Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need some fooking volume in my hair!!

Default I need some fooking volume in my hair!!

How can I get BIG hair.

You know how Jessice Simpson's hair is generally quite big and curly, well wavy.. I really like that look and would apprecaite it if anyone could give me any product names etc that I could get in the UK.

I feel like I've tried everything -mousses, roller, dryng my hair upside down and nothing has worked!!!!

Any suggestions!?

Default Re: I need some fooking volume in my hair!!

Do you have layers in your hair? My hair is long and it's thick and without layers it's just too heavy to poof out. If I spray hairspray at the roots and then tease my hair it poofs out. I have natural wave so that helps. I wish I could be of more help than just suggesting layers, teasing and hairspray at the roots but I've been waging this same battle for a long time. I feel your pain.

Umm.... get a professional to do your hair for you every day! That is the only way to get salon beautiful hair all the time. Don't forget.. these bitches have someone styling/coloring their hair every other day. to the detriment of their hair!

from another board

1. CJ's secrets to big Texas hair:

NOTE: You must have fairly long hair to pull this off. Bra strap length is good, but bra strap length plus 2 inches is better. Layers make the hair--gotta have several long layers, plus a face/long bang layer. That said, here goes:

Step 1: Wash hair with volumizing shampoo (Matrix green bottle is great).

Step 2: Wrap hair in super absorbent hair shamee (available at Bed Bath & Beyond).

Step 3: Take hair out of shamee and comb through, turn head upside down and comb upside down. Twist hair back up into shamee.

Step 4. The Root Boost step. I like "Root Boost" by TIGI and have found few that are as effective. If anyone knows of a really good one, PM me.
    Anyway, seperate top of head/crown into different sections and spray at the roots of each section. The bigger you want your hair, the more root boost you use.

Step 5: The blow dry step: Turn head upside down and get after it. Dry from the roots out. Just keep it moving and keep those roots upside down. When you tip yoru head back upright, dry opposite of hair growth on each side. Then flip and do more roots. If you want, you can repeat step 4 and continue.

Step 6: The round brush stage. Use a nice round brush to ensure that the middle strands of hair/ends of hair are dry. THis wont take too long.

Step 7: The hairspray step. I really like Pantene Maximum hold. Its cheap and it really works. Spray the shit out of your hair. Seperate it in different sections and run a light mist of spray over it. Repeat a few times.

Step 8: Pin your hair up with a claw clip to where your hair is really big on top. Think Huge bufante (sp). Leave it like that while you go do something else, like your make up. This will set the hair up for super volume.

Step 9: The Big Rollers stage: I like the Revlon travel set. They're big rollers that get really fucking hot fast. You wont need many, so they're fine.

Step 10. Roll your hair in 5/6 different chunks. You want to get most lift on the top, so use one roller at the crown of yoru head, then another at the front if you have layered bangs. Do the rest accordingly.

Step 11: Spray the fuck out of your hair, once you get the rollers set up. Walk around and just spray your hair for about a minute. Wait for it to dry, then repeat. IT shouldnt be sticky or anything...just keep moving and spraying and it'll work out.

Step 12: Wait about 5 minutes before you take the rollers out.

Step 13. Take Rollers out.

Step 14: Turn hair upside down and fluff

Step 15: Spray again.

Step 16: (optional) The teasing stage. If you have a small comb, start teasing your hair from the root up, crown of the head forward. It wont take much, but you must do it well. The teased portion shouldnt be more than an inch or two tall. However, it must all look smooth on top. You'll get the hang of it eventually.

NOW, this whole process doesnt take more than 15 minutes after you get out of the shower. Once you get in the swing of it, then you'll really be in good shape. If you decide this isnt big enough for you, you can go for the gold and buy one of those "gold waving irons" by vidal sasoon. I call it, "the black lady," since it's marketed to ethnic hair. Anyway, if you hit that thing before you start teasing, just a little bit, it will give you all night big hair and extra umph for the teasing stage.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Here's what I do to get big, voluminous Valley of the Dolls hair.

1). Blow my hair dry upside down

2). Set with steam rollers

3). Blow dry for 30 seconds

4). Unravel steam rollers and pull hair into highest ponytail possible

5). Wait about 10-20 minutes and take ponytail out

6). Brush it out

7). Spray with physique volumizing hairspray

OOOh thanks guys - they are excellent tips. I always thought tying th hair into a big pony tail would give it a big kink, but I'll give it a go.

Many thanks xxxxxxx

Daphne, what does the ponytail do? Does it take out all the creases from the rollers? Steam rollers make me practically have an afro. My hair curls really fast.

Aussie makes a pretty good root volumizer.

I think having layers razored in goes a long way in giving volume.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

SVZ

funny.....i do everything in my power to get RID of volume

The ponytail elimates some of the curls so I'm left with big, bouncy hair. I've never had a problem with steam rollers because my hair is fine and blonde. I could see where people with thicker hair might have a problem.

Velcro rollers are also great if you have the patience to roll your hair when damp and then blow it dry completely. (The problem is that it's hard to tell when your hair is really dry).

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Daphne, what does the ponytail do? Does it take out all the creases from the rollers? Steam rollers make me practically have an afro. My hair curls really fast.

Aussie makes a pretty good root volumizer.

I think having layers razored in goes a long way in giving volume.

Elite Member

Try Curls Rock! I have wavy hair that can be blown out straight or scrunched up curly and it makes my hair very curly.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Try Curls Rock! I have wavy hair that can be blown out straight or scrunched up curly and it makes my hair very curly.
    Ah, my hair product soulmate! I have very curly, thick hair, and it really defines well, I use the conditioner and a leave-in moisturizer. <33333
    2 years...

Silver Member

I do hair and really like Small Talk by Bedhead. It's like a creamy gel and helps to give tons of volume. Layers will take some weight off so you have more styling options.

For those of you with steam curlers, what brand do you use. I've been thinking of buying a set, but I don't want to waste my cash on a crappy set.

^^ What brand is this dye? I wouldn't colour it because I have highlights, plus my hairdresser shouts at me when I do it at home. The clear dye sounds good, anything to make my hair look thicker would be great.

Thanks! I've never seen it here so I'll try and order some off the internet, the price is good too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information