Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom f*cking teeth!

Default Wisdom f*cking teeth!

I went to my orthodontist today and she tells me my wisdom teeth have arrived and that i should make sure to keep getting check ups at the dentist. She said they hadn't come through yet though- which i assume is through the gum? They're not a problem yet. Has anyone had them removed, had them come through and had trouble with them, or still has them with no problems? I'm hoping i'll be the latter.....

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Oooooh; I'm going to have to have mine taken out sooner than later. I know people who never had to have them taken out; I will not be so lucky.

Had them out. No problems. Real woozy after, got driven home and slept. Some soreness but it went away.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I only had 2 wisdom teeth on the top. I have a huge mouth, so there was no problem fitting them in. However, since they are so far back, I began to develop a cavity and had to get them pulled. Just Novocane, popped them out, I had no problem.

Now, my husband had all 4 and they began to come in sideways, so they had to dig them out of his gums and pull them out. He was knocked out and was a bloody mess.

I had mine removed at 16. My dentist said if they came through, they would screw up my teeth. It was no problem, except that he got blood on one of my favorite sweaters. You'll get good pain pills hopefully.

I had one of mine removed---I was having a root canal in the tooth right next to it, so the dentist just took the wisdom tooth out. It was really crowding my teeth anyway, so why not. The other 3 flare up occasionally, though not in awhile *knocks on wood*, but will get them out if needed.

If they're giving you problems, just get out. You'll be better for it.

Oh god, I went through hell and back with mine - and it still hasn't stopped 100%.
    My top and bottom left-side came through at the same time and pierced through my gum which got seriously infected... I didn't sleep or eat for days. I'm petrified of the dentist but eventually after O.D ing on painkillers due to unexplainable agony, I was taken to the dental hospital and they managed to remove one of them (most horrid thing EVER) but I was so freaked out I refused to let them take the other!! Thankfully that stopped the gum from being pierced and the infection cleared up. I know that one of these days I'll have to go back to have the other one out but until it's unavoidable I'm winging it!!
    I think mine is a extreme case though as most of my friends have been fine. I hate dumb teeth!!
    Curiouser and curiouser...

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Now, my husband had all 4 and they began to come in sideways, so they had to dig them out of his gums and pull them out. He was knocked out and was a bloody mess.
    same thing happened to me. pissed me off too cause i have a huge mouth and there would probably be room for 4 more but because the bloody things were at an odd angle they had to come out. i had a great dental surgeon though (not to mention hot) and he took all 4 out at once in his clininc with local anaesthesia and a sedative and it was quick and pretty painless. i got a prescription for pain meds and took those for a couple of days but i was really fine. i did look like a hamster for 4 or 5 days though.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus!

If you do get them taken out, go to an oral surgeon and get sedated. I had my wisdom teeth pulled that way, and it lasted 10-15 minutes tops, don't remember a thing. I had 4 bicuspids pulled for braces (which should be easier) at a regular dentist with just local anesthetic and it was very unpleasant and took forever. Not to mention all the popping and cracking of hearing your teeth being ripped from their sockets.

Oh, and as they come in, they may begin to crowd your teeth, which you'll notice when your lower front teeth start getting crooked. So even if you don't get infection issues, you may have aesthetic issues if you leave them in.

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by tictac View Post
    If you do get them taken out, go to an oral surgeon and get sedated. I had my wisdom teeth pulled that way, and it lasted 10-15 minutes tops, don't remember a thing. I had 4 bicuspids pulled for braces (which should be easier) at a regular dentist with just local anesthetic and it was very unpleasant and took forever. Not to mention all the popping and cracking of hearing your teeth being ripped from their sockets.

Oh, and as they come in, they may begin to crowd your teeth, which you'll notice when your lower front teeth start getting crooked. So even if you don't get infection issues, you may have aesthetic issues if you leave them in.
    Agree 100%.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Eli

Getting your wisdom teeth out is nothing short of fun. The only bad thing that happened during my recuperation time was when I woke up in the middle of the night with a silverfish crawling along my cheek, but that hardly has anything to do with the wisdom teeth itself.
    Seriously, you get to sit in bed for about a week watching telly. You're on painkillers. You eat through a straw. You'll probably lose a tiny bit of weight. It's COOL! And I felt no pain or discomfort, other than the drooling thing for the first 5 hours after.
    Trust me, as someone who's scared of everything, this was easy. I wondered after why I had stressed so much over it.

LOL one thing I remember (back in Jan '05 when I got it done) is that I got to lie down on an operating table thingy and there were a lot of people nearby and I was thinking "Holy crap, are they all here for me?" And then I did lie down they pierced the skin on my left hand to sedate me, and I looked up and said: "How long till I konk out?"
    And the man said: "Less than 10 seconds."
    And I looked around and said: "Oh, okay. See you after." And I love these sorts of moments, I was wide awake and I was thinking: "Keep thinking, be aware of the next ten seconds, I want to know exactly when I--"
    And I woke up later on all groggy and I was thinking: "What the hell! That was so cool!"

wtf, thats weak as haha...i had mine cut out under anesthetic (cbf with spelling) and walked out that day with my mouth saw as but i just took pain killers. no big deal..

funny that this thread popped up. Ive got a date with the dentist next week to remove one

A*O

If it needs to come out then it needs to come out, but DO discuss which other ones are there (even still buried in your gums). If they are ready and waiting then get a referral to an Oral Surgeon and have all 4 mofo's taken out under general anaesthetic.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

She said they hadn't come through the gum yet, what the hell does that mean?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information