Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red is the colour this season!!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Red is the colour this season!!

TREND: RED LIPS

DO: Get the holiday staple (as seen on Angelina Jolie, Beyonce and Charlize Theron) right by "using a lip liner that matches your lip color to make sure the shape is perfect, and then fill it in with red lipstick," says PEOPLE beauty editor Eleni Gage. Another approach: Wear a sheer red gloss.

DON'T: Make the rest of your makeup heavy. "It'll look very costume-y," says Gage.

Kiss 'n' Tell
    Instant Makeover: While celebs are the first to jump on notice-me hues, like ruby lips, you too should take advantage of red lipstick's glamour. "It's classic, it's romantic, it's the easiest way to change your look," says Lorac creator Carol Shaw.

Slippery When Wet: Don't even think of digging out your old '80s-style crimson lipstick--lips should still have a nice sheen. "I don't think the dry matte thing will come back," says Shaw. "Women love gloss." Look for a satiny berry or burgundy lipstick or one of the new hybrid glosses that go on like a lipstick but still have lots of shine.

Lip Lines: Shaw's rules for the perfect pair of scarlet lips start with a neutral lip liner, like taupe, "It's a great way to get a shape that you can follow without being a dark harsh lip line." Next, apply lipstick directly from the tube or with a brush for more precision. For more shine, finish with a touch of gloss

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Default Re: Red is the colour this season!!

I look like cruella deville with red lips, HATE that look on me
    Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here...
    www.fashion-templates.com

It's definitely not my color this season!!!!

SVZ

they all look horrible

Fake wax lips are never in style Angie.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Yeah, I think it looks bad on most people. You have to have just the right coloring to pull it off well, and you need to pick just the right shade of red.

That orange-red looks terrible on AJ. I think Reese Witherspoon wears red well. Quick someone, get me a photo, I'm sitting in class!

you're right muchlove....red is hard to pull off unless you wear the right color for your skintone....

Quote Originally Posted by muchlove View Post
    Yeah, I think it looks bad on most people. You have to have just the right coloring to pull it off well, and you need to pick just the right shade of red.

I happen to love red lipstick, but it has to be right. I wear Bobbi Brown Redwood, Dior Opal Fire or Tres Tres Red. I also like MAC Viva Glam. I feel great when I wear it, but I usually wear it at night or when I'm very dressed up over the holidays.

Remember the old rule: If you have dramatic lips, tone down the eyes, and vice versa.

I once dated a guy who said women who wore red lipstick intimidated him and that he'd never "allow" his gf to wear it. He lasted one date.

Angelina has said that she hates red lipstick because of her lips, so I don't know why she's been wearing it. Maybe a stylist is giving her bad advice.

oh PB...i love viva glam, but you're right about if you wear red lipstick to tone down the eye makeup....

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I happen to love red lipstick, but it has to be right. I wear Bobbi Brown Redwood, Dior Opal Fire or Tres Tres Red. I also like MAC Viva Glam. I feel great when I wear it, but I usually wear it at night or when I'm very dressed up over the holidays.

Remember the old rule: If you have dramatic lips, tone down the eyes, and vice versa.

I once dated a guy who said women who wore red lipstick intimidated him and that he'd never "allow" his gf to wear it. He lasted one date.

A*O

I can't wear red lippy - my bitter, twisted lips are too thin and witchy. BUT I love to see women with the right equipment wear it. I think Angelina looks great - but in a totally non lesbo way I think she is Da Bomb anyway.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Hmm, I'm scared of wearing red lipstick, I don't have the confidence to pull it off. I'd like to though. My Mum wears it and she always looks fine, I have similar colouring but whenever I've tried it and looked in the mirror I can imagine a huge Neon Arrow pointing to it.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post

I agree with you pacific, I LOVE red lipstick too! I wish I was one of the rare women who can even wear shades of red in the daytime... As it were, I try to wear it as much as I can in the evening. I think its the most gorgeous thing you can wear on your face! Well, that and smokey eyes, but not together really... Although depending on the colours and the intensity, it can work..
    I also love viva glam!

I think red lipstick suits very few people, I have tanned skin and my mum always insists I wear it coz she loves it on me but I never ever wear it, I only ever wear different shades of brown. I think if you don't wear read perfectly, it looks really tacky.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information