Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: When did your body start to sag?

Default When did your body start to sag?

Ladies, I recently heard that the female body begins to degenerate at the age of 25yrs, and its over the next five year that most women will see the biggest change in their bodies in terms of shape, size, weight and gravitational pull!

So I have a few questions for the ladies here of any age.

1. When did you first notice that your body started to sag, (if it has at all)?

2. At which stage in your life were you hapiest with your body shape?

3. Have you always been confident with your body?

4. I've recently heard that having a child destroys your figure. If you've had children, what impact did this have on your body?

5. And if any men read this, how do you *honestly* feel about the sagging process in yourself, and your female partners?

I'm 28, so I guess I'm qualified to answer!

Honestly not until 2 years ago (age 26), after birth of second son and breastfeeding him for a year.

About the age of 23. I had a son at age 21, but my body bounced back almost immediately. From 23 to 26 I was happiest with my body (although it was far from perfect, it had curves from childbirth that I'd never had before).

No, I started disliking my body in high school. And I really hate my body right at the moment. Never was the same, and didn't bounce back, after second baby.

4. I've recently heard that having a child destroys your figure. If you've had children, what impact did this have on your body?

Well, I've already touched on that above, and in my case, just a few years made a big difference (body bounced back like a breeze when I was 21). The stretch marks were traumatic, but I've dealt with them. I wouldn't say that giving birth destroys your body, but I will say that your body will never be the same. In some ways better (in my case more curves) and in some ways worse (stretch marks will never go away, as well as the loose-skin-pooch).

Of course, every woman's body handles it all a little differently.

5. And if any men read this, how do you *honestly* feel about the sagging process in yourself, and your female partners?

Of course my husband tells me I'm more sexy than ever because he sure doesn't want to be cut off from sex.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

I'm 37. Maybe breasts slightly, but they were never the type that jutted straight out from my chest so I'm not sure there's a significant difference. Metabolism did slow significantly at 25, so I had to stop eating like a growing teenager.
    Now
    It comes and goes, but I started working out in my late 20s and I think I've been more confident since then.
    I have children but haven't given birth to them myself. So I can't answer that. Judging from friends and family, a lot depends on how you take care of yourself before and during. People who were in shape before and didn't eat for two adults while pregnant lose the weight faster, though the shape of their body is still changed.

Let's see... 28 w/no kids. I got fake boobs so no sagging thus far... although it was happening prior to that (per my PS saying so). I work out 6 days a week and restrict my diet so I haven't noticed too much. Although I have the body type where if I don't work out more than fricken 5days a week I blow up. I guess I am curvy that way. It's a lot of work. I hope I don't slack off as I get older. But yea, I heard everyone's metabolism drastically reduces after the age of 30. Sucks, b/c 30 is still young.

I'm 43 but I look and have the body of a much younger person...I don't know how much of that is genetics or just my life style...I have never fluxuated much in weigh (I've been 104 lbs since jr high) I love to eat but I've never liked junk food,soda,candy etc.never smoked,don't drink (anymore ) and have always been athletic.I only gained 13 LBS when I was pregnant,so no major changes there.

I've always been confident in myself but not necessarily because of the way I look (though I have to say I like myself better now than I have at any other stage I my life)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by bella View Post

Ladies, I recently heard that the female body begins to degenerate at the age of 25yrs, and its over the next five year that most women will see the biggest change in their bodies in terms of shape, size, weight and gravitational pull!

So I have a few questions for the ladies here of any age.
    its starting to.....
    5 years ago... a still feel good... (a little bit)
    no.... well maybe sometimes
    made me more curvy... and enjoy it
    he still loves me know matter what...wasn't too crazy about the really skinny phase.

Elite Member

-Late 20s, right after I had my son. The only thing that sags/droops a little are my breasts. Nothing else is really sagging (I think).

-I was happiest when I was 30 shortly after I had my son b/c I worked damn hard to get back in shape after pregnancy. I would be happy now but for the fact that I didn't keep up with regular workouts this summer. But I'm gradually getting back on-track.

-Overall yes, but there have been times where I was less confident than others. My body image fluctuates depending on whether I'm taking care of myself by working out regularly, eating well, etc. It's not so much dependent on age but on maintainence.

-Total myth. Childbirth doesn't mess up your body; lack of exercise and poor diet does that, no matter what your age. The only impact of pregnancy was slightly droopier breasts, but even that's not that noticeable. No other changes.

Moral of story: We have more control over aging, our health and our looks than we think we do. Regular exercise and a heathy diet are the true Fountains of Youth.

My breasticles are already starting to sag a little, but I'm 30 and I'm a solid C cup...so I'm not surprised. I may have a tit job after having kids.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer View Post

-Total myth. Childbirth doesn't mess up your body; lack of exercise and poor diet does that, no matter what your age. The only impact of pregnancy was slightly droopier breasts, but even that's not that noticeable. No other changes.

]
    hey now, i don't have kids, but i am well aware that kids do cause stretch marks (which are permanent), saggy skin that a lot of times will not snap back into shape (pooch) and often times major differences in breast tissue. maybe you were just lucky?

Elite Member

^ Maybe it was luck. No pregnancy-induced stretch marks or pooch. But droopier breasts.

I just wanted to underscore that we have more control over our appearance and health throughout our lives than we realize.

I'm so jealous of the women who don't get stretch marks! I still remember the day I noticed them in the mirror (couldn't see that part of my belly by simply looking down at that point, but in the mirror they glared out at me). I was about 7 mos pregnant, and thought I'd lucked out until then. They just seemed to rip open overnight. I cried.

Elite Member

^ a few stretch marks doesn't look bad. Most every women has some on some part of their body.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
    ^ a few stretch marks doesn't look bad. Most every women has some on some part of their body.
    stretch marks aren't a bad thing... it shows that you are a real human being and not a fake and plastic person.

I don't mind them now. They're a pretty silvery-shiny color and they are a badge of honor, I suppose.

Gold Member

Mine started sagging after having my son and it didn't help that I had to have my gallbladder removed about 3 months after having him.

Probably when I was a teenager wearing a size 3 and was only a C cup.

My confidence seems to be directly related to what I'm wearing. I don't really care how I look in the shower, no one else is seeing me. If I'm dressed in something that fits good and looks good, I feel good about the way I look.

I wouldn't say that having a child destroys your figure but it will change it. I now have hips that I did not have before. It also depends on what kind of shape you were in prior to childbirth. I carried too much weight in my midsection so I have this droopy pooch. I have stretchmarks, but considering that I'm a pale Irish girl with a pooch, I'm not going to be out in a two piece anytime soon, I took the stretchmarks over the hemorrhoids. I also nursed my son until he was about 20 months and my breasts are just where they always were. Too big and too low, right now I'm a 40DDD, which if you saw me you would never believe it, but that is the truth. I used to be a 36DDD about 7 years ago, I've gradually gained some weight around the back. And, since I'm so big busted, I can't go without a bra, so I just buy a really good bra and they look great and they sit where I put them. Like I said, I mostly carry it in the midsection and now into my butt. When I had my gallbladder out, I started to sag in my stomach area even more. I don't know if that would have happened if I had to have it out before pregnancy or not.

Ok, I can speak for my hubby on this because we've talked about it. I'm not happy with the way I look because I know it's not healthy for me, he's not happy with it because it makes me unhappy and he knows that it's not healthy for me either. I caught him one time making a face when we were talking and I called him on it. My feelings were hurt but that's when we talked and came to an understanding of what the other was thinking. Plus, he's 31 to my 27 and he's never been in peak form.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information