Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eyelash extensions

Default Eyelash extensions

I got them done in Thailand for 400 BAHT ($12.00) I was told they will stay on for about a month. I still have them on, and its been about a week. I can shower and swim, no problem. The process took about an hour, maybe a bit longer. I actually dozed off becasue I had to keep my eyes closed. So I was very relaxed.
    Does anyone know where and how much they cost here in the U.S? Maybe even Philadelphia? I searched the net, and couldn't find anything except for the kits. I'm not expecting to get this procedure done for the amount that I paid in Thailand.

"Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Girl, they look good! Now I wanna get some!

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Be careful wherever you go; some of these places can jack them up like a bad nail salon. Look at high end spas.

My high end salon does it, and it's expensive. I would love to have it done. Yours look fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    My high end salon does it, and it's expensive. I would love to have it done. Yours look fantastic.
    How much are they? My guess would be $75-$100?
    I don't know of any salon in my area that has it. I gotta do more research.

^
    I want to say somewhere between $250 and $350. I will have to ask my hairstylist next time I am there. The prices aren't listed on their site.

SVZ

I don't want to scare you, but I heard eventually they start pulling out your real eyelashes? Or maybe that's with false eyelashes like the kind you glue on.

But they look really amazing! Wow!

I also heard the same that they eventually pull eyelashes out. Ouch!
    I usually use the ones that you glue on with the latex. I never had my eyelashes pulled out. But I'm sure some people rip them off.

I was just doing some research on this today and its about $200-250 in Denver with $80-100 for touch-ups every 3-4 weeks. I'm considering it. Does anyone else have experience with these? Do they last well or bother you?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

It's been a while. It did look a bit odd when they start falling off. A couple of them stuck real good. I got frustrated and ripped them off. I do recommend it though. But you gotta go for touch ups. I didn't. My eyelash roots were a little hard because of the glue.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    I don't want to scare you, but I heard eventually they start pulling out your real eyelashes? Or maybe that's with false eyelashes like the kind you glue on.

But they look really amazing! Wow!

Meh, so does mascara use and lask curling...eventually.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

I have TLC's "Ten Years Younger" on in the background, and the subject is getting lash extensions. I confess:they look terrific, but I've been weirded out by the idea of the glue. However, I'm totally fine with the glue for fake eyelashes and with mascara, so putting a chemical near my eye apparently doesn't bother me that much. It also looks like the lash extensions aren't too high maintenance.

I'm also in Philly - did you ever get any leads with where to go?

Also, TLC is saying that they won't pull out or harm your lashes, and that they last 2-3 months?

Did you have to trim them when you got them done? I'm scared of looking like a Vegas showgirl on the prowl.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

a bit off topic -- what's the opinion of eyelash tinting/dyeing? the Benefit salon here does it and i'm considering it. i have long enough eyelashes - they're just see thru blonde without mascara. is it safer or the same risk as extensions?
    I'm a hard act to follow because when I'm done, I take the microphone with me.

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
    a bit off topic -- what's the opinion of eyelash tinting/dyeing? the Benefit salon here does it and i'm considering it. i have long enough eyelashes - they're just see thru blonde without mascara. is it safer or the same risk as extensions?
    I get mine tinted all the time. I have good thick lashes, but they are blonde and I get tired of having to take off mascara plus some of it makes my eyes burn. Doesn't take long and looks great. Far safer than extensions, but not a DIY project!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I have a dumb question - what makes the dying safer than extensions?
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information