Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coloured tattoos (might be a stupid question, but anyway...)

Default Coloured tattoos (might be a stupid question, but anyway...)

In a few days i'm off to get my 1st tattoo- a 1940's Varga pin-up girl on my upper back- left shoulder. At first i was going to get a black one, but i've decided I want it to have a dark emerald green dress and crimson lipstick. How is color done with a tattoo? Is the outline done with the needle with black ink and then filled in with the colour?

All of mine have been up to me; if I wanted it outlined in black they did that if not they didn't. They do say that red is the hardest color to deal with, a lot of people have allergies to the make-up of the red ink, so just watch that.

Your tattoo sounds pretty. I have a friend that has one and it's an outline of a woman that's kinda shaded in but she has emerald green eyes and it's really nice. That emerald green is a nice color, especially on a darker skintone.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

It really depends on the image. I personally will not get any color done just because I'm all lame like that. I love the Vargas & Petty girls! They are some of the best; with the super long legs and what not. True about the red ink and allergies; I've only known one person who had a reaction.

When I had my first one done I wanted Emerald green & red & was advised not to as both fade very quickly - ironic really as yellow is the colour that fade in 2 days on me!
    Free Charmed.

My husband had one with yellow and it faded rather quickly too.

My tattoo is almost 11 years old. The only color that has faded is the yellow. The other colors (red, purple, blue, black and orange) look good.

I got my a new tattoo last week *it's red* they used a regular needle to do the outline than flat needle to do the coloring and shading...it looks good but i'll have to go back for touch ups.

I have one with yellow and green and some tribal (black) and one that's made to look "marbelized" kinda - an old weathered cross that's that blue/green color (difficult to explain). We need another thread for pictures of everybody's tattoos. The tattoo parlor where I got mine done gives you a lifetime warranty on the tattoos - if they fade, you go back and get it re-colored. That's why I get all mine at the same place.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

My BIL got the Notre Dame logo in color. He has to go back periodically for touch ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I have one with yellow and green and some tribal (black) and one that's made to look "marbelized" kinda - an old weathered cross that's that blue/green color (difficult to explain). We need another thread for pictures of everybody's tattoos. The tattoo parlor where I got mine done gives you a lifetime warranty on the tattoos - if they fade, you go back and get it re-colored. That's why I get all mine at the same place.
    That's brilliant!
    I move around the country too much! I'd love to go back to the guy that did mine but.... pfft... issues.....

Oh SY&P!!! I was told to put Prep H on mine after it was done as it cuts down on the bleeding & therefore scabbing & therefore less colour drop-outs! I did this & it worked really well, better than smothering it in vaseline to keep the scab flexible! I highly recommend it & my tat is a minimum of 8" long, from collarbone to the bottom of my shoulder blade, so I needed something!
    Free Charmed.

It's funny how different artists give different advice. When I got mine, he told me to use cocoa butter, and to never use vaseline or triple antibiotic.
    They guarantee their work, too. Any fading and they will redo it.
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel View Post
    It's funny how different artists give different advice. When I got mine, he told me to use cocoa butter, and to never use vaseline or triple antibiotic.
    Different continents too! It even differs from artist to artist here!

It did work, but it was so big & we did it in 3 session due to time constraints that it bled a lot & use to stick to my hair, my shirt, my sheets! the Prep H helped a lot with that! Imagine me getting in the bath with my whole bed to soak it all off!!! LOL!
    Free Charmed.

Never heard of using Prep H. It is funny to hear what different areas suggest.
    The artist around here only want people to use A&D ointment. It's a thing for diaper rash and small cuts and burns. It works very well. A friend of mine got wings on his whole back, lined and shaded in and he used the A&D ointment and his healed lovely too. The tattoo goo they sale is the best but it's costly.

I'd never heard of it either & my ex was the tattooist who's work was too dark that my friend was covering up..... long story, eh?

That "tattoo goo" sounds simply divine when put like that! I've heard of A&D before... maybe on here.... maybe in the mags.....?
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Never heard of using Prep H. It is funny to hear what different areas suggest.
    The artist around here only want people to use A&D ointment. It's a thing for diaper rash and small cuts and burns. It works very well. A friend of mine got wings on his whole back, lined and shaded in and he used the A&D ointment and his healed lovely too. The tattoo goo they sale is the best but it's costly.
    A&D is what they give you at the tattoo parlors here in texas also.. never heard of the goo or I know I would've bought it.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information