Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make-up brushes

Default Make-up brushes

Has anyone here ever invested in good make-up brushes? I'm thinking about buying a good set and quit using whatever I get in a free gift.

What brand did you buy, what brand do you recommend and/or what brand have you heard the best things about?

What brushes are essential basics and which ones are unnecessary unless you're a professional?
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

I've bought some good ones, but mostly drugstore varieties. I hear MAC has a good set, Bobbi Brown does too but they are more pricey. The good ones last forever though, so they are worth it. Get the best you can afford.

Lil

I have the Bobbi Brown set. I bought them in Singapore about eight years ago and paid in dollars what they cost in pounds at home. I think they were about £150. They have been very good, and aren't showing any signs of wear yet.
    A big boy did it and ran away.

I need to start stashing my pennies away if I get the Bobbi Brown brushes! They do look like they'd be good brushes and if they last for years without much wear, they'd be worth it, I think.

I don't see any brushes in there that I wouldn't really know what to do with - like a fan brush for example. I can't see what I'd ever need one of those for.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Zee

I have the Bobbi Brown set and several Mac Brushes. I'm very fortunate to have been given the majority of the brushes as Christmas gifts from vendors in the business.

My favorites that I would buy are the Mac fiber foundation brushes and eyeshadow shader brushes
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

I've used different brushes and now stick with Sephora's line. They are pretty inexpensive too.

Silver Member Green-eyed-hottie's Avatar

I've got Posh by Upstage (sold in drugstores) they are very good...
    "Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way"

Gosh, my blusher brush is so old that I don't even know who its by? I think it's a Boots the Chemist (UK drugstore chain); it was about a fiver - what - 15 years ago.... I make sure I wash it regularly & leave it to dry.
    My latest purchase was a powder brush & a eyeshadow blender brush by the bodyshop woman from Tescos (supermarket chain).

They weren't expensive, but I do go for natural hair not synthetic. Also, I use a little shampoo on them to wash them regularly.....

I used to use ordinary paint brushes..... cheaper.... student discount & all...

(I can't afford to spend that kind of money on cosmetic brushes... and I've only just graduated from sponges & applicators.....)

I like MAC and Chanel, I've heard that Laura Mercier's brushes are also good.

I use MAC brushes and a few Sephora brushes. For lower end brushes, I use Sonia Kashuk.

The tools are important. They do make the applying easier and prettier.:p

I heard good things about Chanel brushes too. I do not like Bobbi Brown's. The hair is too stiff. I'm afraid they'll scratch my face.

Me, Maybelline.

They're soft and last for ages, they're easy to clean and tough. Plus, you can find them easily when you have to buy a new one.
    I remember my bronzer brush, which is the biggest one in the set, costed me around 8,00 GBP. I don't know if it's expensive, but the smaller they are the less they cost. I reckon you can have a set without spending a fortune and they all are professional tools, IMO.

You can visit their website.

Silver Member

I use the Sonia Kashuk line of brushes at Target. I loooooooooooove them. Have had them for years and have not had to replace any of them. They are super affordable, so you can splurge on several.

I vote for the Bobbi Brown set as well. I have all of them and have had them for several years now and they look and feel the same as the first day I bought them. Just make sure you wash them at least once or twice a month with baby shampoo and let them airdry standing upright.

i have a 45$ mac brush that i use for my powder and blush/bronzer. I find that if you spend a lot of money on a brush ,its worth it, but only if you use it for a few things. I wouldn't buy a seperate brush for my bronzer and powder.

Elite Member

I HATE M.A.C. make-up brushes. I think they're such a rip-off. The hair sheds and every morning I'd be trying to wipe loose brush hairs off my face. I'll never buy brushes from them again. I like the brand from the Sephora store...good quality and they don't shed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information