Thread: dramatic hair changes

Default dramatic hair changes

Does anyone else get the urge to dramatically change their hair every once and a while?

Last year, I wanted to shave my head. Instead, I cut off over a foot of it and donated it (my hair was almost to my butt and very curly). Now that it's shorter, I find my self wanting to just go nuts and bleach it so I can dye it fun colors, especially since I've never done ANYTHING to it ever.

Default Re: dramatic hair changes

If I do anything to my hair, it's a dramatic change. I've never kept the same hairstyle for very long. I dye my hair, it grows out, I dye it a new colour. I cut it short, I let it grow long, then I cut it short again. I just never upkeep anything! Lol. Just keep on changing.

As long as you don't have a job that prevents it, i say do whatever crazy shit to your hair that you want.

I cut all my hair off once, in high school. It was horrible and liberating all at once. It didn't look good on me, but showers were quicker!

I've dyed it a bunch of colors, the wildest being bright magenta streaks. It was great and I got loads of compliments on it.

Now my hair is dark, dark purple, but it's really almost black, so no one really notices the purple unless I'm in direct sunlight.

I want to stop dyeing my hair. I can't afford a stylist anymore so I've been doing it myself, and it blows goats. Problem is my naturally dark auburn hair looks terrible on me; I look like a waif. Ah, the dilemma!

I'm a huge baby about my hair. I just went yesterday to the salon because I stupidly dyed my own hair (first time in probably 10 yrs) and I just completely damaged it, and it looked horrible. So my hairdresser fixed it and cut it a bit and it looks great! I actually did get a bunch cut off a few months ago, and I really liked it, but I just cannot bring myself to doing it again....I hate change....

I once cut my hair to my jaw and i hated it, so i let it grow out to my lower back. And I just cut it the first time a few months ago and i loved it! I loved it so much i actually cut even shorter a few weeks ago.

I've gone through probably every color and every length of hair. To me, anything you do to your hair is just temporary. You cut it off, it'll grow back. You dye it one color, you can dye it another.

I cut my hair from probably about halfway down my back to just about nothing a little over a year ago. The back of my hair was shaved at a 3, and i spiked the stuff on the top. I LOVED it for a long time, showers were fast, it took no time to do my hair, it was practically dry from towel drying alone. But, I missed ponytails, so I'm growing it back a bit now. I get the feeling I'm going to forget that idea after a bit and go for a more angled cut when it gets to the right length (longer in front than in back, front at a little more than chin length, back stacked above the hairline). I've also settled at burgundy for my standard hair color right now, I'm not doing as much rainbow jumping.

Thread Information