Thread: Has anyone here had plastic surgery?

Bronze Member

Question Has anyone here had plastic surgery?

If you're open to talking about it, please tell me what you did, are you pleased with the results, etc.
    I'm thinking about getting some work done, but I'm concerned about lots of scars and being unhappy with the results. Specifically, I'd like to get my nose done and maybe a chin implant, but I'm open to getting a few other things done if the results are worth it.

p.s. my apologies if this thread has already been done; I did a search on "plastic surgery" and didn't find anything.

I had a breast reduction almost two years ago. It was the best thing I have ever done. I am so pleased with the results.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Ok, ready? I've had a nose job, breast implants, and lipo on my outer thighs. The nose job turned out well. Not perfect, but definitely an improvement. The breasts turned out great. Not too big, not too small.

I'm most disappointed with the lipo, but I'll take partial blame for that. I used it as an excuse to eat like a pig and have gained 10-15 lbs since then. It did allow my stomach to stay flat even with the weight gain, but it's a little lumpy and I would never bare it in a bathing suit or anything. My doctor told me it can turn out lumpy if you're relatively thin and don't have a whole lotta fat in that area (I thought I had plenty, but oh well). I don't know if that's the truth or if he just did a lousy job, but my sister had it done with the same doctor and hers turned out perfect (bitch). I think when I get the implants removed or replaced in 10 years or so, I might get a tummy tuck and smooth that whole area out. That's another thing, he recommended a mini-tummy tuck because my skin was slightly stretched from pregnancies, but I declined and just went with the lipo. As a result, my skin is slightly loose around the belly button. Not like Courtney Love's or anything, but I can notice it.

I know I must sound like a shallow, plastic freak, but really, I'm just a normal, average looking person. I didn't do it to attract attention to myself or anything like that. You would never know I had it done (I think). I don't regret any of it, even though it didn't all turn out perfectly. I do like my appearance much more now, and that's the whole reason I had it done. So there you go.

I had what appeared to be either anthrax,brown recluse spider bite or one massive shingle over my left eye. It looked exactly like I had been shot point blank. Red & swollen all around the large black middle where skin had died-right to the bone. 3 weeks of horrible pain! The doctors-I saw 4-all disagreed as to the cause, but all agreed I had to have plastic surgery. Very sucessful! I still wear bangs, but you really have to LOOK to see anything. PS said just put moisturizer on it twice a day & NO hydrogen peroxide or anything else. Worked!
    Last year my 78 year old aunt decided to have breast reduction-no problem at ALL. Loves it. Only had to miss teaching 3 of her water aroebic classes! Hope this helps!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by tictac View Post
    Ok, ready? I've had a nose job, breast implants, and lipo on my outer thighs. The nose job turned out well. Not perfect, but definitely an improvement. The breasts turned out great. Not too big, not too small.
    know I must sound like a shallow, plastic freak, but really, I'm just a normal, average looking person. I didn't do it to attract attention to myself or anything like that. You would never know I had it done (I think). I don't regret any of it, even though it didn't all turn out perfectly. I do like my appearance much more now, and that's the whole reason I had it done. So there you go.

Haha, i am exactly the same way! I started with a breast reduction/lift over 10 years ago. Then a couple of years ago i had lipo of my hips and thighs and this past Aug i had a nose job.

No one would EVER know i've had anything done--in fact even the people i have told don't remember. I don't look perfect, or supermodelly, i am just a normal person. I've found with plastic surgery that you have to go for improvement, not perfection, because perfection isn't possible, and you'll be disappointed. You also have to be prepared that the end result might be worst in some ways than the original problem--for instance, i made my breast TOO small, lol. Implants maybe?

I did everything for myself and am totally happy i did it and don't regret anything.

Thread Information