Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eyeshadow color?

Default Eyeshadow color?

What are some good colors of eyeshadow for someone with fair/pinkish skin and light brown eyes?
    2 years...

Default Re: Eyeshadow color?

Depends on what you need for your face. Light shades of color draw more attention to your eyes. Darker colors make them look smaller.

From what I remember about my makeup retail days, brown eyes look great in soft colors like grey, plum and pink. Also gold, soft green and amber. If you're fair you don't want to go too intense on the shade (unless of course you want more a more dramatic or evening look).

Thanks, yeaaaaaah, I have smallish eyes, not afraid of any color (except bright yellows and oranges ), but I'm relatively clueless on what to get.
    2 years...

There are some makeup/beauty sites where you select your skin/eyes/hair colour and shape and they tell you what makeup colours and styles fit you better.
    I know a few but they are in Italian, I'm sorry

I can read Italian!
    2 years...

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I think pastel colours (pale pink, baby blue, cream yellow, lavender etc) look great on fair skinned gals. Shimmery soft colours are also cute.
    Vivid colours might look too harsh on light skin but you should go to a makeup store/department store and get a little makeover and see which colours suit you the best. It's fun to experiment.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by NawdleZouss View Post
    I can read Italian!
    Perfect! Take a look here then (you have to register first but it's safe, you won't get spam email or anything)

http://www.bellezza.it/php4/access.p...sez=mak&ser=11

As soon as other sites come to my mind I'll tell you!

(Do you have Italian origins? )

Well as someone with fair skin and light brown eyes, I will tell you what I use!

miss perfect is GOOD, because I look great with purples, greens, gold and greyish-brown.

this darker green (Bavarian Green) looks great on me.

If you go here and look at the shades: http://www.maccosmetics.com/template...CT_ID=PROD1503
    ... I would personally pick: trax, blackberry, greensmoke, fiction, bark, coquette, and maybe nylon.... I like sheer, warm gold shades that's aren't too yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryJane View Post
    (Do you have Italian origins? )
    Not that I know of, but I live in a Spanish-speaking country, and I study Latin on my own when I can, so I can understand written Portugese, Italian, (and to a certain degree) French, and spoken Portugese too. Thanks!
    2 years...

Quote Originally Posted by miss_perfect
    Depends on what you need for your face. Light shades of color draw more attention to your eyes. Darker colors make them look smaller.

From what I remember about my makeup retail days, brown eyes look great in soft colors like grey, plum and pink. Also gold, soft green and amber. If you're fair you don't want to go too intense on the shade (unless of course you want more a more dramatic or evening look).
    Thanks Miss Perfect! I have brown eyes and always wear brown to be safe, you've opened my eyes to new tones now!! Pardon the pun!! Hehe
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Not a problem! I have a variety of colored contacts, so I made it a point to learn what shadows go well with what eye color.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiara
    Thanks Miss Perfect! I have brown eyes and always wear brown to be safe, you've opened my eyes to new tones now!! Pardon the pun!! Hehe
    I have brown eyes too. I wear a lot of neutrals, but use colors like purple to highlight. I just bought a cool green/gold shimmer shadow that I'm going to experiment with. It's a cool color, but I don't know how it will look on me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for green/grey eyes? I know violet hues look good on me, and browns theoretically should, but my skintone is so cool that I don't deal with warm tones very well. What kind of colour can I use to get a dramatic, colourful look that won't look yucky? (Gold, for example, looks horrible on me.)

I've read that you shouldn't match the colour of your shadow to that of your eyes, but I remember seing Jewel once with an emerald green eyeliner, and it made her (green) eyes absolutely pop with colour. Any thoughts?
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

A*O

You can't go far wrong with a bronzy colour which come in all sorts of light to dark shades. Golden bronze makes grey/blue eyes look REALLY blue.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tati
    Does anyone have any suggestions for green/grey eyes? I know violet hues look good on me, and browns theoretically should, but my skintone is so cool that I don't deal with warm tones very well. What kind of colour can I use to get a dramatic, colourful look that won't look yucky? (Gold, for example, looks horrible on me.)

I've read that you shouldn't match the colour of your shadow to that of your eyes, but I remember seing Jewel once with an emerald green eyeliner, and it made her (green) eyes absolutely pop with colour. Any thoughts?
    Tati, violet/mauve is already a very good choice, try pink too, or light up the violet with a touch of fuchsia.

I've heard too that you shouldn't match the colour of your shadow to that of your eyes, and this is my experience: I have blue eyes, and I actually find that light-blue/turquoise shadows look stupid on me.
    When they are alone.
    But when I put a dark blue/black/dark grey shadow on my eyelids first and then I light it up with light-blue/turquoise, it looks beautiful.

Try do the same.
    Now, green looks bad on my blue eyes, so could blue (light-blue) look not good on your green eyes? I have no idea, but I suggest you first try with dark+green hues.

And never forget MASCARA!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information