Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair help needed

Default Hair help needed

So I went to get my hair done last night. I have medium brown hair with caramel highlights. I wanted to go a bit lighter...Well now I have pale red hair and blond highlights...I am soooo freaking out... What do I do????

anyone with hair experience, how long do I have to wait before getting it dyed again?? I know she bleached the highlights but she didn't bleach the rest of my hair.
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Aww honey... you have my condolences. I recently had a hair colour change that I hated and I'm still not sure what to do about it. Hopefully there's a hairdresser on Gr who can give you some sound advice?

P.S It never looks as bad as YOU think it does so don't panic.
    Curiouser and curiouser...

I wish I could go to work with a hat on today
    "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

You could try a semi permanent hair colour to cover it up temporarily until you go see a professional to have it fixed. Something like Natural Instinct? I don't know how much it will be able to mask the pale blonde and red bits but you could give it a try. I'd think that semi permanent colour is more gentle to your hair so maybe you wouldn't need to worry about further damage. OR you should go back to your hairdresser and tell them you are not happy with the results and demand to get it fixed and also ask them to give your hair a deep conditioning treatment. Oh and I think there is a colour depositing rinse you can get from a drugstore, too. It comes in this pink bottle I think...

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Thanks for the advice. I don't know maybe it's just me freaking out as I've never had pale hair before. Maybe I'm just not used to it... I took some pics I'll post them for you guys...

Here is what it looks like. By the way I just took them and it's 5:30AM here so I just woke up and I'm in my pj.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I'd want to see what it looks like from the front

But from the back, well, it looks like the crown area the hair colour looks kinda brassy and uneven? Sorry I don't mean to make you feel bad. Maybe it was your camera's flash that accentuated the top part of your head. If you really don't like to go to work with this hair, put it in a pony tail or a bun (<-- I guess that looks more professional?)

Did you ask for chunky highlights? (= foils) or thin high lights (= cap)?

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I think the girl left the bleach in my highlights too long, grrr...

For the pic of what it looks like from the front you'll have to wait an hour or so, I need to get ready before lol. No I didn't ask for chunky highlights. I asked for thin ones that looked natural. They still do it with a foil but they weave through strands leaving hair out. It doesn't seem like she did it very well.

Okay so here are the frontal pics (which I hate posting as I haven't lost any of my maternity weight yet...)

I really think it looks pretty nice, Marie. You're probably just not used to it. If anything, it looks like a few highlights might be a little lighter than you wanted, but the overall effect is cute and flattering. You could try going back to the salon and asking them to put a toner on the lightest highlights for a few minutes - that would tone it down and even out the colour. You could even go the opposite route and have a few more thin highlights put in elsewhere - it looks like the colourist only did the very top layer, which is what is making the transition between light and dark look a little less subtle.

But to be perfectly honest, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I guarantee you it looks good.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I would say wait for about 6 weeks. Don't add more dye and ruin your hair completely

I think it looks okay! In the places where its too light I think you should call your hairdresser and ask about coming back in and have her put on a toner. When I used to get highlights my hair would come out too brassy after bleaching, I had to use toner to make it look more of a caramel color. Good luck! You're beautiful, by the way!
    Last edited by january; March 30th, 2007 at 11:46 AM.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Wow! I do like it Marie
    However, if you're not happy with it, go back & talk to your hairdresser. If you let her know that it wasn't want you wanted or expected & see if between both of you, you can find a solution.
    Good Luck Sweetie! (even if it looks cute to us!)

Thanks for the advice everyone. I called the salon and they'll be re-doing the highlights tomorrow. On the pics my hair looks darker then what it is now and the blonde is sort of orangy. They said as long as no bleach is added to my hair it shouldn't ruin it.

Elite Member

marie i don't know anything helpful about your hair color (i live in a different world as mine is jet jet black lol) but your front pic looks so cute, and i like your eye make-up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information