Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Tattoos

Default Tattoos

Hi, I'm looking forward to get a tattoo. I'm not really into those big black scary creatures like skulls and so on.
    I'd rather get a small little star (or star drop) on the back of my neck, on my wrist or on my ankle.
    Are you tattooed? How did you choose it/them? Here are some I like, they are Britney's. What do you think?
    1) NECK
    http://www.tattoos-by-design.co.uk/c...d=90&tattoo=68

2) HAND
    http://www.starsareblind.com/wp-cont...ART31219_1.jpg

3) WRIST
    http://www.vanishingtattoo.com/tattoo/celeb-spears.htm

4) FOOT (beware, trash post K-Fed Britney pic!)
    http://cityrag.blogs.com/main/2006/0...rma_needl.html

http://hollywoodbackwash.com/tags/br...w-foot-tattoo/

I think you should avoid doing any and everything Britney has ever done. Seriously, don't just get a tat cos you think it' "cute", get it cos it has meaning to you (just not a BF's name!), cos a few years down the line what was cute and charming may be not so much anymore. My advice, too, would be to get a henna of what you want where you're thinking of getting it and see how you feel about the way it looks. Word of warning - I've heard ankle/foot ones hurt worse than child birth, so if you decide to get it there, be prepared.

Hit By Ban Bus!

i think tatoos on the hand look not good. like you did them in jail or something. hehe.

i would like to get an om symbol on the back of my neck. scared to though.

i think they look nice on the foot.

I love tatoos, and also am looking forward to getting my first one, when I can afford it and have the time.

I agree with what DeChayz said- get one that means something to you. It could be anything or anywhere, but make sure it's something you can live with for the rest of your life.

Remember what looks cool now on a 20 something body may not look so great on a 60 something body.

I don't know what I will be getting, but I know it will be something that (for me) symbolizes my love for my children.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!
    I've always known I was born to dominate your sex and avenge my own.

Elite Member

I'm trying to design the tattoo I want to get to symbolise my struggle and my eventual recovery. Its hard to really know what symbolises it all.
    "Don't think that sticking your boobs out and trying to look fuckable will help. Remember your in a rock and roll band. It's not "Fuck Me", It's "Fuck You!"
    Chrissie Hynde

^ My sister's been wearing a purple butterfly ring recently as a daily reminder of her goals and wants to eventually get a tattoo that incorporates a purple butterfly.

Does Britney really have that tattoo on her hand??? How awful.

Anyway, I have really mixed feelings about tattoos. I'd probably never get one because I'm such a wuss!

One of my good friends and my college roommate has a hibiscus on her hipbone which is not good for a couple of reasons, one being that she's a bigger girl and she doesn't have a flattering stomach so it's just not a stratigically good place to put it. I don't think you should be drawing attention to certian parts of your body by adding a tattoo to them. Second, it just looks bad. The artists didn't do a very good job at all. I lied and told her it was nice but she's told me that she even regrets it from time to time.

Oh and my other best friend of ten years has a lady bug on her foot and it looks awful. It looks like a beetle, you can't see the color or anything. I guess the guy that did it said he'd fix it but I don't think she's gotten it done yet.

Just do your research and make sure you're really positive you want it, it costs a hell of a lot more to get one removed than it does to put one on.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Zee

The tattoo on the back of Britney's neck is gibberish. If you are looking for some life affirming Hebrew tattoo- pick something else.

I also like the feet tattoos. I went once to get a four leaf clover done and didn't have id. Made me feel pretty good since I was 30.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

I spent years thinking about getting a tattoo done, and got my first at the age of 31. I have a tattoo on my right shoulder - its Japanese for Tiger, its quite discreet - I can show it if I want to or cover up. I also now have Fearless in Japanese on my lower back.

I must admit I thought long and hard about my tattoos, and wouldn't have had them in "obvious" places such as my hands, forearms etc. I also did my research on the tattoo artist. Nigel who did mine is one of the leading artists in the UK.

Not sure whether I will have any more done, but I keep saying I will get my son captured for posterity somewhere on me ... probably on my butt!
    Stella Galaxy ... 16 hands of irish trouble

Also, FYI-if you are thinking about getting a hand tattoo you will most likely have some difficulty finding an artist who will do one. Many tattoo artists will not do face and hand tattoos b/c they can't be covered up and the hand tattoos fade faster (use your hands more than most other parts of your body).

I agree with everyone who say get it in a place where you can cover it up. Some people, believe it or not, find people w/tats to be crass and scum of the earth. I have 3. One to cover up part of one and one that was already there. Also, it was said before, DO NOT get a name unless it is:

A. Your own.
    B. Mom or Dad's.
    C. Your children.

And think twice about getting one on the back in the lumbar region. The one they call a tramp stamp or a slut brand because if you get back surgery later on in life, it's gonna really fuck up what will now be the second most painful thing you have had to endure.

Make sure the place DOES NOT reuse needles. They should show you the new needles. Take them right out of the package in front of you. Make sure they have that and they autoclave. Most important. And if in doubt, wait. It hurts worse to get them removed.

Hi guys!!
    You've all been so inspiring!! It is so right that a tatto has to mean something to me. Sometimes I think about it but I cannot really find an icon which could simbolize any serious feeling I have... so, there are two reasons: I am a loser I don't have any goal in life (!!!), I should understand I am not really the tattoo like person!
    I'd like to get my name written in greek, but so many people told me it's trash and egocentic!! So, I'd probably try to find out a discrete one, not fashion but meaninful. And, first, I'll try the henne. Thanks for this great brilliant idea!
    Check it out!! http://www.ladygodivas.ca/Tattoo.jpg
    Last edited by waikiki; January 28th, 2007 at 09:48 AM.

Thread Information