Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shedding hair

Default Shedding hair

I have lots of hair, and seems to lose lots throughout the day. I never used to look at the brush when I brushed my hair, but lately I have been, and the other day there was 20 strands in the brush (yes, i counted because it looked like a crazy amount of hair when it was all clumped together- so i had to count each strand to have some peace of mind ). I put the hair in a plastic bag and went to the doctor, he said that 20 strands in the brush for someone with alot of hair wasn't excessive and because I present with a full head of hair he says I'm being crazy. And throughout the day I'm not losing handfuls of hair but strands fall out here and there, it annoys me so much. Theres hair all over my floors. Does anyone else experience this? I also have a habit of touching my hair alot, and this is how a strand or two will end up in my hand. I tie it up all the time now to stop myself from touching it, and when i take my hair out, i pull out more strands with the elastic. I sleep with my hair loose and theres not a hair on the pillow in the morning because i dont play with my hair in my sleep; so the doctor was like 'if your hair was coming out super easily on its own, you'd wake up with strands all over your pillow.

The doctors like 'shedding is a way of life, if you are getting anxious about it, shave it all off'. I'm like 'thanks doc. I suppose he's got a point though. So far I haven't exceeded the so called normal hair loss of 100 strands per day, but does anyone lose a lot of hair during the day?

smf

i think your being a bit pariond ,my hair fell out alot cas i always wore it back in tight ponytail but now i just wear lose one and not near as much hair falls out

Everybody loses about 100 hairs a day. If you are concerned,start taking Vit B-50 time released & Omega 3 caps. And stop touching it! You'll dull the shine.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I've always shed a lot, but I'm glad about it. My hair is thick and if it didn't my head couldn't breathe. Unless your hair seems to be getting really thin, I woudn't concern myself with it.

Edited to fix really bad late-night typos.
    Last edited by greysfang; December 21st, 2007 at 01:00 PM.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

My hair sheds more when it's long...prolly because it has more length to get tangled, pulled, etc.

Now that it's shorter, I barely lose any
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

I have noticed this a lot lately too.. when I get out of the shower and clean the drain lately I'm and also when I'm wiping the tile floor in the bathroom.. another But after hearing 100 strands a day.. that makes me feel better. I also have long very thick hair..so not like I'm going to be bald..for awhile.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

I lose a lot of hair every day. But, it's also pretty long and extremely thick and heavy, so I kind of expect some of it to fall out. Unless I start seeing bald spots, I'm not going to worry about anything.

i have baby fine hair and i have always lost a lot of hair. but, i had very thick hair years ago. they never found out a reason for my hair loss. probably crappy diet.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

It's perfectly normal to shed a little more during certain times of the year. Mine is always worse in the fall.

Unless you're seeing bald patches I wouldn't worry about it too much.

OCD

I'm a big shedder. I have silky fine hair, lots of strands, just very fine.

I lose probably a brushwad a day. The drains don't clog, but I do find hairballs on occasion.

If I run my hands through my hair *not very long* several pieces of hair are always in my hands.

I heard that occassionally your head will go through like a molt where tons more than usual will come out and then regrow. I do believe this is true because I now have 2-3 inch wispies all over my head.

I would prefer to have thick naturally curly black hair instead of this thin, fine, oily, dirty blonde stick straight mess.

^Your hair sounds GORGEOUS. Wish I had hair like that.

You sound pretty normal. You have it good let me tell you!

Sorry to tell you this, but if you're freaking out about shedding hair now then wait until you have a kid. At about 3-4 months post partum you start losing all the hair you didn't shed while pregnant.

And it's HELL! I'm losing so much hair and it is most noticeable after I shower. I can just grab my hair and gently tug on it and the hair just comes out (tons of strands at once like someone cut my hair). It freaked me out at first (even though I was expecting it), but now it's a daily thing. I kid you not when I say I have a HUGE fur ball of hair everyday from my shower drain hair trap thingy. Prenatal vitamins are helping and I am trying to brush it once a day only and not put it in tight pony tails. Ugh, and my hair has always been so thin already, I am screwed. But I feel better when I think about a few of my friends who had bald patches after having babies.

Oh! You should try that- prenatal vitamins, they help with hair. Or get biotin.... both you can get cheap at walmart, target, drugstores.

Anyway, I feel your pain girl.

Well the doctor told me to gather up the hair i lose and put in a bag, to show him. And guess what? I'm losing 10 strands a day which is noit significant. So i dont have a case.

My mum will get bald spots from hair loss when shes stressed, i'm worried that i'll go down that path because stress is a constant in my life, i wish i knew how to reduce it.

I know about the pregnancy shed DeadDwarf; I dont intend to have kids so i'm not going to worry about that, but my 16 year old cousin is on birth control pills and has lost alot of her hair and the doctor said it was the hormones mucking about; like in pregnancy.

^ I'm sorry, that was really rude of me. I wasn't assuming you were going to have children, I was just kind of relating to your situation by talking about my current situation. Sorry, I didn't choose my words like I should have. Blame it on it insomnia at 2am. No offense.

But back on topic. Sounds like you are having normal hair loss. Good news! And as far as the bald patches, try not to worry about it. If you do get bald patches THEN worry about it, but don't freak out about it now. (Plus aren't you causing more stress on yourself by worrying about bald patches? Stress = bald patches, so stop! )

No worries at all hun, i didn't even take it that way; I actually feel more rude when i tell people 'I'm not having kids'. I always worry that it comes across as 'i hate kids, why would anyone have them' but thats not how it is at all; i just look at the world and i wouldn't like to bring anyone into it, and I know that kids just aren't for me.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information