Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foundation issues

Default Foundation issues

Soooo, I have a question about foundation that maybe some of you ladies can enlighten me on. I use your basic old school Cover Girl Clean Makeup foundation, it's the only foundation that I REALLY like and it's cheap so it works out. However I also put on my face, my Clean and Clear treatment, my moisturizer, my under eye conceler, the minderal powder and bronzer. What I'm wondering is should I be scratching some of this? I only put the liquid foundation on my nose, does foundation have to go all over your face? Should I just be using the mineral powder? What do you guys do?

The only reason why I ask is because I was looking at foundations reviews and it seems like people slather it all over their faces, and I didn't think that's what it was for, I thought it was more for a coverup type thing. I don't think I'd want it all over my face, it'd feel cakey wouldn't it?
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Actually foundation is for the entire face. Concealer is for spots. I use Revlon cream to powder foundation and it doesn't feel cakey.

Usually the powder you put on is the finishing touch. So you would put the concealer, foundation and then dust with powder.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

If your pores aren't clogging, you are fine. Make sure if you are only using foundation on the nose ,that is is blended in well with the rest of the face. Go outside in sun with a mirror to see how it looks-under harsh light you will get a true reading! I use it all over, but start in the middle like you do & spread it out in every direction ,just letting it dissapear. Make sure (outside) the concealer is not too cakey. If is is, use more moistuizer. Just remember to blend,blend. Also-SO many women end up with an orange-y face! Make sure it matches your neck.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Alright! I'm going to try putting it all over my face today and see what happens. I'm always so scared I'm going to look like I'm wearing a mask.

Thanks for your help ladies!

SVZ

The guy from America's Next Top Model said you should just use it wherever you need it.

Eli

I hate to admit it but on the odd occassion I use foundation- I don't like zits! I have noticed that after a few hours it becomes dry and flakey... Euurgh.

SVZ

I want to try the spray-on stuff. Seems like it's less foolproof than actually putting it on..I'd be afraid of someone noticing!

Zee

I did the airbrush foundation at a trade show. I absolutely hated the feel. My skin did look great.

I only use foundation on my nose, cheekbones, and as a primer for my eyes. I used to work with a tinted moisturizer but haven't found a replacement for a discontinued brand.

My whole opinion is if you like the way it looks and your skin is not breaking out- stick with what works
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

SVZ

Doesn't the airbrushed foundation get into your eyebrows, and mouth and hair?

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post

Well I can't imagine you'd have your mouth wide open when they apply it.

But I would think that it'd be horribly messy.

Zee

No it didn't. It was a system they were selling to salons and studios- not a home version. They sprayed my neck since the color wasn't a good match- yuck. My skin did look fabulous.

I also bought Sally Hansen aerosol version to try at home. Just horrible. Goopy and runny.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

SVZ

One of my friends has been raving about this thing, beautyblender It's like an egg and she carries it around in her purse and uses that to put on her makeup.

Zee

Thanks, I'll have to look for that sometime. I still prefer a foundation brush.
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Silver Member

I have heard amazing things about the Beautyblender as well.

When I get off my self imposed Cosmetic Cold Turkey ( I have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much) I will have to try that.

I also have the Spray on Foundation from ERA. It's not bad but not worth the price.
    http://dorkdejour.blogspot.com Just Pimpin my Podcast!!

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    Yes. I bought the DiorSkin stuff, and it most certainly gets on your eyebrows, your facial hair, your hairline and your lips ( I guess you could "tuck them in"). Their lightest colour also wasn't light enough for me, but obviously that won't be an issue for everyone. The product was just mediocre, overall - it didn't offer much coverage, and every use seemed to use a lot of the stuff.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information