Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sun Bed / Teeth Bleach Combo

Default Sun Bed / Teeth Bleach Combo

Anyone heard of this and does it work? Just been on my morining break at work and the girls were on about this treatment where you go in for your usual sunbed session but with a gum shield full of gel to pop in your mouth and grin like a maniac. Supposedly you come out a bronzed goddess with sparkling white gnashers. I'm intrigued - does it work?

SVZ

It would because some teeth whiteners use UV light to activate the oxygen (which bleaches your teeth)

Best to get out of the tanning bed, use some fake tan lotion, and just pay for the teeth bleaching. It'll save you melanoma costs in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    It would because some teeth whiteners use UV light to activate the oxygen (which bleaches your teeth)

Best to get out of the tanning bed, use some fake tan lotion, and just pay for the teeth bleaching. It'll save you melanoma costs in the future.
    Yeah I gave up the sun beds two years ago, always fake tan, have very interesting patchy ankles! Just seemed like a good combo. Wouldn't mind having my teeth bleached, they're not yellow or anything, just think it'd be nice to have a super bright pair of choppers.

SVZ

i'd just be wary....your lips don't produce any oils and have very little natural sun protection and melanin...so you should always have a sunscreen on them. i learned the hard way i went on trip without lip balm and came back with a sun spot on my lips. eew

a cheap and effective way to bleach your teeth is to get ear drops, yes eew. but it's just water, gylcerine and calcium peroxide (same stuff they use to bleach your teeth) just a few drops, let it dry, then brush it off a night. cheaper and more effective than the crest whitestrips gel crap..you could even mix the two together.

Really?! I've never heard of that. Hmm? My Dad has some in the cupboard at my parents house but it's got a really strong stench to it, like disinfectant, I might gag.

Maybe I can buy some drops that don't smell from someplace, plus the thought of dripping drops from a dropper that my dads had near his lug holes is too icky to think about!

SVZ

I use the murine drops. They feel kinda slimy because of the glycerine (a plant extract...it's used in almost every skincare)

Get a new one because it does oxidize (and therefore lose it's effectiveness)

They just built a tanning salon near me; that shop used to be a florist, before that it was a greengrocer...now it's a tanning salon. "Bling" has well and truly arrived in my little village.

SVZ is right; avoid the tanning bed and just go for the teeth bleaching.

Elite Member

I read that those tanning salons do more damage than laying out in the sun.

A friend of mine WAY overtans in tanning beds. Which is silly, living in central Florida, she might as well just lay out in the sun most of the year if she is determined to bake herself. She says it calms her to go tanning. At any rate, I was visiting her, and she went to lift her arm, and she had this huge white patch under each arm. I guess it's difficult to tan your pit in a bed.

I've also seen girls on the beach with a big tan spot on the bottom of their butts. At least if you're tanning outside you can move your limbs around to get exposed evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by moocow View Post
    A friend of mine WAY overtans in tanning beds. Which is silly, living in central Florida, she might as well just lay out in the sun most of the year if she is determined to bake herself. She says it calms her to go tanning. At any rate, I was visiting her, and she went to lift her arm, and she had this huge white patch under each arm. I guess it's difficult to tan your pit in a bed.

I've also seen girls on the beach with a big tan spot on the bottom of their butts. At least if you're tanning outside you can move your limbs around to get exposed evenly.
    The white pits are hilarious I do agree, I don't use them I just thought If I could get my teeth all white for the simple price of one sunbed session then bonus?

I go on sunbeds, not regularly but if I get an outbreak of acne or something they clear up after a 5 minute session on the beds, I've never been very good with fake tan but I'm learning!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

I have been tanning for one season, ever. My friends somehow convinced me that I should go and tan a couple times a week for like a month before a big trip to the islands in the middle of winter so that I didn't completely burn myself. However, I was really good about the tan line thing. I did a couple times in the bed, and then they moved me to the one where you stand up and put your arms up in the air, and since you aren't really touching anything other than the floor, you can do it completely nude if you wanted to. I couldn't bring myself to do that though. I just wore a bottom that was skimpier than my usual bathing suit so you wouldn't be able to see the tan lines. Something about being completely naked in that just rubbed me the wrong way.

I also ended up ridiculously dark by the end of vacation, way darker than I wanted to be, but it's hard to avoid the sun when your idea of a good vacation is the outdoorsy type stuff. I can honestly say that I didn't burn that year though.

SVZ

my ex went tanning once...burned his balls..irish

I have to admit to going to the tanning bed Living in Arizona it is way too hot to lay out in the summer. And for me personally, I don't do it to have a great tan, I do it so I'm not blindingly white (which I would be otherwise) With a tanning bed, I can go for 15 minutes and get much better results that I could lying in 120 degree weather for 2 hours.

Sounds like a one-way ticket to tackiness. Add in a big boob job, talon-like nails and plastic shoes and you're a stripper. Yay!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information