Thread: NEVER buy from Anna Bellina skincare!

SVZ

Default NEVER buy from Anna Bellina skincare!

Annabellina skincare is an all natural, organic skincare line, while some of the products might be decent, don't shop from there!

The owner is a rude nasty bitch!

Just look at one of her customer "service" replies

My daughter is really into healthy skin care and she found anna bellina's organic products. She ordered several sample items but when she recieved the product she did not see the items she ordered.

When she called the number to inquire she did not know that there was time difference not knowing where the number originated.

My daughter called from Alaska and was informed by a very angry woman that it was rude of her to call that late.

My daughter was sorry and did as the woman asked and sent an email with the questions she had. Patricia's comments back to her were as follows:

"You call me at nearly MIDNIGHT and wake me up you INCONDERATE redneck
    with a SCREAMING BRAT in the background
    your lack of skills in online ordering are obvious you dummy you were supposed to select TONER from the drop down menu and you did not
    Sample Cleanser/Toner s-cleansertoner 1 5.00 Select = O Cleanser

Select = O Cleanser should have been O Toner
    You were already marked a PPC, potential problem customer, and your email SPAMMED, you will never be able to buy my products again, I want educated consumers only
    Have a nice day!"

This woman must have emotional problems which leaves me to believe that her products may be questionable as her business practices. How dare her insult and call names to someone who may have purchased a lot of products from her in different conditions.

I hope she's in therapy. Nutwoman

A*O

The organic TONER is probably racoon piss. And why give your personal phone number on a website? Idiot.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Wow, what a nut-job!!! Spread the word... this woman doesn't deserve any business. And yeah, she sounds so psycho I'd really be worried about her other business practices too........

Better still, give us the tel no and we can ring her repeatedly from different timezones. If we put the phone down just on answer, it won't cost us much either

OK, I am running over to her site to look for the # so I can call her late at night.
    What a bitch!

Just want to check I have the corect Anna Bellina?

Policies, ordering, shipping rates, no returns for Anna Bellina All Natural Skin Care

^^^ Is this the one?

Interesting what the link below has to say about this company:-

Anna Bellina Skin Care Products

I did check out Anna Bellina. I skipped past the marketing hype and went looking for ingredient lists.

While there is a lot of ad copy describing the ingredients used as well as those not used (like parabens and mineral oil), I couldn’t find any actual ingredient lists. That made me a little suspicious. [Plus, you’ll find my opinion on the use of parabens in skin care products here.]

Then I checked out the website’s Policies section and just went, “Whoa!” The red flags shot up and alarms bells went off.

Anna Bellina encourages customers to order samples the first time to make sure they like the product and are not allergic to it. That sounds like a nice idea until you read that most of the samples cost $6 to $7 plus taxes, shipping and handling.

The sample size is supposed to be enough for 3 applications, but some customers dispute that.

Even more questionable, in my opinion, is the statement, “Samples are made available so that all skins can try our products before investing in retail sizes. Our formulas also change seasonally so may vary from order to order. [Samples are] Highly recommended as we do not accept returned product.”

How helpful is a sample if it is: a. so small it hardly represents a fair trial of the product; and b. may not even be the same as the product I get when I order the full size?!

If I don’t live in the same climate zone as Anna Bellina, will these seasonal changes suit my skin?

Elsewhere on the site I found a more complete explanation of the “seasonal variations”:

“The body becomes acclimated to regularly used ingredients so we change to assist your skin for optimum results. Products are adjusted seasonally to keep them effective. While the base ingredients remain pretty much the same, the amounts of certain botanical extracts, oils, etc. are adjusted slightly (for example, more oils in the winter to combat dryer colder conditions or more natural acids to combat sun-exposed summer skin or more anti-oxidants to protect winter skin). This not only makes them better-suited for use, but ensures your skin continues to respond because of the slightly changed formulations. Thus, if you notice slight changes when you re-order, don't be alarmed, it's our products working in new ways for you”

“Each batch will differ in color, texture, thickness, aroma, feel, separation, specks, grains due to: seasonal formula changes, availability of ingredients, no artificial fillers or binders or emulsifiers, tinctures contain bits of botanicals, hand blending verses large machines, no heating to melt ingredients ... all of which are normal. Aromas, appearance, cloudiness, granules, textures may change as product ‘ages’. Shake before each use. I also intuitively blend formulas so this is the main reason for variations.”

Maybe it’s just me, but I would never buy a skin care product from a company that readily admits they have zero quality control and that they sort of make it up as they go along!

And by the way, the statement that Anna Bellina uses “more natural acids to combat sun-exposed summer skin or more anti-oxidants to protect winter skin” seems quite odd to me.

If I bought into the “seasonal variation” theory, I would think you’d want more exfoliating fruit acids for winter-dry skin and more antioxidants to protect against the summer sun. Just the reverse of what Anna Bellina uses.

Back to the Policies page … I was also quite offended by the strident tone and content of several other Anna Bellina policies. Just a few examples follow.

"ALL SALES ARE FINAL ~ NO RETURNS"
    "NO Returns-Exchanges-Refunds-Credits-Unclaimed Packages-Refused Packages-Chargebacks Policy', strictly enforced, no exceptions. This assures my customers totally fresh and safe product and protects us against unethical customers. Remember, you initialed your order that you have entered into a legally binding agreement and have read, understand, and agree to abide by all Anna Bellina Policies. All charge backs are turned over to our corporate attorneys and collection agencies. Packages returned to us are refused. Do not store items in shopping cart."
    "Orders are processed immediately, therefore cannot be changed, added to, or canceled."
    "Customer pays all shipping charges therefore we reserve the right to add additional postage, insurance, or signature receipt. Once your package is picked up by the mail carrier, it is no longer our possession."
    "Anna Bellina is not responsible for product that has been used, used incorrectly, or in the customer's possession for more than a couple of hours. This is plenty of time to notice any problem with a container/package or any allergic reaction that you may experience. Notification of any discrepancies or problems longer than a couple of hours after receiving/opening your order relieves Anna Bellina of any responsibility as we then consider the product ‘used’."
    It appears that Anna Bellina is a small concern that cannot afford to stand behind its product. In my opinion, this is not the type of skin care company I would care to do business with.
    I order online all the time myself, but I do use caution. I am very comfortable ordering known brand names from big online merchants like Cosmetic Mall or Skin Store. No reputable merchant that I know of has such terms and conditions attached to the products they sell. As a matter of fact, the opposite is true.

All others require scrutiny. I’ll take a pass on Anna Bellina.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    Annabellina skincare is an all natural, organic skincare line, while some of the products might be decent, don't shop from there!

The owner is a rude nasty bitch!

Just look at one of her customer "service" replies
    Source?

I think I'd need to see more than just one review like this to be convinced that there is anything to this. I've seen too many instances of competitors placing false negative reviews of products or services to take any of this at face value. It could be that the person who wrote that is the nutjob.

I'd be far more inclined to raise an eyebrow at this: "bio energized and vibration enhanced through charging and fermentation!" All natural face skin care ingredients, Cruelty FREE, water free chemical free paraben free by Anna Bellina All Natural Skin Care

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I hope it's a fake email reply.
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:26 pm Quote
    I was interested in trying this line at one point as well, but now I'm a little hesitant after reading the section, called "a little thief" under Rosa y Fruta Fine Organic Skin Care skincare line's website. The creator Elizabeth O'Rourke of Rosayfruta claims that the creator of Anna Bellina skincare stole her skincare formulations. Now I don't know if there is any validity to her allegation, nor have I tried either line, but it's an interesting read.
    RuthMarion

Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:12 am Quote
    Actually, as we speak, I am awaiting a parcel from Rosa y Fruta. A few weeks ago I attempted to order from Anna Bellina & was refused firstly because she doesn't send to Canada (what else is new ) & also because she was too busy to take on new customers anyway! When I spoke with her about both issues she was very nice but I was totally unimpressed with the way she was conducting her business. I looked on the MUA boards & low & behold there was a discussion going on about poor customer service & her ongoing "feud" with Rosa y Fruta, but also what a wonderful product the latter was.
    I went to the Rosa y Fruta website, liked what I saw & e-mailed some ??? to them. The owner mailed me back with a phone number that she could be reached at; I talked a long while to her & the result is the order that I am now awaiting. I'll let everyone know the qaulity, etc. when I try it!
    loopylori
    VIP Member
    enjoys 20% discount
    enjoys freebies

Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:51 am Quote
    ... this is why I love this forum so much. I get such great intel.

Actually your postings kinda clarified what was in my mind... when I read through all the site I loved what the products looked like, but found the "site info" quite scarey. It was just missing that "warm and fuzzy" feel to it and was really quite harsh in tone. It was like "this is what I do and you fit in with me". I was wondering if the owner was a former marine. (actually I just thought I was over sensitive)

I was going to haev my friends in the US order for me, but I think I will try the other site.

<sigh> I have no interest in buying something if I am going to be treated bad, no matter how good the stuff looks.
    Thanks girls!
    RuthMarion

Does anyone know (or has anyone tried) *Anna Bellina*

__________________________________________________ __________

Hmmm! The plot thickens regarding this company......

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    The organic toner is probably racoon piss.

I don't care to do business with her, she sounds unprofessional and possibly insane, but a lot of companies/sellers on e-bay and elsewhere don't accept returns either. It's not that uncommon, especially as they don't know what the products could have been exposed to.

I'll stick to Proctor & Gamble products. I read the website & her formulations are all "aromatherapy based", this is not my cup of tea. I would rather not smell like a plant/fruit etc.Her items are too expensive & like someone mentioned there is very little quality control.IMHO, "organic" is an excuse for many companies to put whatever they want to into their products.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

A*O

I would never buy potentially harmful products like home-made cosmetics on eBay which is full of nutters and scammers anyway. I prefer to go to a real store and although it may be more expensive at least I know what I'm getting.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^^Agreed. I have bought ONE thing on e-bay so far and it was a vintage LV bag from a reliable store/vendor.

Thread Information