Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eyebrow Tattooing

Bronze Member

Default Eyebrow Tattooing

I am looking into it. My eyebrows are so screwed. One has a bald spot right in the middle and the hairs grow weird so that makes it look even more mutated. I have to do the pencil all the time and it majorly sux!!! I always have to worry whether the pencil is smeared, etc. Has anyone had this done or knows of someone who has?? I need advice, things to think about, etc.
    Thanks!!

SVZ

Default Re: Eyebrow Tattooing

My mom has permanent eyeliner, it looks really good I think...but she should really get it refreshed, the ink can fade or turn different colors.

Bronze Member

The bald spot has been there for several years. I'm not sure why it won't grow back in, I did not pluck it repeatedly or anything. My brows can look good if my artistic/drawing skills are on point on that particular day. But sometimes it can look really crappy, and it is time consuming to get them to look the same, etc. I have gone out of the house in a hurry then saw in my rear-view mirror that they were lopsided. Not an awesome look! I saw some girl on on of those True Life shows on MTV get it done before her wedding, and it looked good. But, yes, it is permanent. Of course that is the scary part.

Bronze Member

Yes, it would. My fantasy. Also, i am fair skinned with light hair (honey blonde). I would have to be careful about the color that was selected as well. I would definitely ask for photos/recommendations!!
    Now I have to find a reputable person in town to do it.....I am thinking a plastic surgeon's office rather than a salon.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I think there is permanent and semi permanent eye brow tattooing.
    Semi permanent one lasts 2-3 months.

You can also get your eye brows tinted if they are too light in colour.

I've also heard about ppl using rogain on their eye brows, might work?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Bronze Member

Hmmmm...interesing about the rogaine! And I have never heard of the semi-premnent thing. I will have to look into that! The problem is that the hairs are just too sparse. It really needs to just be filled in, hence the constant eyebrow pencil. I have to actually create an arch (whoe new shape) with the pencil because my "brows" are so awful. I found this lady in Atlanta where i live who is a professional makeup artist in the entertainment industry for 20 years, and started doing the permanent stuff 10 years ago. she has pics on her site, etc. she is starting to sound pretty good, I get a good feeling from her information. I think I will get a consultation from her.

Is there any scarring or noticeable flaking? I've always been interested in it - but haven't done anything because it is permanent, and the person better be sure of what they are doing!

Gold Member

Personally, I wouldn't do anything permanent. But I'm a commitment phobe

Oh my God. Theres a girl in my work who is just 100% fake. I don't even think she has her original limbs any more!

She has hair extensions, fake tan, bleach blonde hair, false nails, collagen, breast implants, botox, tattooed eyebrows AND tattooed lip liner! And she's only 31!!!!

Anyway, her eyebrows don't look too bad when she's just had them done and shaved her own off but she doesn't take proper care of them. So when her real eyebrows start to grow back she just leaves them and she looks like she has two sets of eyebrows. The real ones that are quite low and very arched, and the false ones that are high and less arched. Its freaky looking!!!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

^

Does getting an eyebrow tattoo mean you must have your eyebrow hair all plucked? I'd never do that... my mom plucked her eyebrows when it was "in" in the '60s and has been regretting it ever since... She always has to pencil them in. I'm not sure about those permanent tattos... my sister had a permanent lip liner tattoed some years ago, but it only lasted for a couple of months!!!

<--- I need to trim my eyebrows every couple of days, those suckers grow like grass
    Nope.

^^ I don't think you have to shave them completely off. Just pluck the stragglers!

The woman who does my nails (is actually the one who does this girls eyebrows!) and she tattooes her own eyebrows on, she plucks most of her own eyebrows out but leaves a few just covering the tattoo to make them look more realistic.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Boo

My mom also did it and the only person that knows about it - besides her and the person who did it- itīs me. Itīs so natural and perfect that scares me and I am considering of doing it just to have perfect brows forever *rs

Boo

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara
    ^

Does getting an eyebrow tattoo mean you must have your eyebrow hair all plucked? I'd never do that... my mom plucked her eyebrows when it was "in" in the '60s and has been regretting it ever since... She always has to pencil them in. I'm not sure about those permanent tattos... my sister had a permanent lip liner tattoed some years ago, but it only lasted for a couple of months!!!

<--- I need to trim my eyebrows every couple of days, those suckers grow like grass
    No, it&#180;s not necessary to take them off, they just tatoo the "missing spots" and then re-draw the eyebrown. My mom said it hurted a bit, but nothing spetacular. =)
    I am going to seek pictures of her brows for you guys and then you can take your own opinion about it. Wait a bit!

heeeere we go:
    Last edited by Boo; December 22nd, 2005 at 10:43 AM.

I had mine done 2 months back and the results are very natural. They look like I drew them on.

I have to tweeze the stray hairs now and then to keep them looking neat.

^^ Regina, they look lovely. They do look natural. There is nothing worse than people dyeing them really really dark.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information