Thread: Shampoo Help!

Default Shampoo Help!

Help! I can't find the right shampoo to use for my hair.
    Right now it is winter, which leaves my hair and scalp dry - except my hair is greasy towards the top. I am using Head and Shoulders Sensitive Scalp shampoo right now and trying not to touch my head(and transfer oils). This usually is the case in the summer too - except for the scalp being dry.

I'm getting sick of looking like I've been in the rain too long with my hair being greasy (yet strangely dry)..
    Any suggestions?

Default Re: Shampoo Help!

Perhaps you would like to try Sebamed? I have the same kind of hair prob as you and sebamed works very well for me.

Are you overwashing? It sounds contradictive but when u wash too often greasy hair goes mad and gets greasier. I used to wash 2x daily, to overcompensate. My hair used to be dripping with oil by nighttime. I had to 'train' my hair off the washing, it took weeks! Now i wash only every 3-4 days, and my hair stays within the normal 'dirty' range. If u MUST wash, then rinse only with water, to keep yourself sane. Wash only every 3rd day with shampoo. Tie it back out of your face if it bugs u.

That helped me, hope it helps u?
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

Try 100% natural shampoos. They usually trigger less reactions than the chemical components of regular shampoos. I sometimes had dandruff problems and using anti-dandruff shampoos only made it worse! Since I use natural shampoos my hair and scalp have never been healthier.
    Nope.

I have curly hair that can get super, super dry if I don't treat it nice. What you might have to do is learn how to wash your hair again. When you shampoo, don't use too much and concentrate most of it towards the top since that's where more grease is.
    Showering with hot hot water is also very very drying to your hair and skin.

Maybe you should try a hair mask to try and restore some moisture to your hair and then work on the greasy-ness.

Aussie has this new line called Dual Personality that is awesome. It balances greasy roots and dry ends. Smells good too!

Thanks for the advice everyone - I will definately remember it when I head to the grocery tonight! I could be overwashing it causing both the dryness and then of course too much shampoo to wash with

cover the dry length with conditioner and wash your scalp/top with the shampoo. I did this for awhile, then abandoned shampoo completely. i wash with conditioner only now, and does get the hair and scalp clean.
    Coffee is my happy drug

I wash and condition one day. The next day I just rinse. The third day I condition only. Then I wash and condition et cetera...

The Aussie Dual Personality works wonders, Miss Perfect, plus I use a light leave in conditioner every other day. Washing my hair too much did seem to be an issue too. My hair feels normal now!
    Thanks everyone!!

I use Neutragena T-Gel menthol or a tea tree. I did get Aveena Rosemary & Mint shampoo as a stocking stuffer from my younger sister. She loves the stuff. Works really good.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_perfect
    Aussie has this new line called Dual Personality that is awesome. It balances greasy roots and dry ends. Smells good too!
    I second this. I have a greasy top and dry ends, and Dual Personality has helped a lot.

if you have coloured hair its best to stay away from products like Head and shoulders which are designed for dandruff etc, the harsh chemicals to treat the dry scalp also dry out the already processed hair. if you must use it id use it once a week only and use a regular moisturising shampoo all other times. When condtioning also- dont let the conditioner touch the first 2 to 3 inches of hair from the root, this weighs the hair down and will make it greasy real quick!!

Thread Information