Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bikini hair removal

Elite Member

Default Bikini hair removal

I want to do a full Brazillian this year, but I'm embarassed to go to a salon for a waxing, and I'm scared of the pain. I usually shave but that causes bumps and itching. I was wondering if there was some over-the-counter dipilatory (sp?) product that would work. I tried Nair Bikini Hair Remover for sensitive skin and that did not work at all. I read this blog entry where a woman describes her experience. She used a product by Sally Hansen called Bikini No-Wax Hair Remover Brazillian Formula, but I can't find it in stores, nor is it listed on Sally Hansen's website. I like the idea of doing it at home wax-free. Last year I got the wax strips and tried them and MY GOD it hurt and did not even work!

Advice?

Oh, here's the blog. It's funny.

Suburban Turmoil: The Nether Lands

I do my own at home....I use GiGi Brazilian Wax for the microwave

I used to have it done in a salon, but the NY paper had a story a few years back about a woman that got herpes of the eye from a wax pot in a salon.....they give you a clean stick, but they use a common pot

Anyway, the GIGI wax works really well

I wouldn't use a depilatory cream for a brazilian, you can't use it too close to the most sensitive parts - cold wax strips are the best option, I do mine in no time, it doesn't hurt much when you've already done it a few times - to make it easy your hairs musn't be too long and you must hold your skin down with one hand (as shown in the instructions usually) and pull really fast with the other close to the skin - it's easy once you've got the hang of it

Silver Member

Brave women, doing your own bikini wax. I was shy about going to the salon, but than figured it's not like I am the only one they will be doing that day. I might try it myself. Where would you buy GiGi Brazilian Wax?

^^ a beauty supply store, like Sallys.....or online too....

I started out afraid, but have grown way more skilled in it over time.....the only difference is when I used to do it at the salon it was fast....it takes me longer as i do way smaller pieces at at time

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    She used a product by Sally Hansen called Bikini No-Wax Hair Remover Brazillian Formula, but I can't find it in stores, nor is it listed on Sally Hansen's website.
    I found Sally Hansen Extra Strength All-Over Body Wax Hair Removal Kit; Exclusive Brazilian Formula. I bought it at Walgreens for $9.95. I think this might be the one you are looking for. Anyhow, I am going to try it later this week, see if it works.

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

I imagine you would have to be very flexible and limber to do it yourself ehehe
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Silver Member

Working on the legs first. Some day I'll grow the balls to do my own bikini area.

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

^ Or do your balls
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Silver Member

I kinda walked into that one didn't I?

Silver Member

Okay update: Sally Hansen Extra Strength All-Over Body Wax Hair Removal Kit; Exclusive Brazilian Formula.

I just did my legs and now am hooked on this stuff. It was easy and not messy at all. It stung a little, but nowhere near the pain I thought I would have. The wax has a yummy vanilla scent to it. The strips took everything off including all the wax, so there was no mess on my legs.

Does anyone else find that it's impossible to get a close shave that lasts for more than a day without tearing your skin to shreds.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Does anyone else find that it's impossible to get a close shave that lasts for more than a day without tearing your skin to shreds.
    YES - I have to shave every single day and it drives me crazy because 12 hours later the stubble is back... I do find though that using my husbands 4 blade razor works well - well except when he tries to shave the blade is dull from me using That part doesnt work so well.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can certainly rent it for a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky32 View Post
    Okay update: Sally Hansen Extra Strength All-Over Body Wax Hair Removal Kit; Exclusive Brazilian Formula.

I just did my legs and now am hooked on this stuff. It was easy and not messy at all. It stung a little, but nowhere near the pain I thought I would have. The wax has a yummy vanilla scent to it. The strips took everything off including all the wax, so there was no mess on my legs.
    I will have to try this. I have been wanting to do my legs for a long time I just hated to let the hair grow out long enough to do it.

I use an epilator on my legs (& my hobbit toes!) & used to use cold wax strips on my bikini-line, but I've not since my op as the scar is very weak still.
    I'm dying to know how you guys do "around the corner" with wax strips???

BTW - Sweetie I appear to be your troll-de-jour!
    Free Charmed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information