Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pale vs tan

Default Pale vs tan

I've noticed in the last few days that I've been going to the beach and coming home with colour, i feel better, and healthier. I've noticed that people seem to associate pale with being ill and tanned with being healthy. In the past I've embraced being pale. I have olive skin that tans but i didnt go out in the sun often and was never crazy about having a tan so i was always white. So i was wondering what everyone thought; pale or tan? What would you rather be, what do you think looks better? I go to the beach and i see a tanned girl and i think its a nice look, but then theres skin like Dita Von Teese, and i find that lovely as well.....

It depends. I wouldn't want to be orange but a healthy golden brown is always gorgeous. People with nice, even tans seem to glow.
    Dont Feed The Models
    JuicyLucy

SVZ

depends on their coloring. when some people get tan they just look dirty

i think it depends i'm olive skinned as well but pale now because I just don't have time to get out and was pregnant all summer and didn't leave the a/c vents lol but i know some light skinned people all of my kids lol and they have the most beautiful skin Mel is also very light skinned and i've always thought she had a really pretty complexion
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Pale.

There's really no such thing as a safe tan. Even if you don't get skin cancer, most people will end up with a lot of premature aging and serious wrinkles and damage.

I say most, because every now and again there is someone who tans a lot and manages to dodge both the cancer and leather-bag o' skin bullet and looks great for long past they should. They're the exception and not the rule, in my experience, though.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

SVZ

There's fake tans, the tendency to go orange however is because people use too much.

OCD

I have porcelain skin, when I "tan" I get freckles, burn and turn crunchy raunchy reddish orange and look like I got washed up at sea.

So I think it depends.

Elite Member

tan all the way haha

i am naturally very tan tho LOL

i'm naturally very pale and i don't really tan. i have to wear sunscreen and a hat and avoid prolongued exposure. the most i get is a nice natural glow by the end of the summer.
    i think it depends on your natural colouring. some people look great tan, others look orange or dirty. and fake tans are horrible. i think what looks best is your natural colouring and whatever colour you get from being outdoors (with sunscreen). lying in the sun slathered in oil, baking, is unhealthy and gross and even if you don't get cancer, you'll age horribly.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Well there is a lot of benefits you get from just being in the sun for a little while. Vitamin K. The sun helps the body absorb other nutrients better as well. I belive calcuim and vitamin D. And just the light itself can help thwart depression.

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

well, i know it's not healthy but i love the tanning bed and having color!
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

I love the luck of tanned skin (I'm sorry I just cannot say 'tan' as a adjective, it's just not right!), but I don't tan at all, so I'm stuck with pale using fake tan.

I tan pretty easily and I'm still paranoid about skin cancer. My mom is darker than I am, and in her time nobody worried about skin cancer. They used to rub baby oil/iodine over themselves and bake in the sun. She lived in Fla for years and would walk outside with nothing (no sunscreen/lotion) on without even thinking about it because she never burned. Then a few years ago back in her 50's she had a couple of moles removed and one was actually precancerous.

I probably haven't had anywhere near the amount of unprotected exposure that she had, but I did used to do the tanning beds from age 18-25. I went once a week year round because it came with my gym memebership, kept my skin clear and made me feel and look better. But I quit it over 10 years ago after my mom had those moles removed.

Still think I look better with a little bit of a tan. But I mostly do sunless. In the last two years I've let myself start getting a tan from the sun. But I do it gradually, starting out the spring with 30+ sunscreen and by the summer I'm using 8-15. It takes longer, and I don't get anywhere near as dark as I used to be on a regular basis even by the end of summer. But I think some sun is actually good for you as long as you're using some level of protection and not overdoing it.

If I was naturally pale and burned easily I definitely would not bother. But most of these type of people look good/better pale anyway.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I'm very fair. I like my coloring to vary with the season (hair as well as skin). I actually can get really tan, but this year I've decided to just do the 'light tan' that you get from using Jergen's Glow 2x per week. It's soft color, not orange and not bright. I am sick of seeing light people turn the color of peanut butter. I'm really enjoying seeing the fair celebs liek ScarJo and Dita as well as Reese who look so classy, femenine, and elegant. Work what you've got is all I know.
    Strangely, it seems that the lighter I am the more attention I get from deeper skinned guys.

I am pale. When I attempt to tan, I turned red for a day and then go back to white. Tanning beds don't work. My only option is bottle tan.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information