Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lip gloss

Elite Member

Default Lip gloss

Hey, girls, now that summer is around the corner, I was interested in getting some lip gloss. Any good ones you recommend? I've tried one from Lancome once before and it was too sticky. Then I tried another sample one I got from M.A.C. and I didn't like it. After an hour it totally ran outside my lipline. I'd like maybe one clear gloss and two slightly tinted ones...I hear Victoria's Secret has some nice ones. Any suggestions

My girls love the VS lipgloss. Personally, I use one that maybeline has that is a squeeze tube, but it has a soft applicator tip so that the lipgloss doesn't ooze all over the place...I use cola-float.

Elite Member

My sister just told me that she likes Mary Kay lip glosses too...I have to go to their website and check it out.

I'm a fan of the CO Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine. It isn't too sticky, and there is a pretty decent variety of shades that do just a little tint.

The Lancome JuicyTubes are great, and they last a long time.

Clinique Glosswear is one of my staples. Lots of colors, with lots of shimmer, a little shimmer, or no shimmer.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Silver Member

Nars has a really good lip laquer. I think that is what they are called. It comes in little pots and is a gloss/lipstick. Pricey, $22, but they go on nicely and last a good chunk of time.

Zee

I was just given an American Beauty lip gloss. Great color, shine and staying power. Some glosses look great but make your lips stick together.

My favorite gloss is still Dr Pepper- lip smackers by Bonne Bell. Kitschy but will always have somebody ask what gloss I am wearing.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Hell yeah; Dr Pepper Lip Smacker is the best. I was going to say M.A.C.'s lipglass in Nymphette because that is like the greatest ever... oh well.

Just try the Fiorucci line.
    They usually come in crazy lovely shaped boxes (t-shirt, lips, the word "love" or "sexy" and so on) and you can carry them in the bag and especially in the pocket!! When you wear it, people will think your lipgloss is lovely and this will also avoid them to think: "She looks like Paris Hilton, she cannot live without wearing lipgloss every 5 minutes! Does she really think she's so hot!?!?!?!"
    They're usually small, but that's good so you can just try one once and if you don't like it... that's not a problem.
    They usually smell good and they are very light and they don't stick. I find them moisturizing, too.
    carico... (then choose the ENG version). The short jingle is catchy!!:-)
    Three reasons to be teacher: June, July, August.

it's so hard to find a good gloss. you really have to try out a lot. i like gloss that's basically just a stain, enough colour but only a few shades darker than my natural lip colour, nothing sparkly or any of the sort of metallic pearly ones.
    the consistency's tricky too. they're either too sticky (mac lip glass, can't stand the stuff) or too oily and last 3 minutes (cargo).
    these days i'm using helena rubinstein sellars gloss in star camelia. it's perfect for every day.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

A good one that I just bought is the Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in Snog; it's pretty good.
    I would also like to add that it smells the way vitamin C tablets taste. I've applied it now three different times and it gives a nice shine (not all crazy like the clear lip glass) not sticky feeling or slippery. This is a damn good gloss.
    Last edited by Just Kill Me; May 4th, 2007 at 11:15 AM.

Try KissKiss Gloss by Guerlain.

Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar

I just got a new one today from L.A. COLORS. It`s a moisturizer and a lip gloss as well. I was looking for some nice flavored lip glosses before though. My boyfriend has a tendency to lick my lips when he kisses me (gross, I know, but it's sort of sweet) and I need a lip gloss that tastes good. The Smackers ones are good, but they're so juvenile and not enough POP, ya know?

Okay, if you dont like sticky lipglosses go get l'Oreal Glamshine. Great quality, and i love the bendy brush.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information