Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your opinion of permanent makeup?

Default What's your opinion of permanent makeup?

If fans of permanent makeup are on to something, we might all sport tattooed-on eyeliner in the future. A story about permanent makeup sheds some light on the procedure. Like any other tattoo, permanent eyeliner and lipstick are applied with an ink gun; the process can take up to two hours, and it usually costs between $400 and $700.
    Personally, I fear commitment too much to settle on just one kind of makeup. But as cosmetic tattoos become more popular, is it something you'd consider?
    Source

What's Your Opinion of Permanent Makeup?
    I love the idea. It's such a time saver.

Cool idea in theory, but I can't imagine doing it myself.

In the immortal words of lolcats everywhere: Do not want.

bellasugar.com

Hit By Ban Bus!

No, the idea of having an ink gun that close to one's eye seems dangerous, and the tattooed lipstick looks fake and 1994ish-lipliner-three-shades-darker-than-the-lip-itself. My mom knows some ladies who've had the tattooed-on eyebrows and surpisingly it doesn't look too bad. From a distance.

Sounds tacky to me. I'd have to see results...what if you got sick of
    having the same makeup on all the time?

I think it is really foolish. It seems like most who do this get the entire eye rimmed in black, which looks very harsh. I like to change my style of makeup from time to time and can't imagine committing for life to one particular look. One also has to consider how it will look when one is elderly- most likely ridiculous.

The only thing I might consider is if they could find a way to cover up allergic shiners permanently, but then I'd still be afraid of an accident that would put out my eyes

I saw one case-the lady that owned a store that did it. No thanks!
    She had gotten it all done-nope. Not gonna happen. Looked like she might be OK if she would just wash her face & tone it down , but NOOOOO-she could't! The lips! noooooooooo.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    The lips! noooooooooo.
    As if applying lipstick is a whole lot of work!

It looks good when subtle. AKA Dannii Minogue's eyebrows.

i've never seen permanent make-up that i liked. the women i know that got it were pretty happy with the results and i pretended i thought it looked great even though on the inside i was thinking that they wasted their money... also, it fades and looks bluish and weird for a while before disappearing. and it's even tackier on lips. not a fan.
    i am a big fan of getting my eyelashes tinted. i have long lashes but they're light coloured so unless i put mascara on they're pretty much invisible. the tint looks better than mascara and saves me a lot of time in the morning.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Gold Member

not my thing

Absolutely not. I rarely wear the same color eyeshadows and eyeliners more than a few days in a row. I get too bored.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I am a fan of eyelash tinting but permanent makeup has never appealed to me. 1)It is apparently extremely painful. 2)I'd hate being 'done up' all the time. But there are days where I like my face bare, and days where I couldn't get to my makeup bag fast enough.

I like the eyebrow tattoo, might have to try that, my eyebrows are kinda odd.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Eh, the beauty spot thing is just dumb.

I'd do it if I knew it would turn out as nice as my mom's did. She had permanent eyeliner done on her lower lash line and it looks great. Neither of us have very many lashes and it filled in the lower line perfectly without looking like she has a ton of eyeliner on.
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

the tattooed eyebrow looks painted on. the lady that does my lash tint told me that tinted eyebrows look more natural than tattooed ones. they just dye your brows your own colour or at most a shade darker, and it catches all the little hairs that tend to be lighter and it makes the brow look less sparse. and doesn't have that tacky drawn on look.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information