Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permanent makeup

Bronze Member

Question Permanent makeup

Have you ever had permanent makeup procedures done on yourselves?

What was it like?

Was it worth it?

I am thinking of the finest possible line close to the eyelashes, eyelash tint (brown, not too dark, either) and maybe lipstick... a natural shade.. mind you, I have lips that are so so pale, without pigment in it, almost, that with my pale skin I look as a ghost. I don't want to look with lipstick, just show that I have lips!

Experiences, thoughts?

Elite Member

I'm not sure how old you are but my thought on this from seeing a few people who've had it done around here is that some of these things (eyeliner, lipstick, lipliner) kind of age them? These girls were in their teens, though.

Eyelash colorong sounds like a great idea. As a fellow blondie, I know this would make things a helluva lot easier in the morning and during crap days when I don't want to put on makeup or want to exercise.

Never. Never, never, never. I can't do that stuff. Might work out great for some people but I can't bring myself to do it. I like change, I appreciate changing my look with my mood. I'm albino-pale too but I'd hate having the same make-up everyday for the rest of my life.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    Never. Never, never, never. I can't do that stuff. Might work out great for some people but I can't bring myself to do it. I like change, I appreciate changing my look with my mood. I'm albino-pale too but I'd hate having the same make-up everyday for the rest of my life.
    Yeah I just thought of that, also. Is it your every day routine to put on all the liners and lipstick? If so, go for it.

But do you ever wear pale shadows? Lipgloss? I guess it can be covered, though.

Please think long and hard about this, it's on your face and if it's done wrong or you hate it there is nothing you can do! I live in southern California (land of the vain) and I went with my friend to her consultation at a respectable permanent makeup office and oh my God some of it doesn't look natural at all! Don't get your lips done, it really looks like crayon and if doesn't look great you will always have to wear lipstick to cover it up. It looks like you always have "out on the town" lipstick on and it is no way natural. Plus I learned that you can't pick a natural or light lip shade because it will fade and be pointless, so you have to pick a color that is darker than you think. My friend wanted her lips and eyebrows done, and she ended up changing her mind after seeing pictures and people in the office with the permanent makeup on their face. Do you research and visit offices for pictures and talk with people who have had this done before you go through with it. Make sure this is what you want because if it looks bad people are going to notice it everytime they look at you. And if you still want to go through with it once you have researched it then you will feel confident in your decision.

Good luck in whatever you decide!!

P.S. I am sure you are beautiful just the way you are now.

Tammy Faye Baker had permanant make-up tattooed on. That's enough to drive me away from that idea.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

The people I've known that had the permanent eyeliner put on when it was more in style look ridiculous now. Think long and hard before you do it. Plus what color looks good now might look pathetic when you are older, i.e. too dark etc

SVZ

The ink fades apparently too like the black turns to blue/grey

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I think some esthetics places do SEMI-permanent makeup which would fade in a few month. Just do some research for places like that in your area.

Lash and brow tint is semi-permanent.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
    The people I've known that had the permanent eyeliner put on when it was more in style look ridiculous now. Think long and hard before you do it. Plus what color looks good now might look pathetic when you are older, i.e. too dark etc
    Yeah, that's the main reason I wouldn't consider it either. The only makeup I tend to wear is black eyeliner, and a procedure like that would probably save me fuss, but I'm 27 now-who knows whether I'll like/look good in black eyeliner when I'm say, 55?

i'd go for the eyelash tint. i've done that before (the curse of blonde lashes) and it's awesome. i want to do it again but i'm also afraid the dye will dry out or damage my lashes so i wouldn't do it more than once a year.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'd never consider permanent makeup procedures because I actually enjoy putting on makeup;it's one of my favorite parts of the day. I don't think I would do the permanent eyeliner thing because that could end look up freaky over time. There's a rather prominent fellow in my town who had the procedure done, and he apparently looks pretty weird with it. I mean he's involved in the arts, but I think his intention was to look pretty, not creepy.

As far as the eyelash tinting is concerned, very interesting, though I think "the curse of blonde lashes" is a small price to pay for being a natural blonde.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    Tammy Faye Baker had permanant make-up tattooed on. That's enough to drive me away from that idea.
    No kidding.

Needles have no business anywhere around my eye and I'm like edie and actully enjoy putting on my make-up every day.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

My sister had permanent eyeliner put on her lower lid when she was quite young, like 19. She always wore eyeliner, so I never actually noticed the difference, or notice it now. It's been 16 years! Wow! She likes it still. I'm seeing her tonight, so I'll try to remember to take note and see if it looks dated.

So does it look dated?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information