Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mole removal

Default Mole removal

my dermatologist said he doesn't recommend mole removal (cosmetic) because they could grow back and look even worse or have a higher cancer risk. Has this ever happened to anyone? I really wanted to remove some moles

Default Re: mole removal

Not that I'm aware of. My dad had a mole removed about 25 years ago and has had no problems since. He used to have the "Cindy Crawford" mole before she made it sexy and he considered it very feminine and wanted it GONE.

Luckily, I inherited it from him.

I had a mole on my arm removed because it was pre-cancerous and I've never had any problems with it since.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

My mom had a mole removed from her foot because the doc said it could grow cancerous.
    My SIL had a mole removed from her face. It was umm sort of large protruding one that sat on her nose, this was purely cosmetic but she faked that it was hurting to convince her doc to remove it.
    Neither of them had any problems since the removal.

I think Enrique Eglesias had his mole removed, too...

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Had loads removed, as has entire family. Have NEVER heard such rubbish your doc has spoken of. Remove all ya want!!
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

I just had two little moles removed last week and I'm going to have one more (last and largest one) removed in a few days. They are on my torso but I decided to have them removed because clothing would irritate them. The dermatologist numbed the area and then sliced them off. Totally painless. She took enough of the surrounding skin and went deep enough to prevent them from growing back. She sent them out to be biopsied but that's mainly for insurance purposes since it's most likely mine aren't cancerous.

It sounds like maybe the doctor you saw can tell the moles you want removed aren't cancerous and just doesn't want you to end up with unnecessary scars or he's just a lazy bum! But screw him! He;s not the one living with them. If you want them removed get them removed!

I'd go get another medical opinion. Find a doctor you are comfortable with, who really explains what moles are and have them biopsy the moles, that way insurance covers the procedure.
    Last edited by provence; December 4th, 2005 at 02:41 PM.

Elite Member

A few people I know have had teeny-weeny moles removed and the scars were ridiculously obvious and big, so be careful if it's for cosmetic reasons, you may end up worse off. Maybe you should ask another professional's opinion and see what they say? If they give you the go-ahead, you can just request your derm to do them anyway. It's not his decision; he's working for you.

PS Noday: I've got the same 'Cindy-type' mole and change my opinion of it constantly depending on whether someone notices it and remarks on my "beauty mark" or my "mole" .

I had a mole on my upper back removed and it did leave a scar. Now instead of that ugly ass mole that looked gross and was irritated by my clothes, I just have a round white spot. That was 5 years ago, no probs.

I wanna get one taken from my face and some little ones off my neck, but my husband says they give me character. I hate them but I would hate to have scars in those places, where everyone could see.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

The places that move a lot get big scars - calf muscle area, knees - u know - areas that will stretch the healing wound. Faces not at all, my stomach has one on it and the cut remained the same size as when the doc cut it out. My calf on the other hand!! The mole was like 0.3cm, now the cut stretched to 1cm!! U do get those plasters that hold the two sides of the wound together to prevent stretching. I recommend a plastic surgeon for face moles - better stitch work

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

cool I"m gonna do it! I have like 10 all over that need to GO!

I had a mole removed like 5 yrs ago that was on my neck, it was a good size. The doc removed it and I had three sutures and I just looked in the mirror and I have a faint scar that you cant even see unless you are looking for it. My husband didnt even know about it for the first year we were together, it was something that didnt come up until he saw pictures of me when I was younger and you could really see it.

does a mole have to be raised to be called a mole? or if it is flush with the skin is it still a mole? or is it called a freckle? just wondering.

Freckle is flush with skin, no raised area. Freckles can be removed with a Photofacial.

My 15 year old daughter had one removed from her left breast. They cut it off first, and it came back. They used the laser last time, and it is healing fairly well. She will have some scar but they were worried about the mole...so...they told her not to use that mederma or whatever that stuff is to help scars diminish...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Bronze Member

Unhappy Help for mole removal on face

Hi all, I have a large mole on my cheeck and the borders are starting to look a little bad. I know I should get it removed but I am TERRIFIED because I heard that the scar can be bigger/worse than what was there before. Anybody here ever had to do this and what would you recommend?
    Thanks for the advice!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information