Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First Brazilian wax - just did it

Default First Brazilian wax - just did it

Ow.

It's getting better though, but I noticed that some skin gets more torn and irritated than others. I was lobster red, and that seems to be going away. I just put on antibiotic creme - figured some protection couldn't hurt.

I'm told the regrowth period is nowhere as irritating and ingrown as shaving (and of course I didn't slice myself in the shower), but I'll see for myself. I'm told it will last from 2 weeks to a month, which sounds like heaven to someone with my skin that reacts to everything.

I actually found it a bit awkward to interact with the technician, maybe b/c my knee was practically on my nose. Maybe I'm more prudish than I thought.

Any advice for after care?
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

I used to get waxed a lot in my early 20's (under arms/bikini area)...until those areas started developing skin tags. I don't know WHAT the correlation was, but since I stopped 5 years ago, I've yet to see another one.

You've been warned.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

I'm not sure what the correlation would be either. Heh - never expected that. I had one skin tag removed from my thigh last summer - I'm thinking maybe biking or running caused it. Is that the reason you stopped waxing, or something else?
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Bienvenue au club!

I've always waxed, never shaved. Regrowth is lighter, softer, no ingrowns. Wait a day or two and then take a soft washcloth in the shower with some soap and gently exfoliate the area. That gets rid of any hidden wax or little hairs. You'll be amazed at how week 5 (depending), you may see some growth, but it's nothing.

^So wonderful to hear that. I was shaving everyday or every other day. Painful.

I'm a long time waxer, more than 10 years. I do develop the occasional ingrown, but I find Tend-Skin works well in case you do.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    I'm not sure what the correlation would be either. Heh - never expected that. I had one skin tag removed from my thigh last summer - I'm thinking maybe biking or running caused it. Is that the reason you stopped waxing, or something else?
    yup, that's why I stopped

To each their own though.

To avoid/cut down on further waxing torture, you may want to consider the Seiko Clean Cut (pubic hair) shaver which was designed for Brazilian wax upkeep.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

um yeah, i hate waxing and dont advocate it; save ur money up for lazor hair removal; much better! damnit wax lady bitches!!!

Ok, what's a skin tag?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    waxing torture
    All this irritation I'm feeling now is normal? I guess it's about 2 hours over. I have a fear that I'm going to wake up with every follicle bright red and angry in some choice spots.

Alice, bad experience? How did the lasering go? I was scared off by the potential marks left on the skin.

Skin Tags (Acrochordons) Causes, Treatment, Removal and Pictures on MedicineNet.com

Mine was caused by friction, and the first sign of it, I went to the doc and off it came through freezing.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    To avoid/cut down on further waxing torture, you may want to consider the Seiko Clean Cut (pubic hair) shaver which was designed for Brazilian wax upkeep.
    I shall Google. No more regular razor blades near the bits, I can tell ya.

Can I just say that this is the first time I ever got corrected for "puckering"?
    Last edited by ariesallover; March 24th, 2008 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Awwww, Aries is having "experiences."

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    All this irritation I'm feeling now is normal? I guess it's about 2 hours over.
    The more you do it, the less irritation you will get. It also gets less painful.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Ok, what's a skin tag?
    it's when the elasticity in your skin gets damaged, allowing a pocket of your skin to ooze out.

Kinda like a floppy, skin coloured mole (but it isn't a mole).

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

^ yuck! i've had those before on my crotch!!! and i bled them they were so ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    The more you do it, the less irritation you will get. It also gets less painful.

I sure hope so. Thanks.

Oh, they gave me a discount for being a first timer who did everything from belly button to knees. Woo!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information