Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facial hair removal

Bronze Member

Default Facial hair removal

What do you guys do to remove hair from your upper lip that's not laser or eletrolysis? I have dark hair, so it would be noticeable if it grew in even for a little bit.

Thanks!

The only thing left would be tweerers. Waxing would have to be longer hair-not much. You could do this: use upper lip bleach first to make hair blank out, THEN get waxed.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I use Parissa Hard Wax, It is amazing and does not damage the skin. This stuff will pull out ALL of your unwanted hair. BONUS-no need for wax strips either!!!
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

What about ingrown hairs after using the Parissa Hard Wax?

It ain't for the very faint of heart, but an epilator will do the job. They remove the hair from the root, so there is a little pain involved, but it's less painful each time you do it.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I use an epilator on my leg and bikini line. As you say, it does get less painful, still a bit owey though! I tried using it on my armpits one time and nearly passed out from the pain!!! That was too much!

A*O

I'd go to a local salon and get my eyebrows and lip waxed at the same time. It's less painful if someone else does it and shouldn't be too expensive. If the hairs are not too long then get a bleach product specifically for facial hair. Electrolysis is another option but it's bloody painful - more than waxing IMO.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Just be careful with bleach, i've read that sometimes it can give you really noticeable blonde hairs- it doesn't sound like a bad thing, but it is when its golden looking and in certain lighting- basically glows. It depends on how much hair you have. Go with wax- if someone else can get rid of the pesky hair every month or whatever, you wont have to worry about it.

Talking hm?

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    I have not had any yet, but I guess if I get them in the future, I would use tweezers.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by ariesallover View Post
    I use stuff called 'Tendskin' You put it on some time after waxing/plucking, and somehow it thins the skin or something and stops the redness and ingrowing hairs. It's quite pricey, but I bought mine years ago and I'm still using it! It's very good too.

I use depilatory creams on my upper lip. I have the odd really strong hair there which I tweeze. If things increase(!) I might consider laser or something.

I epilate legs, armpits and bikini-line. Been doing it for years so no pain. First few times can be bad. I, erm, got a bit drunk, took some painkillers and went for it. I just have the odd fluffy hair under my arms now - barely there - and I epilate that once a week. So easy! And I had dark strong hair under there once....

Quote Originally Posted by Rondette View Post
    I use stuff called 'Tendskin' You put it on some time after waxing/plucking, and somehow it thins the skin or something and stops the redness and ingrowing hairs. It's quite pricey, but I bought mine years ago and I'm still using it! It's very good too.
    I'll have to look for this stuff -thanks!

I don't have this problem, but had a friend who did. She used that Nair face crap one time, and ended up with a crusty, scabby upper lip for about 2 weeks. :O It was horrible!

My sister, who did not get the total blond swede genes, uses some sort of microwave wax.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoog View Post
    I use depilatory creams on my upper lip. I have the odd really strong hair there which I tweeze. If things increase(!) I might consider laser or something.

I epilate legs, armpits and bikini-line. Been doing it for years so no pain. First few times can be bad. I, erm, got a bit drunk, took some painkillers and went for it. I just have the odd fluffy hair under my arms now - barely there - and I epilate that once a week. So easy! And I had dark strong hair under there once....
    How do you epilate your armpits? Whenever I do it, I get skin caught in the tweezers and it's bloody and more painful than it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Flak View Post
    I don't have this problem, but had a friend who did. She used that Nair face crap one time, and ended up with a crusty, scabby upper lip for about 2 weeks. :O It was horrible!

My sister, who did not get the total blond swede genes, uses some sort of microwave wax.
    I've used the nair stuff and it worked quite well actually, and the regrowth was totally unnoticable.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information