Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassed or private about plastic surgery?

Default Embarrassed or private about plastic surgery?

I ran into a girlfriend today at a showroom for work. We go back 20 years, talk on the phone maybe once per month. When we had more time we used to go out together, gab on the phone. We love when we run into each other. Always gabbing and squealing with joy.

The last time I saw her it was winter. I see her today and my eyeballs zoomed out like a cartoon right towards her lips. Oh yes, LIPS.

I was so sure it would be the first thing she'd mention, but she never mentioned it. I did my best not to focus on her new lips. It looked to me that she had one of those cords put in, not collagen. The upper lip was full but not massive. The bottom was sort of like a sling. The upper hung over the bottom.

The upper didn't move. She had a sheer lipcolor on.

Did you ever know a colleague or someone you see now and then and they never mention their PS? It's a weird feeling because it was like she knew I knew but I would never pry. She also would know that I'd say how great they looked.

if i had PS i'd take out an ad. if i went thru all that crap to make myself look better/bigger/perkier, SOMEONE would know!!!!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

LOL. Atta girl!

I have to agree, I'd not want to have it done as I'd rather accept myself, but if I did I'd comment on it at least and tell people.

I only know a couple of people with PS -- mostly Botox and a nose job. I see the collagen liphangers all over the place tho -- 60-year-old women should not have a permanent pout. lol

Hit By Ban Bus!

if i were to get something done why would i be like "hi there! haven't seen you in a while! here's a list of things i've done.......".

it may feel weird but if you are on a friendly enough basis with someone why not just say "those are quite some kissy lips you have!". even if you don't mean it at least you won't be bursting at the seams!

My mum never talks about her dental work; she really doesn't want people to know they're not her real teeth. I say 'its ONLY teeth', but shes really hung up about it even though they look amazing.

Some people just have a thing about being ''fake'. I dont have that problem; i dont care what parts of my body are fake or real so long as it looks good.

If someone ASKED, i'd admit it. Otherwise i wouldn't be making an annoucement.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; June 17th, 2007 at 03:04 AM.

^^ Ditto. I mean, it would be a pretty random announcement. But I haven't done any denying about my nose yet, just haven't brought it to anyone's attention if they haven't asked. It is supposed to be subtle, after all.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I think I would brag about it! Not to excess of course & only to my friends & family.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Who the hell cares if someone gets PS? It's a personal choice and I don't judge anyone. I do however have a problem when people deny they had PS when it is obvious they had something done. Just cop to it and people wouldn't really care!

SVZ

I wouldn't brag or talk about it, but I wouldn't deny it if asked.

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

Uhm... I would be like "don't you notice anything... huh?! HUH?!?!?!" hehehe.. jk...
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Elite Member

Well, I got veneers and I don't think anyone has noticed...if they did they didn't say anything. But I'm glad, actually because that means it was subtle. I'd love to have a nose job but I don't know how I could stay in hiding while it heals...because I really don't want to deal with comments about why I had P.S. or how I paid for it.

One thing you can do is get a haircut/color at the same time so it distracts from the P.S. People know there's something different about you...but they think it's the other thing.

I had a nose job 4 years ago, shortly before I went to college.

All new school, all new nose-- my secret!

I wouldn't volunteer that I'd had PS or non-invasive treatments except to close friends, but I would be honest if asked. It's nothing to be ashamed of if done properly, and if it's not an addiction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information