Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Acne scars / Uneven skin

Default Acne scars / Uneven skin

I have to wear SO MUCH MAKEUP to make my skin look even, I end up looking like a hag from Jersey.
    Any suggestions on products I could use to help my acne scars and skin discoloration? I want a more natural look.

Dermablend and L'oreal's take on bare minerals. I cannot stop singing the praises of the L'oreal powder. I have rosacea and it covers it completely without having to use anything else other than a little moisturizer underneath.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

You'll never look good all day long if you need make-up to conceil flaws - I'd suggest you find a derm that does cosmetic procedures (like glycolic peels) and if you still have acne will help you find a real solution to it - Most people can have a great skin if they work on it

I have insanely red cheeks. I cover them with my Bare Minerals blush first, then the powder foundation, then I put the blush on again.
    I know it sounds crazy, but the mineral blush covers the redness in a way that when the foundation goes on, it doesn't have the red undertones.
    It's taken me a year with my mineral m/up to figure it out! But it works. I would use the morning eyes powder(www.bareescentuals.com) to cover scars, then proceed with foundation.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

have you looked into laser treatments or fillers like restalyne?

Yes-try microdermobrasion. I works-will take several treatments. Feels like a sunburn after-not bad. Look under dermotologists & see who in your area offers it. Good skin is forever-worth the investment.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Yes-try microdermobrasion. I works-will take several treatments. Feels like a sunburn after-not bad. Look under dermotologists & see who in your area offers it. Good skin is forever-worth the investment.
    I'm thinking about getting that. What does one's skin look like immediately after a treatment and how soon after can one wear make-up again?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

It peels a bit in spots-nothing horrendous. Feels sunburnt first day-I took asprin for that. Minor-very minor-redness. Let's put it this way: safe for work. 2 weeks before "state occasion" to be sure.But it just removes a tiny layer of skin at the time,that's why the several treatments. Oh-there is a tiny sting-like feeling when they do it, so take asprin or Aleve or something before.Well worth it I found.
    (I scheduled mine on Fridays-worked out well)
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    It peels a bit in spots-nothing horrendous. Feels sunburnt first day-I took asprin for that. Minor-very minor-redness. Let's put it this way: safe for work. 2 weeks before "state occasion" to be sure.But it just removes a tiny layer of skin at the time,that's why the several treatments. Oh-there is a tiny sting-like feeling when they do it, so take asprin or Aleve or something before.Well worth it I found.
    (I scheduled mine on Fridays-worked out well)
    Thanks for the info. I'm thinking of scheduling some treatments during my vacation, then.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Don't worry StyleJunkiex..I am going thru the SAME exact thing..glad to see you posted this...it makes me feel better to not be the only one. I feel like I have to pile on the makeup as well to hide my scars and discolorations..

There is some specific corrective make up for acne (oil-free et cetera). A friend of mine buys hre cosmetics in pharmacies, they are kinda medical and healing at the same time. I don't remember the name but every good pharmacy has this type of make-up that you cannot find in perfumeries.

The bad thing is, the more you wear make-up and occlude your pores, the worse your skin gets! It's the same for every girl, even with no acne. Maybe you can make a combo of specific acne make-up and healthier eating regime, that will make a big difference... and you can also treat your skin with some strong anti-bacteria lotions if you're not doing so now.
    Last edited by waikiki; August 31st, 2007 at 03:40 PM.
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar

Try using milk and lemon on your skin. A tip I got. But be careful, it lightens your skin.
    WHAT`S THiiS GAME?
    BABii ii WANT T0 PLAii
    [
    está bella traición que mato mi ilusion]

SVZ

Go to a dermatologist to get microdermabrasion, not a spa. They are completely different things.

do u have to get a doctor's reference if you want to go to a dermatologist and not a spa for a microdermabrasion or can you just make an appt?

I' had microdermabrasion once in a spa, and it was too rough on the skin. And the girls who worked there skin looked really plastered- looking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information