Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Eyebrow waxing gone wrong, please, someone needs to relate!

Default Eyebrow waxing gone wrong, please, someone needs to relate!

I've never waxed my eyebrows, always plucked and never had a problem. Today i went to get my eyebrows waxed and oh my god, what a difference. I dont even feel like myself anymore! She waxed it in a shape that i just hate. And they are super thin, which i also hate. I cant wait for my eyebrows to grow back! Anyone relate? Ever had an eyebrow disaster? I keep looking in the damn mirror now because i cant get used to them!

Don't worry, they'll grow back, just be patient. And probably steer clear of waxing in the future. Plucking is better for shaping eyebrows anyway.

I've overplucked mine once or twice, and hated the result-eyebrows have such a huge impact on how your features look.

my only eyebrow tragedy was when i was waxing my own and a bit of wax ran and i ended up ripping off half my eyebrow. i brushed my fringe into a side part that fell over my messed up eyebrow and i used some hairspray so that my fringe would stay put. It grew back but now i am extremely careful with my wax.

I tend to avoid pro eyebrow waxers there is something that they do that always gives me a rash around my eyebrows.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

A few times I overplucked my eyebrows too.

You know how it happens? I do the right one, then when I do the left it comes out thinner than the right, so I adjust the right, then I have to adjust the left again, and so on, until I realise I've just gone too far!

While you wait for them to grow back use an eyebrow pencil to make them look a bit fuller.
    Just make sure you draw them very lightly with small touches and you don't use the pencil as if it was an eyeliner!

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    eyebrows have such a huge impact on how your features look.
    I know! its amazing.
    My grandma draws her eyebrows on and its hilarious because when shes drawing it, she raises the eyebrow so its got that high arch look, and then the other one is straight across.

She looks ridiculous! My brothers always crack up everytime they see her. My mum tried to tell her it looked stupid and that she needs to draw them even, but she gets defensive, so mums like 'fine look like an idiot then'.

Oh well, if my eyebrows grow as fast as my goddamn lower leg hair, i'll be alright.
    Fran2 likes this.

I hate to mention this, but lots of woman overdid their eyebrow plucking back when it was a fad & never did it regrow! You will know pretty quick if you have a prob!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    I know! its amazing.
    My grandma draws her eyebrows on and its hilarious because when shes drawing it, she raises the eyebrow so its got that high arch look, and then the other one is straight across.

She looks ridiculous! My brothers always crack up everytime they see her. My mum tried to tell her it looked stupid and that she needs to draw them even, but she gets defensive, so mums like 'fine look like an idiot then'.

Oh well, if my eyebrows grow as fast as my goddamn lower leg hair, i'll be alright.

lol my gram did the same thing...and it was so hard not to look at them...now my aunt (her daughter) does the same, she works with me so i get to see them every single day...she over plucked when she was young, and they never grew back

ive over plucked plenty of times..and it really sucks because you know it..and wonder if everyone else you see notices or not..they will grow back in no time
    http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...ley_cheers.gif
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Bronze Member

At least you didn't do what my cousin did- she was using Nair on her legs, and her bangs were bugging her, so she wiped them back off her face, forgetting she still had Nair on her hands. Boom! There went her eyebrow! The whole thing was gone! Still haven't figured out how she didn't feel that stuff burning on her face until it was too late.

^Good lord, thats horrible!
    I really hate being female sometime; a guy loses an eyebrow and he's awesome because it's hilarious. A girl does and its 'ewww what happened to her'.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumbingQueen View Post
    At least you didn't do what my cousin did- she was using Nair on her legs, and her bangs were bugging her, so she wiped them back off her face, forgetting she still had Nair on her hands. Boom! There went her eyebrow! The whole thing was gone! Still haven't figured out how she didn't feel that stuff burning on her face until it was too late.
    Never even thought this one could happen!!!Too funny now, I'm sure!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I got my eyebrows threaded a couple of months ago. I think the threading method has more control over how to shape your eyebrows than waxing cuz waxing is done so quick with just one pull.

I was quite happy with my end result and the threading lady was really nice. I have a thread in here about it titled I hate my eyebrows.

My eyebrows are thin at the ends so I still have to draw them in...hate that.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Moomies what is threading?

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I think it's like Indian/Middle Eastern esthetic technique of plucking facial hair.

Looks like this.

WHAT IS THREADING?
    By using a piece of thread, hair can be removed swiftly yet meticulously from the most delicate areas of the face. Facial threading is the best alternative to waxing and tweezing, especially for sensitive skin. Unlike waxing, threading does not remove a layer of skin, which may cause sun damage. Threading is by far the least invasive method of facial hair removal, leaving the skin clean and smooth.
    Originated in the Middle East, threading has been practiced for centuries. Only a handful of salons and spas offer this exclusive service. Due to the lack of training programs available, many skin care professionals either do not know about threading or are unfamiliar with the process of threading. Enessa has taken the traditional method of threading a step further, by combining it with aromatherapy skin preparations for optimum results.

HOW DOES IT WORK?
    By knotting the thread and creating a trap, hairs are caught and forced out by the root. The rapid back and forth movement, removes the hair in efficient manner. Depending upon the client's needs, hair can be removed individually or a few at the time.

BENEFITS OF THREADING VS. WAXING:
    Does not peel off a layer of skin.
    Hair does not grow back as fast.
    Skin does not get as red and irritated.
    Can pull out individual hairs.
    Hair does not need to be long, but just above the skin.
    Will not produce more hairs or make hairs stronger.
    Will pick up the finest hairs from the skin surface
    Leaves skin smooth

Threading is an acquired skill that one must learn from a trained professional. It is a craft that requires time and practice in order to perfect. Threading is an art form, creating clean lines with precision while refining the appearance of the face. Threading is the answer for those who are looking for a natural and beneficial technique of hair removal.

Enessa Aromatherapy

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Thats interesting, first time I'd ever heard of it.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    I know! its amazing.

i would also recommend tweezing or threading more than waxing, i think the results are better..

when i was in high school i bleached one of my eyebrows blonde for fun..i have dark skin and jet-black hair..i looked dreadful..and then it was half-blonde and half-black for a while..my mom just couldn't believe it lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information