Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airbrush tanning

Cool Airbrush tanning

has anyone ever tried an airbrush tan? where somenone actually sprays you while you stand there in your skimpies i'm very pale and getting ready to go to the beach on vacation and would like to have some color so i dont blind everybody with my white legs to anyone that has tried this: did it look more natural than a spraying booth? how long did it last and when it started to fade, did it still look natural or splotchy? basically any info you can give would be helpful

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Opinions will vary, but when I had this done I was disappointed because it seemed heavier in some areas and it leaves this bronzer -like substance on you for 'instant color' while you wait for the rest so soak in. For the price, time, and effort, I'd go get No-Ad sunless tanner cream or the Loreal towlettes.

Have a great vacation!

I have had it done many times. its nice because you dont get streaks and its nice and even but it can come off patchy, depending on the formula.

overall i would do it again.

I did it twice and loved it both times, but when it starts to rub off after about a week it looks splotchy, which I didn't care for.

SVZ

sephora sells a self tanning airbrush gun

there's the link: Sephora: Fusion Beauty GlowFusion AirGlow: Bronzers & Self-Tanners

My Mum got a St. Tropez spray tan but I think she got two layers (?) and it was quite dark. Eeeeek

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    sephora sells a self tanning airbrush gun

there's the link: Sephora: Fusion Beauty GlowFusion AirGlow: Bronzers & Self-Tanners
    I just bought a less expensive version of one of those and I love it!
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I have it done a lot. The woman does it by hand, and shes good. It's always even, she has a few color choices.

I tried a spray booth once, but my legs were a mess........all streaky. Some people have better results in the booths though.

At home I use the St. Tropez lotion. It's fantastic. Messy to use , but totally real looking on my skin. Just did it last night.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I just bought a less expensive version of one of those and I love it!
    If you don't mind me asking, which brand? I'm preggers and in need of a safe tan really bad.

Amazon.com: Salon Bronze Sunless Tanning System: Health & Personal Care

But I got it at a Beauty Supply store, not online. Now that I have been looking online though, I'd love one of those high-end ones. Mebbe next year.

Just to let you know, it can take a little practice to get it just right (i.e. cover nails with lotion, etc). But it has worked really well for me the times I've done it and no orange. It's a plus if you have a friend who can help, especially hard to reach areas and on acct of being preggo.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I haven't gotten a spray tan before but i'm curious about it. I have used the neutragena lotion thing that adds color gradually. It's okay because I don't like to be too dark but my legs and arms are different colors.

I got an airbrush tan once for a wedding...it looked great! ...until 4 days later when it started to come off then it was pute blotches for about a week. I wouldn't recomend getting a fake tan if its for the purpose of a vacation though your probably already gone. You want to be comfy and non blotchy in your sexy swimsuits. Just go pale...and use SPF 30 plus and get a normal tan.

MysticTan is alright but if you go too dark you'll be orange. I'd say don't do higher than level 2 if its Mystic. And again the blotchyness starts when it begins to fade...as ALL self tanners will.

Gold Member

I've done it from a booth and I don't think i'll be doing seconds. It seemed like the first night after shaving my legs they were streaking. Plus I about died in the booth. It's stuffy and the fumes go everywhere and you take a little breath and gag.

I don't think it's a good idea for the beach as it will streak at some point. In the summer I use an body hydrating lotion by L'Oreal that has a very low percentage of self-tanner in it, it's so pale that you don't really see the result after the first application, you have to use two or three coats to get a gold color, this way you always avoid the blotches

My daughter had it done for her senior pictures. She followed advice from the salon owner and used salt scrub and exfoliated really well. Bless her heart, her feet were all splotchy and when she started to do her make up right before the pics, her face started peeling. Bless her heart, she was so upset. Thankfully, her pics turned out wonderfully!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information