Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trimming your eyelashes?

Eli

Default Trimming your eyelashes?

Is it okay to trim your eyelashes? A few of mine are extra long and I can see them, they get in the way of my vision and sometimes are really annoying...
    Was just wondering.

No! I mean-there is no actual reason I guess-apart from having scissors that close to your eye BUT just use a warmed under hot water eyelash curler & get the up and out of your way. This trim idea is a bit extreme!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Eli

Why? Does is damage them? I've done it before I was just wondering... I'm a guy, I don't want to curl my eyelashes! That's girls stuff! Besides it's only really one of two on each eye...
    Don't worry, I am very careful with the scissors.

I'd either curl them or go get someone else to trim them for you at a salon.

that's happened to me. it's not that they're too long but every once in a while i get a lash that grows downward and either gets in my eye or is right in my field of vision and annoys the hell out of me. i pluck them. (plucking upwards, i hear that helps them grow back in the right direction). seems safer than having pointy scissors that close to your eye.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Eli

Plucking??? Ouch!!

^^
    it's not too bad. your eyes just water a little but it doesn't really hurt.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

OH MY LORD! Do not pluck your eyelashes! For petes sake-do this:
    hold hot bathcloth over eyes few seconds. With one finger pointed towards the other side of your head press upward on eyelashes
    firmly for a few seconds, I just tried this to make sure-it works fine and is not so drastic! Point to consider: guys with long eyelashes are hot.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I'm trimming mine once in a while. They're extremely long and curly and rub against my eyelids, it's very unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    OH MY LORD! Do not pluck your eyelashes! For petes sake-do this:
    hold hot bathcloth over eyes few seconds. With one finger pointed towards the other side of your head press upward on eyelashes
    firmly for a few seconds, I just tried this to make sure-it works fine and is not so drastic! Point to consider: guys with long eyelashes are hot.
    it only happens once in a blue moon. i have a lot of lashes, very long and curly, and every once in a while one will grow downwards and literally stab my eye. i tried the waschloth thing, i tried getting it to stay up with mascara, etc... nothing else works sometimes. so i pluck it upwards and every time it grows back in the right place.
    but i would never trim eyelashes just because they are long. the longer the better! and i agree, guys with long lashes are hot!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I trim my lashes cuz I have longer lashes on my right eye than the left. And I also have more on the left so I also pluck the strays. I just want both sides to be uniform and symetrical.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Lil

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    every once in a while i get a lash that grows downward and either gets in my eye or is right in my field of vision and annoys the hell out of me.
    I have one black eyelash that comes out of the inner corner of my eye, and I pluck that out whenever it appears, and like you I sometimes get one that is growing the wrong way and that has to go too. Can't see a problem as long as you are careful.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    that's happened to me. it's not that they're too long but every once in a while i get a lash that grows downward and either gets in my eye or is right in my field of vision and annoys the hell out of me. i pluck them. (plucking upwards, i hear that helps them grow back in the right direction). seems safer than having pointy scissors that close to your eye.
    lol thats wat i do, exactly the same circumstances. it doesnt hurt at all because usually they are quite loose anyway.

Why would you trim them? STOP! Most of us don't have them to trim! I have to get fakes if I wanna look extra sexy. I agree with everyone who says to curl them.

Bronze Member

Trimming is generally better than tweezing for eyelashes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information