Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So...I broke down and ordered ProActiv

Silver Member ChangingEventually's Avatar

Default So...I broke down and ordered ProActiv

Anything good or bad to say about it? I didn't think my skin was all that bad, especially with makeup on. But the other day, I was looking in my friend's mirror and she has this special one that gets all up close. Well, to say the least, it wasn't a pretty sight. So I FINALLY ordered some ProActiv about an hour ago and I'm a little nervous. I don't have all that much acne (well, not as much as I used to), but I have acne scars and my face is..bumpy. From what I can tell from the commercials, ProActiv will fix that along with getting me a record contract and world wide fame. Well, that's what Diddy said.

Has anyone here tried it? Did you have good results? Um, FAST results?

Bronze Member

I have been using it for about a year and still have acne. They actually just started giving me the extra-strength formula. It seems to be helping a little more.

For me, Proactiv gave me a different kind of acne. The kind that is under the skin(I guess thats how you would describe it?) and hurts. It looks like you got hit in the head. ha. I think the cleanser causes those b/c I googled it and I think someone said sometimes the beads in the cleanser gets stuck in your pores and causes those. And it DOES dry out my skin.

It seemed to work well for my sister though. Good luck!

ohhh. I guess this is what I get for just believing the commercials. I trusted them. Um...but from what I'm hearing from a few other people, it rarely doesn't work. Like, it works a lot of the time but there's always strange cases where it doesn't.

Does anyone know if it JUST clears acne? From what I seem to be seeing, it also helps with acne scars and bumpy uneven skin. Or am I just a wishful thinker?

And VR, thanks for your account of it. I hope your skin gets better.

Hit By Ban Bus!

My son needed it briefly about 2 years ago. It worked really fast, and I don't think he has to use it anymore. I guess he got lucky. But it did work fast.

I am kind of afraid to try it. I have sensitive skin. But I have heard great things about Pro Activ.

I only use the toner after washing my face and I LOVE it, it doesnt dry me out and keeps my skin perfectly clear

I love it, too. My kids & I have used it for about 2 years. I think it's the best stuff ever, and yes, it works fast.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Yay! Thanks for all the reports guys. Hmmm, I'm hoping it'll come tomorrow so I can at least have tried it a little before school on Monday. My friend who also tried it said that it took care of some pimples overnight for her.

What's great about it for me is that it doesn't dry my skin out like most acne products. I have really oily skin but benzoil peroxide still makes me dry & flaky, but that's never happened with proactiv.

The thing to remember is that you need to use it daily, and keep using it even when your skin clears up. Don't stop using it.

When you get the bottles, you'll think they're very small & that you won't have enough, but it just takes a tiny bit each time. My bottles last forever. I buy enough for one person & there are 3 of us who use it, & we never run out. In fact, I have 2 unopened boxes in the bathroom right now & this thread is reminding me that I need to go on the website & increase the amount of time between shipments.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

One of my bestfriends had the worst acne skin ever. She would not just only break out pimples and zits in one particular spot, the poor thing had it everywhere all over her face. I saw the ad for the Pro-active and suggested she tried it, 1 year later she is still using it and her face is clear of pimples...unfortunately the scars are still there

Ohhhhh that's sad about the scars. I was hoping it'd take care of scars too. What if you have uneven, bumpy skin? And HUGE pores you could serve jell-o out of? Does it help at all?

Im not sure, but you definately should give Pro-active a go. Im glad you bought it, I hope it works for you. When my friend first tried it, she said it was very harsh to her skin. She broke out in rashes but her pimples dissapeared, so she kept using it. After awhile her skin got used to the product and she has been using Pro-active ever since. As with the scars, she's thinking of getting chemical peels

See, my problem is that I got two chemical peels this summer and all was well...until the acne came back. And the acne was followed by the scars. So then I piled on the makeup to hide it, making it worse. I don't want to get more chemical peels because my derm said it wasn't healthy at my age to get so many, so really, ProActiv is my last choice.

my sister jenny said she liked it, it cleared her up.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Changing, don't forget to research and utilize vitamins and minerals to improve your skin. And of course drink lots of water, which I'm sure you've heard of. It may be that you're deficient in something. MSM is good for skin (and hair and nails), for starters. Also, I've heard the Omegas are good too ("Omega 3-6-9" for example), and the B Vitamins.

Here is what Earl Mindell, who wrote The Vitamin Bible says about treating acne:

MSM - 1,000 mg 2-3 times per day

Iodine - drastically lower your Iodine intake. Iodine worsens acne. Eliminate all processed foods - which are high in iodized salt - from your diet.

Multiple vitamin low in iodine

Vitamin A (Beta carotene, not the synthetic kind) - water-solubized only

Vitamin E - dry type only - 400-800 i.u. daily

Zinc - 50 mg. chelated type, take with food

Acidophilus liquid or caps - 1-3 times daily (1 tbsp., or 3-6 capsules)

Cysteine (not L-Cysteine), 1 gram daily an hour before meals with Vitamin C, 1,000 mg. 3 times a day

MSM Lotion, apply 3 times daily.

(Of course, if you are using the ProActiv then you would skip the MSM lotion. But if you didn't want to use the ProActiv for whatever reason, you could try it.)
    Last edited by Mira; April 8th, 2007 at 10:47 AM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information