letting cover most of ear. Pin in back with hair matching pins. Take ends of pony tail and turn under,covering side pieces. pin in place. This make a classic look and so easy to do. Just be sure & check sides to make sure it all is covered going into back. Practice a bit & adjust to suit your face shape. I got tons of compliments when I did this! It is so much better than the "peeled grape" look,I promise.
    ( a bit of hair spray helps get sides in place & also keeps the back main part looking neat.)
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Great. Then I wonder if you'll like this style: just tease up the front of your bangs, then pin it down with a barrette. Then put the rest of the hair in a ponytail. I love this style for the summer, cos not one hair touches my face. It's great. I wear my hair like this 4 days out of 7. It's not too common on the streets either.

http://scarlett-johansson.thecandidp...s_kuwait_1.jpg

Google Image Result for http://scarlett-johansson.thecandidphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/miscellaneous/scarlett_johansson_marines_kuwait_1.jpg

Grrr.... I can't post the pic. (How do we post pics again with the above 'Insert Image' button. Imageshack.us is not working for me either).

Thread Information