Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who had or has acne?

Default Who had or has acne?

I had acne as a teen. I'm 20 now. I don't actually remember getting acne or my first spot or anything but I do remember when I was about 15 that swiming lessons at school were the bain of my life since I had to have all my make-up washed off, and only had about 3mins to put it all back on again before my next lesson.

I don't have acne so much anymore but from time to time I do get spots and I would never say my skin is totally clear *sigh*. I'm hoping I'm still young enought to grow out of it!

Default Re: Who had or has acne?

I had very mild acne during my teen years. I went on the pill at 18 and just got off it, ten years later. Now that I am off it I got worse acne than I had when I was a teen! I guess b/c my hormones are all over the place or something. Anyway, it's been about 8 months and the acne is slowly getting better. I just have to use a lot more meds on my face which sucks. I am seriously considering going back on the pill just for this reason! Although, I am not too keen on all those artificial hormones again! I noticed such a difference in my body, most good except for the acne, when I went off them. P.S when I was on the pill I rarely got a pimple. Maybe once a month.

Bronze Member

Same here. I had pretty bad acne starting actually in the 6th grade, went to the dermatologist and got medicine, the whole 9 yards. Then I got on the pill when I was 22 or so, and nothing....no more pimples!! I actually get pretty regular compliments on my skin now. When I do get a pimple, it is about once every 3-4 months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiedoll25
    I had very mild acne during my teen years. I went on the pill at 18 and just got off it, ten years later. Now that I am off it I got worse acne than I had when I was a teen! I guess b/c my hormones are all over the place or something. Anyway, it's been about 8 months and the acne is slowly getting better. I just have to use a lot more meds on my face which sucks. I am seriously considering going back on the pill just for this reason! Although, I am not too keen on all those artificial hormones again! I noticed such a difference in my body, most good except for the acne, when I went off them. P.S when I was on the pill I rarely got a pimple. Maybe once a month.
    I am in this exact situation. Ever since quitting the pill, my face has been breaking out. It's nothing that makeup can't easily hide, but I really miss my clear skin.

A*O

My daughter (15) had TERRIBLE acne on her back poor kid. We tried the usual lotions, soaps, antibiotics with little success and in the end her dermatologist suggested she went on the Pill and the acne cleared up almost overnight. She gets the occasional pimple, usually just before her period, but I think we all get those. I also think diet has an enormous effect on acne, although many doctors disagree. Junkfood and chocolate, soda and insufficient fresh fruit/veg will guarantee a breakout.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by pineappledapple
    Same here. I had pretty bad acne starting actually in the 6th grade, went to the dermatologist and got medicine, the whole 9 yards. Then I got on the pill when I was 22 or so, and nothing....no more pimples!! I actually get pretty regular compliments on my skin now. When I do get a pimple, it is about once every 3-4 months or so.
    Whats the name of that pill? It sounds really good. I did have bad acne but i got on this medicine called Septra and it has made such an improvement on my skin, I'm afraid once i stop taking it my acne will come back with vengeance.

SVZ

i had horrible horrible horrible acne.

school put me on accutane and now i'm clear. i wouldn't recommend accutane though, took me about 2 years to get rid of the side effects (dry skin, raw skin, sensitive digestion)

You guys might already know about this site but i thought just in case you don't ill share with you, it's called acne.org and they have product ratings that have been really helpful for me. Hopefully this site will help you too!

SVZ

clearskin.net is a good one too

Elite Member

I have acne now. I went on the pill for it when I was around 17 because i was miserable but I had really really bad side effects from it - basically a non stop period. It also wrecked my body for a long time. So now I just try to control it with Benzoyl Peroxide and really good medicated clensers. I'm not as bad now as I was when I was a teenager and now that I've added gamma hydroxy the clearing time on my skin is less.

I was looking at trying out the dermalogica products, has anyone used them at all?

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Tierra
    Whats the name of that pill? It sounds really good. .
    It's THE Pill = contraceptive.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Yeah but there are loads of different types of the pill!

Oh God I had terrible acne from the age of about 11 to about 15. I'm 18 now and still get the odd one but nothing like I use to.

I went to see my doctor on numerous occasions, she gave me various things to get rid of them, tablets, creams etc until I finally found one that worked. But then I found out it was harmful after so many years I had to stop taking it and the spots come back within days.

Then I went on the pill when I was 15 and they went and havn't been back since!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

I had bad skin in highschool, I used to wear loads of foundation to cover it up. I once got referred to as the "orange spotty one"

The worst thing was being quite shy I was was really aware of it, even though it may not have seemed so bad to everyone else I would imagine that when they were talking to me they were looking at my 'friend' also.

I used to spend a lot on posh formulas and lotions with salycilic acid and benzoyle peroxide but they aggravated my skin.

Most teenagers go through acne at some point, thinking about it now the pill did calm mine down however I think it was starting to calm down alone beforehand. I still get flare ups now and again. Thats down to my skin being fairly oily, but just think - Less wrinkles in the future!

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tierra
    Whats the name of that pill? It sounds really good. I did have bad acne but i got on this medicine called Septra and it has made such an improvement on my skin, I'm afraid once i stop taking it my acne will come back with vengeance.
    it's called orthotricyclen. now i just get the generic brand and it is no different. loves it! i have never heard of Septra.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information