Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mineral Makeup input

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

Default Mineral Makeup input

The curiosity has gotten to me and I've tried several brands of mineral makeup. Everyone says it's supposed to look so natural, but to me it always looks heavy. Very heavy, no matter how lightly it is applied. It looks like a thick matte mask. Anybody else have this experience?

Silver Member

I use Neutrogena Sheer Mineral powder or at least I think that is what it's called. Anyhow, it's messy as hell, so I won't buy it again. I did like the coverage. It's the only make-up I use on my face. I first tap it on my hand then brush it on my face. It looks natural on me. It's the only one I have tried.

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

I use L'Oreal Bare Naturale... it's ok... nothing "wow"...
    Today I ordered bare minerals, so when I get it and try it out, expect my return to this thread
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

We have a thread going specifically about the Bare Escentuals line. I use that brand, and I love it.

Has anyone tried Bare Escentuals?

NDBT,I did see that thread and your pics and comments pushed me into getting it
    Hope I'll like it as well

I'm still loving it too. At one point I was getting some breakout issues, but I was able to narrow it down to which product was causing them (the mineral veil), as soon as i stopped using that my skin cleared up and it's been great.

Oh really? I will try to use that min. veil as less as possible then... Do you use that other thing that is like a bronzer or something (I can't remember how its called)?

Warmth? I use it sometimes, it depends on the day. I haven't been using it a lot lately b/c I've gotten a fairly decent tan on my own. Not everyone loves it though, I've heard some people describe it as making them look dirty, it doesn't do that to me though.

Mineral veil is good for most people, it was just my skin that reacted bad. I have read that usually if you do have a bad reaction to the makeup it is the mineral veil.

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I guess what I'm wondering, is if anyone else who has used it thought it looked as unnatural as I did. I just don't get how people cannot think this stuff looks heavy. Is there a trick I don't know about? I worked at a cosmetics counter for 5 years, so I know about makeup application. I just don't get why it seems so different for me. My skin is normal/combo, not excessively dry or oily, so what gives?

I use Physician's Formula Talc-Free Loose Mineral Powder. I really like it, but I have to be careful not to get it too heavy. Very careful.

The reason Mineral Veil makes so many people break out is because its main ingredient is corn starch. That'll make even people who aren't acne-prone break out.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I saw that L'Oreal upgraded their mineral line- now they have 4 or 5 different things- foundation, blush, some kind of 'glow', and something for finishing touch that minimizes pores etc.
    But glow brush is sooooo soft and cool, I was just standing there touching it LOL...

its all about the application method. If you apply it correctly, there should not be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by veronabrit View Post
    its all about the application method. If you apply it correctly, there should not be a problem.
    What is correct way to apply it?

Quote Originally Posted by Green-eyed-hottie View Post
    What is correct way to apply it?
    go to youtube.com

type in the search box "bare minerals" and watch the videos that show how to use it.

I did. Those girls already have flawless skin- they don't need makup....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information