Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help me and my Orange Foot?!!

Default Please Help me and my Orange Foot?!!

Oh god I want to go home or at least for it to go dark outside very quickly. I am severely paranoid.

I'm getting ready for my Christmas Work Party on Friday and have been 'pampering' this week, after a bath I have been spraying fake tan all over me and the colour has been building up really nicely. Well I don't know what happened last night, maybe I was in a rush but all the mist must have settled on my left foot.

I had no idea until this morning, I was in such a mega rush and put on the skirt, blouse and sandals I had ironed last night. (well not the sandals obviously). Had I known I would have ironed my pants and put ankle boots on - but no time.

Anyway running through the carpark this morning - it hit me!! WTF is up with my foot?!! Orange is an understatement. the whole left foot and toes are a deep dirty orange colour. But what could I do? I'm in work already, and late. Trying my very hardest to cut down on going to the toilets, making drinks too often etc. The desk is my saviour.

I had to go out at dinner and I swear I am being stared at, A car full of perverted old men whistled at me and I shot them my most disgusted look ever as if to say you sicko's, then horror of horrors . . . They started laughing histerically at me. Maybe I'm paranoid or my 'nasty face' is highly amusing I don't know but I got stared at in the shop too my an old lady and a young boy.

Help please, any advice needed to get rid of this rancid colour. I'm already planning a long hot soak in the bath tonight and loads of scrubbing but any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.

phew... finished!

EDIT: I Cannot believe 8 of you have read my dilemma and not one of you cares, you heartless lot!
    Last edited by Tenaj; December 14th, 2005 at 09:56 AM.

Default Re: Please Help me and my Orange Foot?!!

Not a matter of not caring, I just have never used any kind of tanning spray/lotion/gel (I have only done the unhealthy bake in the tanning beds, and not anymore), so I don't have anything that could help you. Wish I did though!

No problem! I was very annoyed before, calmed down a little now Will plan to stay in a hot bath ALL night and hope it comes off.

I don't know what to suggest, I don't use this stuff. I just stick with my natural color, fishbelly white. Maybe you should call the manufacturer of the fake tan stuff and ask them.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Ok sweetie, I really wanted to be of help since you told me that my thread

How to fake a diet

is responsible for the misfortunes of your foot
    So I did a little research for you and this is what I've found

http://www.handbag.com/beauty/produc...tropezremover/

"* Fruit-based scrubs will remove fake tan from your skin faster than a thief in the night - handy to know if you want to tone it down but a disaster if you have just tanned for a night out."
    (http://www.nzww.co.nz/fashion/story.cfm?storyID=3636012)

If it doesn't get better until Friday, just use some foundation on your ankle and foot to hide it.

I tried fake suntan a handful of times in my life... and the results were so horrible every time that I hope I'll never get the idea of trying it again. I'm fair-skinned and I always came out as dirty and uneven orange
    "Sex is not, by default, depraved and dirty. Unless it's really good."
    morons.org

Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane
    Ok sweetie, I really wanted to be of help since you told me that my thread

How to fake a diet

is responsible for the misfortunes of your foot
    So I did a little research for you and this is what I've found

http://www.handbag.com/beauty/produc...tropezremover/

"* Fruit-based scrubs will remove fake tan from your skin faster than a thief in the night - handy to know if you want to tone it down but a disaster if you have just tanned for a night out."
    (http://www.nzww.co.nz/fashion/story.cfm?storyID=3636012)

Aww thank you!!!

Ooh, fruit based scubs - I have body shop papaya body scrub, that might work?! Fingers crossed eh! While I'm at it I'll cross my orange toes too for extra luck!

Don't blame yourself MaryJane, I had started my 'beautiful' transformation on Monday night!!

I don't know what to suggest, I don't use this stuff. I just stick with my natural color, fishbelly white. Maybe you should call the manufacturer of the fake tan stuff and ask them.
    That description made me laugh!

Let us know if the papaya body scrub works please. Ive not done the fake tan and I guess I never will now. GOOD LUCK !!!!

^^ I've never had such a problem before, I use fake tan quite frequently, I must admit I bought some really crappy cheap stuff on the weekend, I guess fake tan is not something you should buy cheap!

Finished work nowm looking forward o sitting in the bath for 5 hours and turning into a prune! Thanks for all the advice

you poor thing tenaj, i feel bad for you, but your desperation and then your "edit" have made me laugh out loud! hope things are better for you.

I don't know what to do about the aftermath, but to prevent if from happening the next time you should put regular lotion on your feet afterwards.

I just now saw this, and was going to suggest scrubbing the hell out of your foot with a salt scrub... but I bet the fruit-based scrub would be better. Let us know how it goes!

Oh thank you for all the advice, used the fruit scrub and my god it works! Seriously, it didn't scrub it all off, just completely blended and toned down the colour, I no longer have toes that look like chicken claws!!

I am in such a good mood that I actually laughed at your Oompa Loompa picture Tiki, had I seen it yesterday I would have burst into tears!!

Any kind of mechanical (scrubs) or chemical (fruit acids) exfoliator will work. I have these Alpha/Beta Hydroxy towelettes that are great for this sort of thing.

Well I decided to go for the not-so-good-for-you tan last night, I went on the sun bed. I look like a fried lobster now, hope it'll die down before my christmas party tomorrow night
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information