Thread: Looking for herbal products

Bronze Member

Default Looking for herbal products

Hi,
    ...looking for some real good natural cosmetics to help my skin. Tried with applying some known chemicals. My skin is dark and now it sags and lately I have started noticing marks and patches at places.
    Home made natural recipes are what I have tried but they donít do well. I need something else. I want my skin to be nourished not anything artificial.

Elite Member

face masks might help..i've tried oatmeal, honey ones..

SVZ

Good ol Vaseline, as natural and non-irritating as you can get. Just don't use too much. Also try upping your excercise

SVZ, I've been meaning to tell you that after reading so many recommendations from you for vaseline I started putting it around the outside of my eyes where I have really fine lines. Really I'd just put it on my lips and then what was left on my finger I'd smear up there. Nothing fancy and not very much. I've been doing that for about four months now and I can't help but think maybe they're fainter? It might be wishful thinking, but I think they might be a bit better.

SVZ

If you want something that really works get a prescription for Retin-A, it causes your skin to exfoliate and "unstick". It's one of the very, very few topicals that actually has studies to back up it's effectiveness.

Also sunscreen

Elite Member

i agree about the sunscreen and heavy moisturizers like olive oil and vaseline can help too...they work...

Rose oil in a % oil suspension (such as jojoba) is good for dry / mature skin. You may also find that this reduces the patches. (2/3/4 drops for the whole face & neck)
    I also use rose water (from the baking isle) to remove my makeup or as a toner.
    I use shea butter on my feet, knees & elbows; & salt/suger as an exfoliator on these spots.

Elite Member

i have heard good things about rose water..also mud masks and if you are looking for something for your hair, i'd recommend henna..i am a henna fan

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have switch to using natural products for a while now and am using herbal product to help cleared my acne and milia problems . It worked really well for me and am please with the results cos it has made such a difference to the texture of my skin. *spam removed*
    Last edited by NoDayButToday; February 27th, 2007 at 06:39 PM.

Gold Member

Your local Whole Food Store should have an area on natural body.

Quote Originally Posted by xoxo View Post
    i have heard good things about rose water..also mud masks and if you are looking for something for your hair, i'd recommend henna..i am a henna fan
    Well rose essential oil (which is incredibly expensive), is a natural promotor of healing.
    I make my own shower gel combinations by adding rosemary oil to a natural ready make shower gel base. (violet, juniper & black pepper is nice too) Or sometimes ginger/black pepper when I have a cold & olbas oil to the floor of my shower when I'm all bunged up.

I take pity on my friends & make it for them too when they're poorly or need a hug in a bottle!

Thread Information