Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sat out in the sun for an hour and a half, still I am Pop-n-Fresh

Eli

Default Sat out in the sun for an hour and a half, still I am Pop-n-Fresh

How is it possible for someone with white skin like mine, to sit outside in the sun of a 100+ day for an hour and a half without sunscreen, and have absolutely NO sunburn or tanning whatsoever? This has never happened before. Now, just in case you were about to say "the UV must not have been very much that day", let me just say that it was, because my friend was by my side the entire time, and she's super duper sunburnt (she fell asleep, I guess I should have woken her but that should be discussed in a "friends" thread somewhere else).
    Anyone know how this is possible, or rather, impossible? No clouds. And I'm not part albino.

Just count your blessings - do you want to be burnt right now? I have olive skin but i burn before I tan- or I tan but it still hurts. I had the worst sunburn a week ago; I had to have icepacks on me or I would be going crazy, it was that uncomfortable. Plus I had a fever and the chills - thats the worst kind of sunburn.

Eli

Yeah, I burn before I tan. Which is why I'm so mad, that I devoted all that time to just lying there boiling, expecting something, and then getting nothing!
    In a way it makes me invincible, lol.

Haha, i dont know how thats possible, that you got NO colour at all! Do you have sunstroke at least?

I'll just say I envy the hell out of you. No idea how you remained unburnt, but I wish I did!

Eli

Great, so it's freaky. Damn it!

i envy you for seeing the sun... i live on the Sunshine Coast and it has been pissing down with rain for weeks now and it is not expected to stop raining till next week.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

It's winter in the UK. atn least another 6 months before we see anything approaching tanning weather! *sigh*

Angry

It can always be worse.. how about 13 degrees and SNOW.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

0 degrees and snow/ice....

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

That has happened to me before--i have lily white skin and i have been outside in the sun and not gotten any color--no burn or nothing. That hasn't happened for a while though. That being said....

BE SUN SAFE! For you young-uns, you may not care now, but all that sun will make you look like a dried up raisin when you age, and there is no reversing the damage. Think age spots, wrinkles, melasma, moles and freckles. Old before your time. Think Pamela Anderson's face. Not to mention CANCER. Skin cancer is becoming epidemic and young people--like teenagers and early 20s are DYING--no joke. Please don't be stupid for the sake of vanity. Get a spray tan or whatever. You only get one body.

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    That has happened to me before--i have lily white skin and i have been outside in the sun and not gotten any color--no burn or nothing. That hasn't happened for a while though. That being said....

BE SUN SAFE! For you young-uns, you may not care now, but all that sun will make you look like a dried up raisin when you age, and there is no reversing the damage. Think age spots, wrinkles, melasma, moles and freckles. Old before your time. Think Pamela Anderson's face. Not to mention CANCER. Skin cancer is becoming epidemic and young people--like teenagers and early 20s are DYING--no joke. Please don't be stupid for the sake of vanity. Get a spray tan or whatever. You only get one body.
    Yes.. just had a mole removed from my cheek, that was.. basel cell carcenoma..
    They tell me they got it all. Let's hope. And if it wasn't for this mole just appearing.. I would not have thought a thing about it and done nothing about it.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

^^I have moles on my skull, no way to check them without shaving my head...sucks arse, stay lily white grrl, you can always use self-tanner!
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    i envy you for seeing the sun... i live on the Sunshine Coast and it has been pissing down with rain for weeks now and it is not expected to stop raining till next week.
    Its pouring rain for me right now, did you cop the storm? The winds here are crazy. And the sea is huge.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    Exactly. I'm 18 and I always use sunscreen on exposed parts. Everyone else in my neck of the woods are very much into tanning, and my sister who loves the tanning bed says she is trying to go very brown for her upcoming wedding while i'm in it as well, while i'm staying with being fair.

But naturally, I don't get much of anything out in the sun except redness that peels and goes back to pale.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information