Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take your hair to dry?

Default How long does it take your hair to dry?

And do you air-dry or use a blow dryer? Its so weird; I have thick hair and it stays damp for hours but dries pretty quickly- it has a damp, but dry, feel. I don't mind wet hair especially in summer because it feels cool but I HATE damp hair. Damp is a yucky, uncomfortable feeling! Anyone have hair like this? Doesn't stay wet for long but stays damp for hours?

Hit By Ban Bus!

I like to air dry my hair when I can, it looks and feels healthier. However, I usually have to blow dry it. It takes forever to dry in this area. When I lived in SoCal (San Diego and L.A.) it dried amazingly fast, especially in the summer months.

That might explain it then; its boiling hot here and I swear to God, i can get out of the shower and 10 seconds later, the wet is gone and its just damp and heavy.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yes, I find that in humid areas my hair takes forever to dry. A few years ago I moved to San Diego for about a year, and the week I landed there it was 17% humidity. My hair DRIED in like 10 mins.

My hair is exactly the same way. I air dry only and it usually takes several hours. If it's really humid out it takes much longer, but if I put it in a braid or bun while it's still damp it takes pretty much forever!

I air dry my hair, mostly because I'm too lazy to blow dry and I can't stand the sound of the dryer! My hair is fine and thin but I have a lot of it and it takes quite a while to dry.

^I hate the sound of the hair dryer too. Its so noisy, and because I don't live alone, I feel like when I using it I'm disturbing everyone.

I know, even the new ones are noisy.

Someone needs to invent a silent hair dryer. It'd make a fortune.

I do 5-10 mins with my dryer. I don't dry it completely, more out of laziness than concern for my hair's health. It stops it dripping - I can't bear that. And it's getting so cold here, I'd fffffffreeeze if it stayed wet.
    Fame is like a river, that beareth up things light and swollen, and drowns things weighty and solid - Francis Bacon

^I'm with you on dripping hair- i hate it!

I blow dry all around the crown area ,tossing hair around with my fingers. I have to-my hair is very thick. That way it is more workable-then I brush & airdry the rest. Blow drying does not have to be that long and prevents "flat to the head " scalped look. Worth the effort.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

^Yeah that's pretty much what I do. Bruch dry it and then curling iron it. Using leave-in spray first. I also use gel in the crown, bangs/fringe area. My hair is 2 inches below my collarbone.

Elite Member

I wish I could let my hair air dry. I'm out here in the desert so it actually shouldnt take veeeery long but I cant stand the random bumps and waves from it drying on my shoulders and it also looks a darker, dirtier blonde if I dont blowdry.

My hair takes around 15 minutes to blowdry. Its not thick just very long.

One thing you may try if you dont want to damage your hair with the heat from a blow dryer but still want it to have the polished look is a free-standing fan. I used it when I was in a studio apartment with paper-thin walls in Chicago and no air conditioning...no way I was using a blow dryer, waking up all my neighbors and getting all sweaty in the process of getting ready The humidity by the lake was f-ing killer that summer...
    "Give me your love and I'll give you--the Perfect Love Song!"

It usually only takes about 5 minutes when I blow dry it. I have very fine hair, but a lot of it, so it dries pretty quickly. But when I put it up in a twist and clip it, I can take it out 20 hours later and it's still damp.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information