Thread: Play-Doh cologne

Default Play-Doh cologne

I took a vow some time in the early 1990s never to wear cologne again. Trust me, I wore enough Polo and Drakkar Noir between the years 1984 and 1987 to last five lifetimes. If I did buy a bottle right now, though, I definitely know what I'd pick: Au de Play-Doh.
    smallflower.com

The three best smells in the world are, 1. The top of a baby's head; 2. The exhaust from a 1969 Porsche 912 (just trust me on that one); and 3. Play-Doh. So when Heather Maddan got a sample bottle of the Play-Doh 50th Birthday Limited Edition cologne last year, before she left the Chronicle to edit lilsugar.com, I made a mental note to blog about it.
    I never got around to it, probably because of other deadlines but possibly because of a subconscious desire to keep it all to myself. I mean, it's a Limited Edition, right? What if they only made 12 of them? Thankfully, a recent Play-Doh-related Internet search reveals that there are bottles to be found everywhere. We may be rationing gas, water and salmon this summer, but there will be plenty of Play-Doh cologne.
    I don't have much of a review, other than to say it will make your man smell exactly like Play-Doh, which really has no downside. Keep it in mind for a Father's Day gift. (And remembe-- tiaras work well for dads, too!)

The Poop : Play-Doh cologne is in the air

I smelled that in a store around Christmas. There was a whole selection of novelty colognes including this gem.

For all you herpes ridden people.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I saw the play-doh one maybe last summer at an Ulta with a bunch of other crazy scents, but they were mostly novelty candies. I missed the pleasure of seeing the sushi scented one.

I will say that it smells exactly like play-doh, but I'm not entirely sure that's a good thing for cologne.

I had a cold so my sense of smell was off but I'd say that none of them smelled like something you'd actually want on your skin. Vanilla cake batter was another one there. It had an odd metallic edge to it. Not quite what I look for in a cake.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

sushi? ew
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hit By Ban Bus!

play doh cologne?!

Thread Information