Thread: My pores are huge

Default My pores are huge

The pores on my nose and certain parts of my face have become larger... I have no idea what to do or what to use.Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any products that can help me out. I am thinking of revamping my skincare products.

Default Re: my pores are huge

One thing I've learned from derms is that pores aren't like doors, they don't open and close. So any product that tells you it can "close your pores" is lying.

You can reduce their appearance through a daily moisturizer with fruit acids - they work because the chemical exfoliation keeps your pores clean and unclogged. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion is a good, inexpensive one to try. It has SPF 15 which is good because when you use fruit acids you really need to make sure you have sunscreen.

Photofacial supposedly shrinks pores, among other things. I've had one, but not for pores. Look up "Photofacial"
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

SVZ

your pores have no muscles attached so them so it's impossible for them to contract i nthe sense that advertisers are telling you.

if you're producing less oil, their appearance will minimize etc, but you're really stuck with what you have unfortunately.

THE BEST product for that is Clinique pore minimizer instant perfector. it comes in a tube, and is like seventeen dollars retail, but i get it on ebay. its a silica based substance, and has the consistency of frosting (but its nude colored). it just spackles in the pores and you come off looking like a china doll. and it doesnt even look like you're wearing makeup. here's a link: http://www.clinique.com/templates/pr...UCT_ID=PROD866

my skin has been ok for the past few years, but lately it is going crazy. I have never broke out so much in my life and the pores on the side of my nose has become larger.Maybe what SVZ said is true....

I use the Clinique instant perfector as well. It really does work, and pretty much instantly. I like the feeling of it too - even though it looks thick, it feels like a light, weightless powder on your skin.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I just use a facial toner with a good dose of alcohol in it, combined with some moisturizing elements.. seems to work for me
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I can have baby perfect skin or some visible pores depending on my skin regimen so I think you can improve a lot with the appropriate regimen. If it's really bad you can have home glycolic peels every other week (but have the first one done at you dermatologist to see how it goes) and use a vitamin A cream like Retin-A or Avage every day (you need a prescription for those)

If it's not not bad you can just use a daily face scrub like I do (Clinique has a good one) and a very strong hydrating cream at night - I use those individual hydrating mask thingy, it works beautifully - The real thing is always better than any make-up cover-up obviously

You also need to eat really well (with sufficient fat too) and drink lots of water

Gold Member

Default Re: My pores are huge

My skin tone and pores improved greatly when I started using a cleanser twice a day and moisturizers with vitamins. My pores seem to be incredibly deep so I don't get blackheads but all of a sudden, I'll have a spot that's not a pimple, but there's something there and like you say, my pores start to look larger. If I look with a magnified mirror, I usually see a light brown spot and it's a clogged pore. If I pay a little extra attention to those spots, they clear up and don't look huge anymore. Using a microdermabrasion treatment helps keep mine clear. Lemme know if you want a sample.

Default Re: My pores are huge

I use Neutrogen Original Face Wash and it will make a marked difference in one use...try it!! good luck and what ever you do...dont squeeze!
    bum gone bad

Thread Information