Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get rid of the dark shadows under my eyes?

Default How to get rid of the dark shadows under my eyes?

My father has really dark shadows under his eyes... luckily I inherit the same from him
    I use an anti-shadow eye care from Helena Rubinstein these days, and I also use touche eclat radiant touch from YSL, to cover up the darkness. However, the shadow is still to much. Sometimes I've also used eyeshadow under my eyes to lighten it up, however it's rather difficult to find a colour that seems natural.

I really need some tips how to do the best out of my dark shadows...
    What do you do?
    I also would like to get tips on really good prodcts that might help me out
    Life is a journey - it's the passion that takes you further than your dreams

Well, I'm an old pro at this! The good news is, there are a ton of products on the market (concealer wise) that are very good these days. The YSL product you are using is the best. Couple that with a good basic concealer and you should be fine. I'm 37 and have been dealing with this all my life. The bad news is, unless your circles are caused by hyper-pigmentation of the actual skin, all of the creams on the market really won't put a dent in the circles. One big difference I've noticed is when I drink a lot of water, it reduces the circles dramatically. I'm thinking about trying Restylane injections under my eyes, since my circles are getting worse with age.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I'm starting to have this problem now; I would like to blame not getting enough sleep... i've been using a yellow based concealer underneath a regular one I use. I want injections in my face; I'm starting to get a wrinkle on my forehead from raising my eyebrows all smartass like all the time.

I inherited these lovely bags too!

I use the YSL product or a Rimmel one which is tonnes cheaper. They definitely look worse when I don't drink enough water or get enough sleep, so make sure you do these things.

Zee

I'll have to look for the Rimmel version. I always thought that this was a highlighter and never tried it on undereye shadows.

My circles get worse during allergy season.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

mine seems to get worse if im in front of the computer too long... even so they are hard to hide.. lately ive been using maybelline concealer which seems to be doing a pretty good job of making them less noticeable.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I use a cheap CG undereye concealer. Instead of brushing my usual translucent powder over it, I brushed a very light, warm pink on top, and that helped. I also used a white, non-sparkly eyeshadow over my lid and brow bone and then in the crease I use some of the blush, since I'm not big on eye shadow, though I use a fine eyeliner right along the lashes on top. I stopped lining underneath my eye because it brought attention to the bad stuff beneath beneath my eye.

Yep I suffer from these blighters too! YSL is certainly the best with NARS vanilla concealer a close second. I reapply make-up to that area 2 or 3 times throughout the day to keep it in check. In my experience those “miracle creams” don't work either!!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

I never mastered the art of concealer, so I use Hylexin & its got rid of them completely! It IS expensive, unless you're lucky enough to live near a CVS Pharmacy, then buy their "for seriously dark circles" product (its the same but about a 5th of the price).
    Alternatively, lots of sleep & carrot juice......
    Free Charmed.

If anyone's interested the Rimmel one I use is called "hide the blemish" and is about 3 here.

what about dark circles creams? Which ones are the best?

Zee

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    If anyone's interested the Rimmel one I use is called "hide the blemish" and is about 3 here.
    Thanks. I will be looking for it. I was using Bobbi Brown concealer and color corrector. Just doesn't look great anymore.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

I found something at Avon that created a noticeable change ina bout 3 days. It is the Undereye Treatment with Peptides.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I never mastered the art of concealer, so I use Hylexin & its got rid of them completely! It IS expensive, unless you're lucky enough to live near a CVS Pharmacy, then buy their "for seriously dark circles" product (its the same but about a 5th of the price).
    Alternatively, lots of sleep & carrot juice......

I found that at a TJMaxx for $5.99 this weekend. The generic version of Hylexin.

I've never tried it myself, but truly need to tackle my dark circles!

Quote Originally Posted by sherbear905 View Post
    I found that at a TJMaxx for $5.99 this weekend. The generic version of Hylexin.

I've never tried it myself, but truly need to tackle my dark circles!
    WOW!!! I bought mine from Hong Kong & had to pay half again in import tax (but it was STILL cheaper than buying it in the UK).

I stopped using mine for a while & my MIL looked at me & told me I looked really tired & was I ok? Then after using it again for 4/5 days, she told me I looked really healthy... I'd just driven 300+ miles after about 4 hours sleep... & felt like a knackered old hag!!!! So I'd really recommend it!

I love my MIL, she's a really sweet person, but I'm always going to hear her honest opinion!!! It's a bit nerve wracking at times, but at least I know that my Hylexin works! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by princesspink View Post
    what about dark circles creams? Which ones are the best?
    I've tried most of them*.... and found that Hylexin works best for me. Now I just need PS to get rid of my truck-sized bags!!! LOL! That's the bit that makes me look most like my mum & if I ever have PS that's what I'm going to have done!!!

* Oh - but I'm 40 in November. When I was younger & just needed a bit of help they were cool, i think the best one I used was Garnier Stop cream. I still use their mosturiers from that range (I like the smell & it seems to work well for me).
    http://www.garnier.co.uk/_en/_gb/our_products/products_skincare.aspx?tpcode=OUR_PRODUCTS^PRD_SKI NCARE^STOP^STOP_DISCOVER&prdcode=P15006
    Free Charmed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information