Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plastic surgery in your family

Default Plastic surgery in your family

So? Which family member and what did they do?

Okay, my father's girlfriend (75) HAS to stop with the botox and collagen. She has exercised and ate right her entire life and she has a great figure. She went from brunette to blonde and it looks like fried Christina Aguillera hair.

Her brows are drawn on like a drag queen. That's it! She officially looks like a drag queen. Her eyes are so slanted and small that I think she had some work done in the last few years but I don't know when. The only face lift I knew about was over 10 years ago.

Her lips are very plump on top and bottom. NOT ONE SINGLE WRINKLE. Her hands are decent so they don't give her age away too much. She looks like this drag queen and I am not exaggerating. Dad compliments her when they are going out which is always sweet. It's good that love is blind.

Mine goes au natural for the most part. One Aunt had a breast reduction and is thrilled with the result. I suspect, but cannot prove, 2 cousins of botox-both have sons that are doctors. We have good genes, so it is hard to be sure.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

As far as I know, only my mom. She had a tummy tuck last year. 2 large babies left her stomach muscles completely ripped apart and skin all stretched out. They removed almost 11 pounds of skin and were able to reconstruct some of the muscle strength.

My mother, 68, has had 4 nose jobs, face lift, eye lift, lipo under her chin/neck, fatty spots under her eyes taken out, and veneers. She plans on having another face lift by springtime. She's built very nice, exercises, eats well, and does look pretty good. Her husband is 6 years younger.

My half sister has about the same level of self esteem, and will probably follow that same route. She has veneers now, and spends hours on her face, makeup, plucking eyebrows to a thin line, etc.

I won't have work done, unless I hit the lottery and have money to throw around, then I'd have a breast reduction (they're ginormous!) and a tummy-tuck. No face work though, I want to show what I've earned.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have other relatives who have gone under the knife for cosmetic reason, but the only one in the more immeadiate family is cousin who got her ears pinned back and a nose job.

4 cousins had nose jobs, one had a car accident and had to fix it so he could breathe properly and they didn't change the shape of his nose. 3 were cosmetic, 2 of which were totally unnecessary (one shaved off a tiny bump no one but her really noticed, the other got the tip lifted but it looks almost exactly the same). luckily they all went to the same surgeon and he's great so at least none of them look fake. and the one that was kind of necessary has pretty much the best nose job i've ever seen because it looks exactly like her old nose - which was actually a really nice aquiline nose, just too big for her face - but better because now it's proportionate. not a small button nose at all.

one cousin had a tummy tuck (she also has 4 kids so it's understandable).

one cousin that had her ears pinned back.

another cousin's wife (so she's not technically a relative but i'll include her anyway) has had so much work done she looks like a blonde michael jackson. horrible 80's nose job that's all pinched and way too small, facelift, boob implants (that look awful on her rail-thin semi-anorexic frame), botox, collagen trout pout, and probably lipo too.

i had a breast reduction and so did a great-aunt of mine.

that same great aunt also had a face lift, tummy tuck. one of her daughters is really into botox and i suspect has a few other things injected. the other has had lipo in her ass, back and stomach and had her under-eye bags removed.

it sounds like a lot but i also have a huge extended family.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I don't think any of my family have had cosmetic surgery, only because none of us have enough money for it! I think if we did, more of us would have gone under the knife, but none of us are well-off. I have a friend who had a nose-job though and it was excellent, she used to have a really big gonzo nose and now she's got a more proportionate aquiline nose, it was a great job on the NHS as well.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I have one SIL (early 50's) who had a face lift/neck lift last year. The first time I saw her, a few weeks after her surgery, her face looked like a skull, I didn't like it at all, though it has since settled and looks much better. My other SIL, who just turned 50 last month, has had lipo, breast augmentation, and ears pinned back over the past few years. Most recently, she had a face lift and nose job close to 2 years ago. I personally think her boobs are way too big for her frame (she also recently lost a lot of weight after the death of her dad), and she ruined her nose (again, IMO) with the nose job; it's now one of those tiny, upturned noses. She has also dyed her hair platinum blonde for as long as I can remember. I love her, but think she would look much better if she had left her nose alone!

My cousin had breast augmentation and she said she loves it (them). No one else that I can think of has had anything.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

No one in my family has had any work done. This is going to sound wrong, but they are all just regular people in a small town. PS would never occur to any of them. That's what fancy people do! LOL.

Me--I'll be the first one to have work done someday. I'm already eyeballing Botox for my forehead at 33....

Nobody in my family that I know of has had work done. I may be the first!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

is this a pic of her or a drag queen? LOL
    'cause she doesn't look 75!

but anyway, my mom is pretty much all I can thing of. She'll be 51 in
    December and she's had minor work done: eyelid lift, forehead lift, restilyne
    and jeuvaderm (sp) injections in lips, chin and smile lines. These were all
    done in the past few years. She's thinking about getting the fat taken out
    of her 'drooping' chin...honestly it's all been so minor it's not really
    noticeable or necessary. We have to keep telling her she doesn't need to
    do her chin. She looks pretty good for her age and has kept her bod in
    shape.

Surgery is pretty scary to me, and you're putting your faith in someone to
    tweak how you look. I'm insanely vain but I'm not sure I'd ever be able to
    do that personally. On the other hand injectables like botox and the like are
    pretty minor and if you go to an experienced doctor I would not be too
    worried about that. Edit to add: as long as it's not TOO MUCH-that is a
    common problem I see with people addicted to PS. I do get amazed by
    natural looking results.

There are more and more non-invasive techniques and that's probably what I will go for. I have a horror of hospitals tho so it may never happen.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I thought most procedures were done on an outpatient basis. That's how mine was done, in a doctor's office in the surgical wing.

^^True, but it still scares the hell out of me. Anything for beauty, tho. hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information