Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Face Peel

Default Face Peel

Does anyone knows anything at all about them? Prices, risks, side affects, pain etc??

I had really bad acne when I was younger and although I can cover them up with make up pretty well, I still have slight scars on my face as a result. I just wanted to find some stuff out about them because I have been considerating it lately
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

A*O

Default Re: Face Peel

I had a so-called micro-peel a few weeks ago and had a very unpleasant allergic reaction. My skin became itcy and blistered and it looked like a pizza for a week. Meanwhile I wanted to rip my face off it was so itchy. tight and dry. However, once it settled down and my skin 'regenerated' it looked fabulous. If you go for a full peel then I guess you will experience the same, or worse. I was the exception, most people don't have such a violent reaction to a micro peel, but you need to do some pre-testing before you go ahead.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

A*O

Don't be fooled - a peel involves putting a special acid on your skin which will 'burn' away the top layers of skin so your body's natural defence is to create new skin cells to replace the damaged/missing ones. My face was covered in lots of tiny, weeping blisters for 2 days and then the itching started with chunks of skin peeling off. I could not leave the house I looked so freakish. The end result with your 'new skin' looks great, but it's not permanent and I would not be prepared to experience that much discomfort again. Perhaps I had a particularly severe reaction, but unless you have a serious skin problem that a peel could fix, and particularly if you are under, say 40, I would stay away from this proceedure to be honest.
    Dame Edna Everage

Something I would recommend that is cheap, effective and not painful is a micro-dermabrasion cloth. Like you Tiara, I've had acne scars in the past, and I bought on of these cloths for about £6 from a seller on eBay (not second hand!!) and it has worked wonders. Here's an example of one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Microdermabras...QQcmdZViewItem

You just wash your face as normal with face-wash, and make sure your skin is really clean, then wet the microdermabrasian cloth and rub that over the problem areas. It does give a tingly feeling but you get used to it - just dont do it too much or your skin can go very red. It is good though, because you are totally in control of the pressure you apply etc and can do it whenever you want.

Anyway I would thoroughly recommend them for getting rid of acne scars. They really do work. Ha! I sound like a saleswoman!

A*O

I agree - if you stick to a regular routine of exfoliation using a special cloth or product (which a peel is an extreme version of) you should see an improvement over time. I would be very worried about a young person having a chemical (aka acid) peel unless there was a good dermatological reason for it.
    Dame Edna Everage

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara
    Does anyone knows anything at all about them? Prices, risks, side affects, pain etc??

I had really bad acne when I was younger and although I can cover them up with make up pretty well, I still have slight scars on my face as a result. I just wanted to find some stuff out about them because I have been considerating it lately

I was thinking about the same thing today!!! that I want to do something about my acne scars.
    How about laser treatments or photofacial of some kind? This would prolly be expensive though.
    I guess I'll give micro-dermabrasion a try. Has anyone tried over the counter ones? I think Neutrogena and Loreal have dermabrasion kits.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Does anyone know how to get rid those red marks left from acne? Neutrogena came out with this fading stuff but it didn't work for me.

SVZ

i gave myself a TCA, glycolic, and a jessner's peel (resorcol, salicylic acid, phenol and TCA http://www.skinsite.com/info_jessner_peel.htm)

just did it at home, no adverse reactions for me. but i don't recommend it.

A*O

If you have red acne scars then my advice would be to avoid any more brutal chemical treatments, especially without the supervision of a qualified dermatologist. If you are that unhappy with the appearance of your skin then go and consult a professional, not a beautician or someone you know via the internet. Seriously.
    Dame Edna Everage

^ I don't know how you meant that, but i can assure you i take great caution before taking somthing orally or topically to treat my face.

A*O

What I mean is that it's tempting to buy something over the counter that promises all kinds of miracles, or to get suckered into paying for expensive treatments that either don't work in the first place, or cause even more damage. I know this from bitter experience.
    Dame Edna Everage

^Thank you for clearing that up and for the advice.

I wish you'd change your name whenever I look at it quickly in a thread title I assume its me!!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

I use LaraChem Glycolic Acid Peel 30% once in a while, it really gives the feeling of having a new skin... but the itching is hard to bear (I'm a big sissy )

The cloth looks like something to definitely try first, although 24 hours seem like a long time to endure a red face!
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara
    I wish you'd change your name whenever I look at it quickly in a thread title I assume its me!!
    I'm sorry, When i saw the old board had moved again i just registered as soon as i got here. If i would have known somone had a name as close to mine i wouldn't have used it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information